The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 January 2010, 09:52 AM   #31
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
I think the price was $5810. I am not sure about the change, but for sure the $5800.(Canadian funds, of course). I love the watch so much, I did not even flinch at the price. I actually thought it would be less. The MSRP on my Milgauss was $7200. I thought there would be more of a difference. Still, I always believe that something is always worth it if it really is what one has a passion for.
Realizing that I could possibly do better on that price, I am totally confident that the after sales service will be outstanding. I just don't believe you can pay for confidence like that. I fully intend to stay with this AD.
Cheers,
Carl
I bought an Omega Seamaster from them in 93' they were very good to deal with.Watch retailed then for $2500 I paid $2000. (bought the wife jewelery as well, always a good idea).I found for what its worth they will generally give a 15% reduction without much if any proding,its a nice way to cover the taxes.
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2010, 09:55 AM   #32
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everose View Post
I also prefer the clean simplicity of original Expy...but my only problem is 36mm......i really hope they announce a 40mm option in March(my wrist is 7.25 inches)I know alot of you guys love that its 36mm.

Kyles photos should come with a warning;COULD BE HARMFUL TO YOUR BANK BALANCE!!!

Inspirational stories like Carls also does not help

40MM would get me into one
Old 25 January 2010, 10:03 AM   #33
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
Looking forward to pics once you get that baby on your wrist!Did you have to do much haggling to get the discount?

BTW, greetings from a fellow Vancouverite!
No haggling at all. Glad to see another Vancouverite on the forum! By the way, is your Rolex the 36mm Yacht-Master steel and platinum?
That is a favourite of mine! The size is great and very unusual for that type of watch. I don't know any other companies that do one in that size.
Cheers ,
Carl
Old 25 January 2010, 10:09 AM   #34
Lucy Diamond
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1966 Pepsi
Quote:
No haggling at all. Glad to see another Vancouverite on the forum! By the way, is your Rolex the 36mm Yacht-Master steel and platinum?
That is a favourite of mine!
Yes,that's the one.Like you,I am in the process of adding to my Rolex family but will absolutely be keeping the mid-size YM....I love it!
Old 25 January 2010, 10:15 AM   #35
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Congrats in advance, Carl! I can sense your enthusiasm and am sure you will be very happy with your Explorer!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2010, 02:47 PM   #36
mr_happy_ending
"TRF" Member

could you please tell us what the discount is.
mr_happy_ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2010, 01:14 PM   #37
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_happy_ending View Post
could you please tell us what the discount is.
It is 20%. I am very happy with that. I know a number of people would say I could have done better. No haggling. Just offered to me.
I should be picking it up at the end of the week.
This experience has been my most pleasant new watch purchase - bar none. I just know that the service will be amazing after the purchase, and that I will always be welcome in that shop, even just to browse and visit. I already knew one of the chaps from the AD where I bought my Omega Railmaster, and both of the gentlemen in that shop work beautifully together. What a wonderful experience!
Cheers,
Carl
Old 26 January 2010, 01:47 PM   #38
Jolu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I/II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambam View Post
I love your pics, Jolu By the way, is that my old Explorer?
Thanks! No, no "RRR" on this one. My brother has your old Explorer now

“I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks”
- Daniel Boone -
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2010, 01:52 PM   #39
shandy
Banned

Time to add another watch name to the list under your avatar my friend
shandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2010, 02:11 PM   #40
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
The Explorer is a beautiful watch with such clean lines and simplicity. Enjoy your new watch Carl and wear in good health!!!

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2010, 02:43 PM   #41
shandy
Banned

As I wrote you the other day Carl, If one buys from a grey dealer in the States (where they all seem to be!!) They ship fed ex or ups so we in the great white north would be stung for duties and brokerage fees, add that lot up and the price you got yours from from a proper dealer with all the warrenties intact is pretty much on par for what the grey dealers I saw were selling them for!

Oh yes add in the Canadian/US exchange on top of that and the difference is so small as to not be worth the bother or lack of peace of mind going the grey route. I think you got an exceptional deal mate!
Old 26 January 2010, 03:19 PM   #42
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
As I wrote you the other day Carl, If one buys from a grey dealer in the States (where they all seem to be!!) They ship fed ex or ups so we in the great white north would be stung for duties and brokerage fees, add that lot up and the price you got yours from from a proper dealer with all the warrenties intact is pretty much on par for what the grey dealers I saw were selling them for!

Oh yes add in the Canadian/US exchange on top of that and the difference is so small as to not be worth the bother or lack of peace of mind going the grey route. I think you got an exceptional deal mate!
I can't agree with you more! In addition to that, don't forget the GST and PST. When I got the Oris today, I was presented a bill for $56.93 for PST and GST. That is really a lot, when you consider that the amount I paid for the watch is $375USD. Can you imagine how much that would be on a Rolex Explorer?! It would add over $500. to the bill! No, I could not have done better anywhere, I am convinced of that. And to think that I didn't even have to ask these people for a discount. It was offered when I asked the price.
And the service they give is incredible! I was asking about whether or not the
3130 caliber had been updated yet with the Parachrom hairspring, which will eventually be added to this movement. Wayne didn't know, but he took the watch upstairs and the watchmaker opened it up right there to check. By the way, just out of interest's sake, they seem to not have started updating this movement yet, as mine does not have it.
I am absolutely beaming with delight, not only about getting the Explorer, but also the fact that the service is - and will be - so outstanding!
Cheers,
Carl
Old 26 January 2010, 03:38 PM   #43
shandy
Banned

Only a few more sleeps my friend and it will be yours. I am so happy that you are inviting me along to share the experience, I can't wait!

I will predict here in public that this will be your favorite watch of all time
Old 27 January 2010, 03:53 AM   #44
Jeepwatchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060
You will really like your Explorer. I love mine. That's a great discount! I could only talk my AD into giving me 5% off mine!
Jeepwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2010, 05:01 AM   #45
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is 20%. I am very happy with that. I know a number of people would say I could have done better. No haggling. Just offered to me.
I should be picking it up at the end of the week.
This experience has been my most pleasant new watch purchase - bar none. I just know that the service will be amazing after the purchase, and that I will always be welcome in that shop, even just to browse and visit. I already knew one of the chaps from the AD where I bought my Omega Railmaster, and both of the gentlemen in that shop work beautifully together. What a wonderful experience!
Cheers,
Carl
Old 27 January 2010, 05:20 AM   #46
Black Bay Dan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
And don't forget the oldies!

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0501.jpg (36.7 KB, 81 views)
Black Bay Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2010, 12:33 PM   #47
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air King Dan View Post
And don't forget the oldies!

Dan
With Rolex, it is really hard to forget the oldies. They are usually so well preserved that they look like the new ones! I am constantly impressed when I see some of the older models. A fellow at my AD has a 14-year-old DJ. Yes, I can tell it has been lovingly worn, but I would have guessed that he got it maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Even the bracelet looks great! I have not yet got my Explorer - end of this week - but I am already contemplating my next one. Something with stainless/gold combo I think. You never know, could be I find an oldie myself!
Love that Explorer of yours, with the drilled holes through the lugs! I would love if they were still doing that. Yours looks as good as new.
Cheers,
Carl
Old 30 January 2010, 08:06 AM   #48
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

Just scratched mine by picking up a 5500 Explorer. Smaller than I'm used to but perfectly proportioned.
TheBluePrince is offline   Reply With Quote