The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old Today, 04:49 AM   #1
alignyc
"TRF" Member

1st PAM

I just bought a PAM01360 from the local boutique and am very pleased with it.

I was shopping and popped in to try it on LAST weekend. Oh it fits really nice for 44mm I was shocked. Affordable too. Ok, I like it. I also knew i could buy it online for $2200 less, brand spanking new, too.

Then I went to AP and it threw me for a loop. I wanted what I can't have and was thinking about it. Didn't want to buy the wrong ROO.

So at a business dinner tuesday, a coworker who is literally Captain America at our publicly traded global company that i'm just "mids" in and he notices my watch - the swatch omega mission to the superblue moon collab - so we start talking and of course he wears a G-shock - nothing fancy.

I pull up a few that I think he would like and the Panerai was one of them.

The next day, wednesday he talks with me and says he wants that watch i showed him, wants the info. Within 3 hours he bought it and it's being shipped.

Wow. I'm sort of jealous.

He's still in town I'm supposed to see him tonight - so guess who ran to the store?

That's right. But I bought the bitempo with blue gmt hands and he did not spend the same type of money and bought a used PAM01033 for half of what I paid retail.

The Mgr remembered me. I told him how I can buy it for so much less but I'd like to have the relationship. Not interested in champagne or books but we can talk straps so I walked out of there with a few extra really nice ones.

Took it off the navy alligator and put it on the orange officine band - corp colors.

Dude is going to dye when he sees it. He only knows I showed it to him, never knew if i had it or not because he knows i have a few - but this will be nice to sort of peacock with it for a bit.

** Below are pics of his and my models for those that didn't know **

Anyway - love this watch!! Love it!
alignyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:51 AM   #2
alignyc
"TRF" Member

sorry forgot how to attach a smaller file pics are below

his and mine ;)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 2.45.40 PM.jpg (108.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 2.46.04 PM.jpg (217.1 KB, 0 views)
alignyc is offline   Reply With Quote