The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 June 2007, 03:44 PM   #1
emme77
"TRF" Member

Opinion?

Greetings to everyone! I'm a 'one watch' person ( due to budget constrain) and now sitting on the fence if I should fund my SD (7 yrs old A series) for a new Yachtmaster 16622 as in change of 'look', since the dealer has offered quite a good price for my SD. Considered Panerai and TT Blue Sub before, but still prefer SS Rolex at the end of the day. Need your opinion, do you think that this flip from SD to YM is an upgrade? Anybody share the same experience? Thanks and have a great day ahead!
emme77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2007, 03:52 PM   #2
supermarz
"TRF" Member

DO IT DO IT!!!
i've just bought a yacht master full size plat/ss 16622 2 months ago and i almost never take it off
gorgeous watch for shure
and you should get a pretty good pricing in singapore too i guess
supermarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2007, 03:55 PM   #3
John Ireland
"TRF" Member

Well do you like the Yachtmaster II better than

your SD?

If you do...really do...not just feeling bored and wanting to buy something so the boredom goes aways...then I still would not do the deal if it involved any any any cash (including sales tax) out of your pocket. The new YM II may turn out to be the horological equivilent of the Pontiac Aztec and the Ford Edsel. The SD is a known and respected model...even among many who don't like Rolex.

And no matter what they say...they won't give you full value for the SD and the moment you walk out the door with the YM II it will drop in value about 30 to 35%...so really think about this. I don't see any pluses in the trade.
John Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2007, 04:23 PM   #4
emme77
"TRF" Member

Thank you 'supermarz' and 'John Ireland" for your super duper fast replies! Supermarz kinda making me walk out from my showroom and go striaght to the AD!
Btw John, you have mistaken, i'm refering to YM 16622 PLAT/SS.
emme77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2007, 01:45 AM   #5
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Emme,

I do not think changing from an SD to a YM is in any way an "upgrade". It is simiply a change in "look". But that is what you stated that you want.

If you truly feel that you will be more pleased with a YM on your wrist, then that is the only criteria to be considered.

I say - go for it - and do not EVER look back and dwell on the cost involved if, on first blush, you felt the deal was worth it.
Tools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2007, 02:03 AM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ireland View Post
your SD?

If you do...really do...not just feeling bored and wanting to buy something so the boredom goes aways...then I still would not do the deal if it involved any any any cash (including sales tax) out of your pocket. The new YM II may turn out to be the horological equivilent of the Pontiac Aztec and the Ford Edsel. The SD is a known and respected model...even among many who don't like Rolex.

And no matter what they say...they won't give you full value for the SD and the moment you walk out the door with the YM II it will drop in value about 30 to 35%...so really think about this. I don't see any pluses in the trade.
Got agree with John over this the Yachtmaster yes its a nice watch but hardly a upgrade,more expencive yes if you class that as a upgrade.Most Rolex sports and the DJ range all use the same reliable and accurate Cal 3135.Basically the Yachtmaster 16622 is just a lower W/Resist Sub with a bit of platinum in the bezel and dial at a premium price and a different look.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2007, 10:24 AM   #7
supermarz
"TRF" Member

emme77: haha good work!! pls show us a wristshot when you get a chance...

it may not be such an upgrade from what you have for the moment... but i like the balance between the sporty look and the dress up look.

how could you deny this beauty ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg y2-3.jpg (132.6 KB, 41 views)
supermarz is offline   Reply With Quote