The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 9 October 2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Java
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Not Only, but also

There is always a lot of talk about fake watches and how to identify them.
Still people get caught out by fakes. Not many of them are WIS, although I have seen fakes that would fool even a reasonably experienced watch expert.

My work takes me regularly to Guangzhou, in China, In fact i will be there again in a week or so.
I have visited many of the factories that produce these fakes and at the same time produce watches for many low end high street brands.

However the purpose of my post is not fake watches, but to warn people that it is not only watches , but also everything related to watches, that one needs to be very careful of.
It is not always as easy to spot.
In the Guangzhou International watch trade centre, and establishment the size of the large shopping malls, trade is conducted in legitimate and counterfeit watches every day and in huge quantities.
There are many traders however who don't sell watches at all. But they do sell Box sets , for Franck Muller, Omega, Patek, Hublot you name it.
They also sell , deployments, crystals, hands, dials. I have seen genuine Alligator straps, marked with makers names such as JLC, and Patek
You name it , they make it.
Beware of accessories, parts , straps, bands and everything else , not just watches

Photos at Guangzhou International Horology trade centre

The Seaguls are real

On my return from my next trip, in a few weeks. I will post photos of as many of the fake accessories as i can. For interest sake. I doubt it would really help with identifying fakes.

Remember

Buy the seller