The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old Today, 04:30 AM   #91
so nice
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla Gert View Post
I canceled my Ellipse order from the London Salon on back of his comments. I told them exactly why. We vote with our wallets.

I'm sure Patek will be fine without this "hater". Seems like they don't want new clients anyways.
Respect
so nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:20 AM   #92
TheHolyLuck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagnepapi View Post
Here’s a photo that goes well with the interview:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now we have a watch with the same shape of Thierry Stern’s head.
One day he woke up in front of his mirror and said : whats the most beautiful shape in the world ? My beautifull head. We make a Nautilus out of it
TheHolyLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:27 AM   #93
inxs777
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15305ST
AND I have huge wrists, I want it to be in 45mm.

Seems like he designed a watch for himself..
inxs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #94
edyu
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

If we give him the benefit of the doubt in that maybe he's a geek that's just not very good with diplomacy when he speaks? Could it be that he just doesn't know how to talk to people without being too "direct."

Never mind, as I typed it I realized that it still doesn't excuse him. LOL.
edyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:40 AM   #95
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Having read the magazine article (admittedly a translation), I’m not sure I understand why people are so upset. Even assuming that the article editor represented what was said by TS verbatim, I still don’t read it as an attack on anyone, simply a statement of fact.

I believe this is the quote, but correct me if I’ve misunderstood - ’ We all always get attacked when we launch something new. The haters are mostly people who have never had a Patek and never will. So that doesn't bother me. What counts for me is the result.’

So he cares about the result and only about people who own or will own a Patek Philippe. What’s the issue guys?
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:15 AM   #96
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Having read the magazine article (admittedly a translation), I’m not sure I understand why people are so upset. Even assuming that the article editor represented what was said by TS verbatim, I still don’t read it as an attack on anyone, simply a statement of fact.

I believe this is the quote, but correct me if I’ve misunderstood - ’ We all always get attacked when we launch something new. The haters are mostly people who have never had a Patek and never will. So that doesn't bother me. What counts for me is the result.’

So he cares about the result and only about people who own or will own a Patek Philippe. What’s the issue guys?
Because he’s completely crapping on anyone who disagrees with him saying they’re too poor to buy his watch. If you’re a new customer and the owner/president of the company says you’re a loser, would you really want to still buy from them?

Regarding the statement of fact. If your wife asks do I look fat, are you going to say yes you look like a whale? It’s a statement of fact! There’s a right way and wrong way to respond to people and his statement was not how you respond. If he said something like “We understand that new releases are always going to be controversial but ultimately it’s up to the market to decide” then less people wouldn’t have an issue with it. His response comes off as extremely arrogant and entitled coming from a nepo baby trying to prove that he’s not.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #97
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Because he’s completely crapping on anyone who disagrees with him saying they’re too poor to buy his watch. If you’re a new customer and the owner/president of the company says you’re a loser, would you really want to still buy from them?

Regarding the statement of fact. If your wife asks do I look fat, are you going to say yes you look like a whale? It’s a statement of fact! There’s a right way and wrong way to respond to people and his statement was not how you respond. If he said something like “We understand that new releases are always going to be controversial but ultimately it’s up to the market to decide” then less people wouldn’t have an issue with it. His response comes off as extremely arrogant and entitled coming from a nepo baby trying to prove that he’s not.

Exactly. His interview was cringeworthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:47 PM   #98
edyu

Quote:

Most people (I assume) in this subforum do or will own a Patek so we are the people that he cares about.
However, it's just like YM2 which I thought is pretty cool with really fun movements and there are people who love them and buys them but many more people dislike them.
Just like YM2, I believe eventually after they downsize the watch, more people will like Cubitus (assuming we didn't get offended by TS's stance and decided to never buy a Patek).
edyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #99
Cru Jones

Quote:

As often happens these days, I think it’s very likely we are misinterpreting an excerpt from an interview lifted out of context. And a translation no less. Perhaps a bad translation….

The simple fact is, MOST people WON’T have a Patek. There aren’t many Pateks.

But, I think we can all agree, there are many easily offended internet warriors looking to pick fights to feel better about their opinions. The so-called “haters” (or whatever word Thierry used in German that was translated as “haters”).

I mean, putting it another way, one is ok with the rather silly/slightly pompous marketing of Patek (“one never owns a Patek….”), but one vilifies the brand due to an out-of-context throw-away sentence in a translated interview?
Cru Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:55 PM   #100
Breizh
"TRF" Member

Ok, I'll buck the trend here :-)

I kind of like the 5528
Also, I remember how the Aquanaut got a similar reception at launch. When I bought one (in early 2000) I heard a lot of "it's not a real Patek", "a plastic strap! this is the end of Patek" etc...

Now, the cubitus might go a different way and be flop after all, but I think it's too soon to know for sure.
Breizh is online now   Reply With Quote