The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 1 December 2012, 12:04 PM   #1
ncrad08
"TRF" Member

Authentic Watches.com purchase

Ok, pulled the trigger and got the XL 8500 with the orange stitching for 4595 plus $75 for silver warranty for total of 7 years on the watch. Everything was packaged professionally and arrived as promised. I have no complaints for anyone who is worried. The sales lady from the mall offered it to me for $5K but she had to ship it out of state and expressed that I MUST PURCHASE IT FROM AN AUTHORIZED DEALER and I'd be crazy not to. But, another member who I met prior to purchasing gave me some good advice and said with such high quality watches and an online business thats been so established the risk should be small. If I ever have to send it in, I'll be happy to provide follow-up feedback. My only complaint is I couldn't get the merchant to budge on the price.
ncrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2012, 10:24 PM   #2
jmsrolls
Banned

For less money, you could have purchased the same watch factory fresh (no display or return item) with full Omega international warranty had you bought from my dealer.

I pray you do not ever have to rely on the "silver warranty" as from the posts, Authentic's warranty service is even worse than Omega's.

The important thing is that you are satisfied so enjoy your new "precious" but as we say here, "Without photos, it didn't happen."
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2012, 06:16 AM   #3
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

I'll echo Father John and say you could have bought from my omega authorized dealer for pretty much the same thing, maybe a bit more or maybe less.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2012, 01:52 PM   #4
ncrad08
"TRF" Member

Well thanks guys! I wished I could have read that post in the last few weeks since visiting this forum for the first time! I did buy the silver warranty too. In my defense, I have been postponing this purchase for almost 6 months looking for better deals.

I do like the watch very much - I've been trying to see how well it keeps time relative to my iPhone. I'll update in a week or so.
ncrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2012, 07:00 AM   #5
SLRdude
"TRF" Member

I too must agree you could have gotten that watch with full factory warranty for the same money or even less if you bought from the right dealer, like the one Jr. John (and others) is using.

With that said, I made the same mistake when I bought my first nice watch and purchased from worldofwatches.com. I received no papers or factory cards with it and the serial number was filed off. I got murdered on resale. Never again.

Assuming your watch won't have any problems and the serial numbers are intact, you should be fine. At least until you decide to sell it, at which point you will give up some resale value due to the "no papers" status.

Congratulations on your new watch, it really is a good one!
Member # 87
SLRdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2012, 08:44 AM   #6
briansshin
"TRF" Member

lol.. tough crowd...
briansshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2012, 11:18 PM   #7
JB7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansshin View Post
lol.. tough crowd...
Hah! I bet he's pleased he mentioned it now!
Enjoy your watch, 'wherever' it came from!
JB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2012, 09:56 AM   #8
wgs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 000
Congratulations. I purchased a Seamaster Quartz watch from Authentic Watches.com years ago, which I later sold. It worked perfectly for me during my time with it. I hope you have the same experience. Congrats again
wgs is offline   Reply With Quote