The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 March 2007, 11:26 AM   #1
High-Gear

Rifles and Rolex

Guys,

We had a few training missions last Wednesday, and I wore my new Sea-Dweller. There was some photos taken with me in my Ghillie suit and my rifle, with my sleve pushed up enough to show off the SD. I was not able to get in touch with the person who took the photos today, so I snapped a few with some of my other "Babies" Enjoy!

My Sniper rifle: A Remington 700 in an Accuracy Internaitonal stock, custom built by George Gardner at GAP

A look at the front of the scope, a Nightforce optics 5.5 x 22

My support weapon

My Sidearm. Glock entusiasts will notice the port cut, and the cut in front of the sights indicates there is a little switch on the other side of the slide. This is a Glock 18C, a select fire (full auto) pistol. Not really useful in the real world, but a lot of fun to shoot

Here is my off duty 1911, with my SD, DJ, Passport and a few Euros and Pounds. We were gathering items for a trip we will be taking next week.

I hope you guys enjoyed these. I'll try to bring my camera home from work, which has a macro lens, and get some better photos of the watches. I also have a few more guns, and will try to arrange some better "Themed" photos.
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2007, 01:13 PM   #2
boogerhead
"TRF" Member

Watch: S/S Submariner
Nice looking stuff you've got there high-gear. I'm a fan of the 1911 pistols, too. Yours looks customized- is it possibly a wilson custom? I've an old 1911 Gold Cup with a holo-scope. Loads of fun to shoot, though a bit big and cumbersome compared to the likes of your Glock!
Thanks for sharing!
boogerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2007, 02:18 PM   #3
Blue Bull
Banned

Whats your accuracy with the custom Rem 700 @ 100,200,300 etc yards ? Caliber .308W ? Ever used a Sako TRG ?

I have a Mauser .308W,stamped "Spandau 1916" reblued ,glass bedded,Timney trigger,Buttler Creek stock. 1MOA with 168gr Hornady boattails and a 4x40 scope.I think with a larger magnifying scope I could go less than 1MOA.Not bad for a hunting rifle ...

My family home/family protector is a Glock 23 with an extended 15 shot magazine.
Blue Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2007, 02:49 PM   #4
High-Gear

Blue Bull,

I have never fired a TRG, but would love to if you want to loan me one!
The accuracy depends on weather conditions, (wind is not your friend). Usually between 1/4 to 1/2 moa out to 300, and 1/2 moa beyond with 5 shot groups. Temp only effects elevation, + 1 moa below freezing for the first two rounds, normal zero after the chamber warms up, and - 1 moa above 95 degrees. It is a
.308 and I use Black Hills Match 175 gr. which uses Sierra Match King bullets and Ramshot TAC powder. The best I have ever fired at 100 yds, is a 5 shot 1/8" group (Definately not typical) This rifle hangs with F class benchrest guns, not bad for a spray painted tactical rifle.

I like my guns like I like my watches, Accurate and Dependable, which is why I wear Rolex!

BTW, you can't go wrong with the older Mausers, many a custom rifle has been built on their receivers. Your rifle was built in the old world by those who knew quality.
Old 10 March 2007, 03:08 PM   #5
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
Blue Bull,

I have never fired a TRG, but would love to if you want to loan me one!
The accuracy depends on weather conditions, (wind is not your friend). Usually between 1/4 to 1/2 moa out to 300, and 1/2 moa beyond with 5 shot groups. Temp only effects elevation, + 1 moa below freezing for the first two rounds, normal zero after the chamber warms up, and - 1 moa above 95 degrees. It is a
.308 and I use Black Hills Match 175 gr. which uses Sierra Match King bullets and Ramshot TAC powder. The best I have ever fired at 100 yds, is a 5 shot 1/8" group (Definately not typical) This rifle hangs with F class benchrest guns, not bad for a spray painted tactical rifle.

I like my guns like I like my watches, Accurate and Dependable, which is why I wear Rolex!

BTW, you can't go wrong with the older Mausers, many a custom rifle has been built on their receivers. Your rifle was built in the old world by those who knew quality.
Yes,those old Mausers are special.Very strong K98 action.The Boers in the Anglo Boer war used the Mauser rifles,in 8x57.Its a fact that at up to 800 yards,the British was pinned down,due to the accuracy of these rifles and the marksmanship of the Boers.Head shots were very common.Thats also with open sights.

Exceptional accuracy with your tactical rifle

Do the porting make the Glock 18C controllable in full auto mode ?
Old 10 March 2007, 03:14 PM   #6
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Speaking of rifling...

I've rifled through my sock drawer to find two that sort of match, and rifled through my underwear drawer to find the ones with the fewest holes. Do they count?
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2007, 03:22 PM   #7
High-Gear

I don't know that I would use the word "Controllable", but it tames it quite a bit. The gun is actually designed as a close in weapon capable of delivering an overwhelming hail of gunfire on a single adversary (1200 rds per min or 20per sec), such as in dignitary protection, or in my particular situation as a Sniper. During a rural operation, where I may be observing a marijuana field, which is often patrolled by armed paranoid dealers, which may happen upon me, it could save me from having a really bad day. Realistically I don't believe it has that great of a use, but it was issued to me and like I said it is alot of fun.
Old 10 March 2007, 03:25 PM   #8
High-Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
I've rifled through my sock drawer to find two that sort of match, and rifled through my underwear drawer to find the ones with the fewest holes. Do they count?
What sort of "group" did you get in the shorts?
Old 10 March 2007, 03:27 PM   #9
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
Havent found a " match grade Blue TT Sub "in the drawer,yet ... ??
Old 10 March 2007, 03:30 PM   #10
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
What sort of "group" did you get in the shorts?
You'd probably arrest most of the "group" in those shorts!

Just kidding, please don't come here and shoot me!
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Old 10 March 2007, 03:34 PM   #11
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bull View Post
Havent found a " match grade Blue TT Sub "in the drawer,yet ... ??
Nope, I usually toss things out before they degrade to that point.

Actually, I was surprised by my TT Sub colour poll. I thought that more members here had black TT's but it looks as though Blue is the favourite. That's ok, it's a striking looking watch.
Member #1,315

Old 10 March 2007, 04:19 PM   #12
Tombstone
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub and others
High Gear nice tools, I have a few myself. I enjoy my G35s with SureFire
X200s I have several M-4S with 900m SureFires, Aimpoint, and a couple other toys on them. Be safe send more to them then they send to you.
Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2007, 09:01 PM   #13
Lol-x
Facilitator

Hi Hi-Gear, some high calibre gear there including the SD. I basically know nothing about guns, but in your first phot, is your gun dirty, or is that a style of camoflage that I have not seen before?
Also is that scope on your rifle night vision and how does that work?
I've been wearing my SD for the last week or 2 and yep, it is very accurate and dependable :)
What is the story on the knife, I just got a Gerber Paraframe II (works great for me as a letter opener in the office:)
Thanks for the insight. Cheers
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 02:55 AM   #14
High-Gear

LOL-X,

I use a product called Fleck Stone paint. What is good about this product, is it gives a three dimensional effect, and does not reflect any light, as even flat paints can do with the new high powered lamps. The other benefit is the paint is a two stage product, which requires a sealer coat. I do not use the sealer coat, which makes the paint removeable, and mission specific. I have found the combination of the sand and green in a breakup pattern works well in almost all environments. I used a sponge to add paint to the killflash (honeycomb thing) on the scope and scope cover so it does not show up as a big black circle. The flash makes it look a lot lighter than it really is. The knife is a Benchmade Mel Pardue collaboration, I forget the model name.

Some of the guys asked if I was going to paint the SD so it would blend in to the environment. While I'm sure the SD could handle it, and would look exually as striking, I just couldn't bring myslef to do it.
Old 11 March 2007, 05:26 AM   #15
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

Me and My Dad Share These ! Pics are not my own. I also Have A Webley , Beretta M92F and some sort of bb gun
Attached Images
File Type: gif AirArm400carbinewalnut.gif (23.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: gif AirArm400Clas.gif (24.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Air-Ranger-750-1.jpg (15.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg rat.jpg (15.2 KB, 83 views)
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 05:28 AM   #16
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

1. Air Arms S400 Carbine
2. Air Arms S400 Classic
3. Daystate Desert Air Ranger
4. Rat Catcher
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 09:18 AM   #17
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Adstylianou, Nice photos and nice guns! What are the specs on the 2 Air Arms? Caliber .177 pellet? and fps? Think I need to get one.
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 11:50 AM   #18
High-Gear

What sort of accuracy, and velocity do you get out of that air ranger?
Old 11 March 2007, 01:01 PM   #19
ofelas
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dinged & Gouged
Nice to see some long range folks! I used an issue M24 for several years, in .308 as well as .300 Win Mag. Took it all over the world with me.
ofelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 04:19 PM   #20
TARDIS
"TRF" Member

Very nice 'shots'... good grouping .

Rolex is a very tough watch, but it ain't 'bullet proof'.
TARDIS is offline   Reply With Quote