The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 4 April 2011, 10:30 PM   #1
jenu

Watch: iPhone
Bezel Clarity

I am not clear on this matter and looking for a clear answer. I have a newer datejust model number Z830021. I want to switch the dome bezel for a white gold fluted one. Is this possible? If so, where can I get an original one and how can it be put on?

The older models seems easy, as you can just pop it of with a pocket knife.

I am getting mixed solutions at it can not be done and I am seeing some threads that it is doable.

Thanks for any insight.
jenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2011, 02:01 AM   #2
jenu

Watch: iPhone
edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenu View Post
I am not clear on this matter and looking for a clear answer. I have a newer datejust model number Z830021. I want to switch the dome bezel for a white gold fluted one. Is this possible? If so, where can I get an original one and how can it be put on?

The older models seems easy, as you can just pop it of with a pocket knife.

I am getting mixed solutions at it can not be done and I am seeing some threads that it is doable.

Thanks for any insight.
Sorry the model number is 116200
jenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2011, 07:43 AM   #3
OysterDavid
Banned

Hopefully, this will give you some 'clarity'. The model number for this Datejust also designates its attributes, including the domed bezel. So, to swap bezels would make this watch different from what Rolex says it should be. In the Rolex universe, this is not permitted. So, from an 'official' standpoint, Rolex will not facilitate this kind of swap.

So, you ask, 'can it be put on?'...and the answer is yes, but what are you going to put on? There are aftermarket bezels available from a variety of sources and you could stay updated on the auction site to see if you can source an authentic one, but that will open up the question as to the fit and finish of your acquisition. The bezel is an integral part of the waterproof nature of a Rolex, holding the crystal in place. Rolex makes these things to very tight and exact tolerances, so even a fraction of a millemeter can mess things up. Another obsticle in obtaining an authentic bezel is the fact that the newer series Datejusts haven't been on the market long enough to where people are 'parting them out' like the older series of Datejusts.

Because these parts aren't made available to AD's it's not like you can just find a dealer and get them to order one for you. Also, if memory serves, and I could be mistaken, the obvious aftermarket bezels are made of stainless and not white gold, so you'd have the look but not the metal.

Keep in mind, with Rolex, you're only renting, subject to the rules as defined by Rolex, Geneva.
OysterDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2011, 10:47 AM   #4
Rikki
TechXpert

Watch: 5512 s/s Sub
now that was a mouthful but extremely accurate. If you want that bezel on your watch buy another watch IMO Rik
Rolex Parts Account Holder.
Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote