The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 9 January 2015, 06:17 AM   #1
Burrost1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex red 1680
Rolex bracelet and spring bars for 1680

Guys, this continues from my last thread, Ive just bought a 2005 93150 bracelet for my 1974 rolex red 1680, the bracelet comes from a non-date sub so I presume it wont have the polished sides?? Is this right ? Will this affect the look of the vintage Red or will the unpolished sides look more vintage and in keeping with the watch? The original folded one is obviously unpolished!!
Thoughts gentleman!!!
I've sourced some 580 end links but will the spring bars that I have on the watch from the original bracelt be ok for the new bracelet? Are they thick enough or do i need to get some new thicker bars (the 2005 93150 doesnt dome with the bars)

Thanks!!!!!
Burrost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2015, 08:57 AM   #2
Storky
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrost1 View Post
Guys, this continues from my last thread, Ive just bought a 2005 93150 bracelet for my 1974 rolex red 1680, the bracelet comes from a non-date sub so I presume it wont have the polished sides?? Is this right ? Will this affect the look of the vintage Red or will the unpolished sides look more vintage and in keeping with the watch? The original folded one is obviously unpolished!!
Thoughts gentleman!!!
I've sourced some 580 end links but will the spring bars that I have on the watch from the original bracelt be ok for the new bracelet? Are they thick enough or do i need to get some new thicker bars (the 2005 93150 doesnt dome with the bars)

Thanks!!!!!
IMO the 95130 should have a satin (brushed) finish on the edges of the links. I did see a 95130 bracelet with polished edges but I believe this bracelet had been refinished wrongly.
The 580's should fit perfectly and your spring bars should be fine as long as they are not badly worn. But I don't understand when you say 'doesn't dome with the bars'. If the ends aren't tight against the watch head and they flop about... Just change the spring bars, it should be a simple and inexpensive thing to get sorted.

Edit: think I must be tired.... When you said 'dome' I thought you meant the ends bending with the bars! Sorry, time to sleep now! Zzzzzz
Storky is offline   Reply With Quote