The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 03:10 AM   #1
maxutil
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Questions about Authorized Service

Hi, I have a 2016 BLNR that I haven't serviced yet, but it is having an issue with the hour hand. I want to get it serviced. It appears that Rolex Service Centers are not open to the public anymore. On the Rolex website, they list some jewelers as being authorized to service. Is there anything I need to be careful of? Any recommendations for the Los Angeles area? I was thinking of going to Bhindi in Glendale today as they are open and not too far.
maxutil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:55 AM   #2
Jefferyasher
"TRF" Member

Just my thoughts....AD's that are authorized RSC's are just as good, if not better, than Dallas or NY. At an AD RSC you will probably have direct communication with the individual doing the actual service, like I did.
Jefferyasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:57 AM   #3
Sublovin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Lots
The AD Infrequent most often is an authorized service center. The watchmaker was trained by Rolex like any other. They have a parts account, they input all work in the database, they give you the card with service details and the accompanying warranty, just the same as if you send it away. No different.
Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM   #4
DVDA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
The AD Infrequent most often is an authorized service center. The watchmaker was trained by Rolex like any other. They have a parts account, they input all work in the database, they give you the card with service details and the accompanying warranty, just the same as if you send it away. No different.
My experience with AD was not good. I bought a used Deepsea on Chrono. I went on Rolex Website to find close AD Rolex Service Center. I brought watch in to ask them if they could authenticate, make sure it wasn't stolen and check watch condition. They told me they are not allowed to authenticate or check serials but they would give it to watch maker to look if it needed services. A few days later I go pick up the watch and on the comments the watchmaker wrote "if this watch needs repairs it must be sent to Rolex."

I ask the sales rep what that means they said watchmaker can't service Deepseas and if it needs repairs it has to be sent out. I asked if it needed repairs their response was "if it did he would have written a repair" I said well does that mean it's real their response was "we can't say."

Not great. I am 99% sure the watch is real and not stolen but after that experience I still have small doubt.
DVDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM   #5
Sublovin
2024 Pledge Member

Duplicate
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM   #6
Sublovin
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
My experience with AD was not good. I bought a used Deepsea on Chrono. I went on Rolex Website to find close AD Rolex Service Center. I brought watch in to ask them if they could authenticate, make sure it wasn't stolen and check watch condition. They told me they are not allowed to authenticate or check serials but they would give it to watch maker to look if it needed services. A few days later I go pick up the watch and on the comments the watchmaker wrote "if this watch needs repairs it must be sent to Rolex."

I ask the sales rep what that means they said watchmaker can't service Deepseas and if it needs repairs it has to be sent out. I asked if it needed repairs their response was "if it did he would have written a repair" I said well does that mean it's real their response was "we can't say."

Not great. I am 99% sure the watch is real and not stolen but after that experience I still have small doubt.
Well, that's because it's a Deepsea. I also own a Deepsea, and it had to be sent out. That's because there is only one service center in the country (Lititz) that has the proper tools to pressure test the Deepsea. Nobody else is else can open a Deepsea
Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM   #7
maxutil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks. I may just go to the AD then and drop it off. They are an authorized service center.
Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM   #8
maxutil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferyasher View Post
Just my thoughts....AD's that are authorized RSC's are just as good, if not better, than Dallas or NY. At an AD RSC you will probably have direct communication with the individual doing the actual service, like I did.
Thanks for the reassurance. I may go and drop it off today than deal with shipping.
Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM   #9
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Without question or hesitation, I can recommend both Rolliworks and LA Watch Works.

Both are excellent and well worth sorting.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM   #10
DVDA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, that's because it's a Deepsea. I also own a Deepsea, and it had to be sent out. That's because there is only one service center in the country (Lititz) that has the proper tools to pressure test the Deepsea. Nobody else is else can open a Deepsea
Sounds like I should post the watch on WatchOut subform for authentication. Now I am more concerned lol.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM   #11
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
You can have your local AD send it in to RSC
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM   #12
Sublovin
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sounds like I should post the watch on WatchOut subform for authentication. Now I am more concerned lol.
I'm not trying to concern you, just explaining that opening a Deepsea is an entirely different animal. Also, some AD's may be reluctant to "authenticate" unless you have a good relationship.
Think about it, you take in a watch that you didn't buy from them, then ask them to look it over and take responsibility for telling you if it's good. All for what? Couple hundred bucks? Doesn't really make sense for them. My AD does it, but I buy a good amount of "stuff" from them.
Send it to Litiz. I had a full service on my Deepsea recently. Came back in a nice leather travel pouch with a warranty for $750. Worth it
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #13
DVDA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm not trying to concern you, just explaining that opening a Deepsea is an entirely different animal. Also, some AD's may be reluctant to "authenticate" unless you have a good relationship.
Think about it, you take in a watch that you didn't buy from them, then ask them to look it over and take responsibility for telling you if it's good. All for what? Couple hundred bucks? Doesn't really make sense for them. My AD does it, but I buy a good amount of "stuff" from them.
Send it to Litiz. I had a full service on my Deepsea recently. Came back in a nice leather travel pouch with a warranty for $750. Worth it
Yeah well I would have bought from them but waitlist stuff is a joke.
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #14
Sublovin
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yeah well I would have bought from them but waitlist stuff is a joke.
I understand, and I'm not judging, just saying that they are a for profit business. Their job is not to provide a public service for collectors. Asking for a full service makes sense, but simply asking them to reassure you that your purchase is real, is not on the menu for some AD's