The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 July 2007, 12:14 AM   #1
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
I've finally seen it firsthand...........

I met a local from Timezone.com last night who was sporting the new GMT. Must say it's a very nice watch. Quite different than the slightly older 16710. Enough that I could see eventually owning both. My 16710 still has more details I prefer. Of course the new bracelet and ceramic bezel are huge advancements.
If I had to choose just one today I'd go with my 16710. If the new GMT eventually incorporated the 120 click bezel, red 24 hour hand, and polished center links that could put it on top. If not, might have to have both. Then again, if ifs and buts were candy & nuts everyday would be Christmas.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2007, 12:31 AM   #2
Teofilo

Watch: 14060M,16710 PEPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
I met a local from Timezone.com last night who was sporting the new GMT. Must say it's a very nice watch. Quite different than the slightly older 16710. Enough that I could see eventually owning both. My 16710 still has more details I prefer. Of course the new bracelet and ceramic bezel are huge advancements.
If I had to choose just one today I'd go with my 16710. If the new GMT eventually incorporated the 120 click bezel, red 24 hour hand, and polished center links that could put it on top. If not, might have to have both. Then again, if ifs and buts were candy & nuts everyday would be Christmas.
dP
Dan I'm getting worried about you !......this is the second post I've seen from you in the past few days that hasnt included your GMT
Are you having some remorse about corrupting poor Bama's mind ?
Teofilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2007, 04:42 AM   #3
Bama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teofilo View Post
Dan I'm getting worried about you !......this is the second post I've seen from you in the past few days that hasnt included your GMT
Are you having some remorse about corrupting poor Bama's mind ?
Thanks for looking out for me, Peter. You were right. I was just an innocent child, happy with my LV until Dan kept shoving those GMT pictures down my throat. I take no responsibility.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2007, 10:36 PM   #4
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Ok, ok, I got a little out of hand with the GMT pics. Just shows how happy I am with it. Watch collectors go from brand to brand till they find one that speaks to them the most. Like many here, it's been Rolex that's done it for me. And besides, it's taken many years to aquire the watch, camera, time, and dare I say skill, to create decent pics that represent MY watches.
Bet ya haven't seen this one for a while................
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GMTIImacro1.jpg (148.9 KB, 167 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2007, 11:25 PM   #5
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
Ok, ok, I got a little out of hand with the GMT pics. Just shows how happy I am with it. Watch collectors go from brand to brand till they find one that speaks to them the most. Like many here, it's been Rolex that's done it for me. And besides, it's taken many years to aquire the watch, camera, time, and dare I say skill, to create decent pics that represent MY watches.
dP
... and then they went and screwed it up with a GREEN hand.The mind boggles Just think about a Expl II white or black dial with a green hand......Oops I have to run I am nauseus
Blue Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2007, 11:29 PM   #6
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Well, the White Dial Exp II needs to stick with the Red hand, but I think I would like my Black Dial Exp II with the Green hand. I like the Green Hand. Little more subdued, blends in nice, and still does the job. The Green Hand and the Green Prints is nice looking IMHO.

Now if they would just redo the Explorer IIs with the Maxi Dial or at least the larger hands and the improved movement!

DP, that is a great looking photo and still like the way your GMT II looks with the Jubilee bracelet. I bet it is extremely comfortable to wear!
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2007, 11:33 PM   #7
Bama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
dP
Keep sending us those pics, Dan. They look beautiful and I always enjoy viewing them.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2007, 11:33 PM   #8
mike
"TRF" Member

Fantastic photo Dan!!!
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2007, 09:12 AM   #9
Teofilo

Watch: 14060M,16710 PEPSI
Dan, you are most definitely "the man" when it comes to GMT photos......you had the BIGGEST influence on me getting my GMT...
Thanks for the inspiration
Teofilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2007, 05:44 PM   #10
Andad
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bull View Post
... and then they went and screwed it up with a GREEN hand.The mind boggles Just think about a Expl II white or black dial with a green hand......Oops I have to run I am nauseus
GREEN is good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06537e.jpg (69.7 KB, 82 views)

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2007, 05:46 PM   #11
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
WOW! Amazing close-up, Eddie!! Great stuff!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2007, 03:49 AM   #12
alexcord

Watch: Maxi SS GMT II
I have said it before but I will say it again. Before my purchase of the new GMT II I was gutted that they had changed the hand to Green but once owned it just seems right.

Red is dead, Long live the Green
alexcord is offline   Reply With Quote