The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 April 2007, 05:00 AM   #1
timelord
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back
Service price rise since 2002??

Has anyone noticed what the basic Authorised Service Centre price rise has been since 2002 for a DJ Rolex? By the basic Service, I mean the one you have every 3 to 5 years, where there is no replacement of major parts needed other than gaskets etc.??????
timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2007, 06:13 AM   #2
watchnut
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona & TT DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord View Post
Has anyone noticed what the basic Authorised Service Centre price rise has been since 2002 for a DJ Rolex? By the basic Service, I mean the one you have every 3 to 5 years, where there is no replacement of major parts needed other than gaskets etc.??????
My Gmt went to RSC/NY in January 04. Price for service was $347 consisting of basic service $300 + crown and tube. They tell me now it's around $500. That's why I intend to stretch out my services to maybe 7 years or so.
watchnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2007, 06:41 AM   #3
Fitchy

Watch: it!
My Sea Dweller had a basic service in 2004 at a cost of 200 stirling and was noted by Rolex that the crystal was scrathed, i recently decided to have the crystal changed, but Rolex would not change the crystal without another service, projected total cost, 300 stirling by the AD and a two month wait.(4weeks to go)
Fitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2007, 07:43 AM   #4
davor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitchy View Post
My Sea Dweller had a basic service in 2004 at a cost of 200 stirling and was noted by Rolex that the crystal was scrathed, i recently decided to have the crystal changed, but Rolex would not change the crystal without another service, projected total cost, 300 stirling by the AD and a two month wait.(4weeks to go)
this doesnt seem right doesnt the service on the SD include a changing of the hv valve...someone wrote here that they always change that at a normal 3-5 year service
davor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2007, 08:13 AM   #5
nko51
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchnut View Post
My Gmt went to RSC/NY in January 04. Price for service was $347 consisting of basic service $300 + crown and tube. They tell me now it's around $500. That's why I intend to stretch out my services to maybe 7 years or so.
Are you sure it's around $500! Can someone please check into this!