The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 5 July 2012, 02:00 PM   #1
ncstate1201
"TRF" Member

Mid-sized Tudor Subs 75090 and 75190

Just curious you don't see either of these too often. I have been on a bit of a Tudor Sub kick, so now I have a mid-size on its way. I have never seen or tried one, I have a small wrist so my guess is it will compliment my other Tudor Subs and I can put a band on it and wear it with a suit, I am thinking the smaller size may be dressier. But the real point of my post is to ask if anyone knows anything about the production numbers of these, are they more rare than their full size cousins (I do realize that made them sound fat)? It may end up being a catch and release, but always wanted to try one.

Last edited by ncstate1201; 5 July 2012 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Mods please move this to the vintage.
ncstate1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2012, 12:32 AM   #2
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
The only thing I know is that are less expensive than their 40mm cousins..

Congratulations, I'll look forwrd to some wrist shots
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2012, 01:56 AM   #3
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
i have one and my Mom wears it. i bought it, but hte band was not big enough to wear home... i asked her to wear it home and she flat out refuses to return to me. its that nice!

mine is a 75190 black and around 1997. its almost exactly the same size as a full size DJ. the numbers are low compared to the 79190s. i say 5:1, but htis is only my observation and a guess.

i got mine for a steal from an uninformed dealer at a "diamond exchange" in FL. hee hee
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2012, 06:41 AM   #4
ncstate1201
"TRF" Member

It came today, but with mixed emotions. I love the watch and it fits right in with my others as shown in the pic. And I did get this cool Rolex Green Tiffany Sharkskin strap and buckle for it, but then again when I opened the box it wasn't running The good news is the seller said that he will give me a partial refund so I can keep the watch and get it serviced, in the pics he sent me prior to shipping it was clearly running. What a bummer it got bashed in shipping. Thank you fedex Anyways I love it on the strap and love it with the fam, so hopefully he does give me the partial refund as opposed to a full return. Sorry for the bad pic, was too lazy to setup all the appropriate lighting and it was dark and stormy outside so not enough light, but there is the little guy in the center with the blue flake in the foreground with his lollipop brother...

Old 6 July 2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Warnsboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
My 75090 next to a 76100

If your interested in an oyster, the 19MM "Tudor" clasped 9315 with 383B endlinks come up for sale occasionally at a reasonable price.
Warnsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2012, 08:27 AM   #6
ncstate1201
"TRF" Member

now that is a cool pic, I almost forgot to read your message. I am guessing the band is still folded link? I am strange in that I do not like the folded link at all. I still have another one in great condition in storage I am thinking of selling. I don't see the point of holding onto it, I don't wear it. I put an aftermarket on the watch since I can size it more easily without destroying the band. So I have an aftermarket on the snowflake in the pic, but I think it's fairly tough to tell, and if I want I could put the folded back on it. So I would probably pass on any for sale unless it was easily adjustable (screwed links).
Old 6 July 2012, 11:06 AM   #7
Warnsboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstate1201 View Post
now that is a cool pic, I almost forgot to read your message. I am guessing the band is still folded link? I am strange in that I do not like the folded link at all. I still have another one in great condition in storage I am thinking of selling. I don't see the point of holding onto it, I don't wear it. I put an aftermarket on the watch since I can size it more easily without destroying the band. So I have an aftermarket on the snowflake in the pic, but I think it's fairly tough to tell, and if I want I could put the folded back on it. So I would probably pass on any for sale unless it was easily adjustable (screwed links).

That's a nice set of Tudor Subs.....Enjoy
Warnsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2012, 11:19 AM   #8
azguy
Banned

You have a great collection, the blue snowflake is
Old 6 July 2012, 11:33 AM   #9
ncstate1201
"TRF" Member

thank you both, and thank you brian for the blue snowflake, it is another new arrival!
Old 6 July 2012, 11:57 AM   #10
nowzen
"TRF" Member

Tell us more about the not running... was the watch packed well? Did the packaging show evidence of abuse? Would the watch wind, but not run at all? Do you think it was an impact?

Just curious as to what would damage a sub in transit, thanx.
Old 6 July 2012, 01:31 PM   #11
ncstate1201
"TRF" Member

The watch was packed in a Tudor pouch, it came on a strap, with a bracelet in the pouch separate. Everything seemed to be packaged fairly tightly, but then that pouch was in bubble wrap, then in cardboard, then bubble wrap outside of that...etc. etc. I definitely think it was packaged fine when it comes to protecting the crystal, or anything crushing the watch, but it seemed like it had some room to move around. And even if it didn't move around there wasn't too much to absorb the impact of being tossed. I guess if it had come with the box most people would wrap the box up in bubble wrap and another box, and even inside the watch box I would usually put bubble wrap. Are you tired of packaging talk yet? But in the case where there would be boxes I think that would absorb a lot more of the impact. Just my opinion, but like I said the hands, including the second were clearly advancing in the pics I bought it from. So I do believe it was running first, plus the seller seems pretty reputable and has been good to deal with!
Old 6 July 2012, 02:10 PM   #12
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
My experience with servicing these Tudors has been positive. Much cheaper and quicker than in house rolexes. Less watchmaker bitching with the Tudors
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2012, 12:16 AM   #13
azguy
Banned

Quote:
thank you both, and thank you brian for the blue snowflake, it is another new arrival!
Is that BaltimoreBrians snowflake........... I heard it may have been available, it's killer, congratulations....
Old 7 July 2012, 12:21 AM   #14
vintagewaferthin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air-King 5500
Quote:
It came today, but with mixed emotions. I love the watch and it fits right in with my others as shown in the pic. And I did get this cool Rolex Green Tiffany Sharkskin strap and buckle for it, but then again when I opened the box it wasn't running The good news is the seller said that he will give me a partial refund so I can keep the watch and get it serviced, in the pics he sent me prior to shipping it was clearly running. What a bummer it got bashed in shipping. Thank you fedex Anyways I love it on the strap and love it with the fam, so hopefully he does give me the partial refund as opposed to a full return. Sorry for the bad pic, was too lazy to setup all the appropriate lighting and it was dark and stormy outside so not enough light, but there is the little guy in the center with the blue flake in the foreground with his lollipop brother...

Very cool snowflake sub.
vintagewaferthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2012, 12:45 AM   #15
ncstate1201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
Is that BaltimoreBrians snowflake........... I heard it may have been available, it's killer, congratulations....
Yessir it is rather was Baltimore Brian's. He was nice enough to reach out to me after I posted I was looking for one, and now here it is!