The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 8 September 2015, 09:05 PM   #31
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
You don' t need to send me pm's regarding this thread.

Just post them up.

My tidy whites and my sapphire sandwich are just fine - more so than your misinformation.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2015, 11:57 AM   #32
ck1109
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
the second hand of the chronograph is not synched w/the hour/minute hands...again, most that own and wear this watch, don't have the aversion that I do with these two separate functions (chronograph hand running continuously), and you're right, I misspoke when I called the Speedmaster a chronometer once in my original reply in this thread, it's not a chronometer it's a chronograph! Good point
If you start the chronograph right when the second hand (from the 9 o'clock sub-dial) hits the 0/60 mark, the chronograph second will be in sync with the minute and hour hand.
ck1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2015, 07:36 PM   #33
shakin_jake
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega SpeedMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
You don' t need to send me pm's regarding this thread.

Just post them up.

~~~Me sending you a PM was a litmus test, to see if you really were a stick in the mud, or not. For the record, I'm happy to receive PM's. I have developed many friendships over the years, cultivated through forum PM's. Your avatar has a Bimota on it...do you actually ride that bike or just pose with it and your Rolex's? I've met other riders through the years, via PM's, a few stick out in my mind met back around 2002. We exchanged emails then in 2009?, Jeff and Tim rode down from PA and I met up with them at George Barber's Motorsports Museum in B'ham. 5 floors nothing but restored two wheelers, some cars (George raced Lotus) then the boys rode onto the blue ridge and I returned to Fla. This past Spring, Tim rode down to Daytona for part of bike week then onto Key West (my old stomping grounds) and I hosted him for a night on his return trip back north. Tim was kind enough to leave a few bottles for me (La Fin Du Monde, Theobroma). Sorry, but I digress. I've criss crossed the states numerous times on two wheels, out west, up north, on and on, and wouldn't have had the experiences I did w/o friendships cultivated through forum PM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
My tidy whites and my sapphire sandwich are just fine - more so than your misinformation.

~~~yes, my misinformation...if you bothered to read the header on one of my last emails you quoted, I said I was sorry, indicating incorrect information I posted about the Omega Speedmaster, yet here you are like some guttersnipe mentioning it again. To paraphrase you, why not (you) 'post up' some correct information, about the speedie, since you were so observant to see my information was wrong, like Abhi has...that would be far more constructive for anyone reading this thread then pointing out that someone made a mistake
shakin_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2015, 07:38 PM   #34
shakin_jake
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega SpeedMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
If you start the chronograph right when the second hand (from the 9 o'clock sub-dial) hits the 0/60 mark, the chronograph second will be in sync with the minute and hour hand.

~~~Thank you Abhi! Excellent information. I was able to sync the chronograph second hand to the minute/hour hand with the instructions you provided
shakin_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2015, 09:02 PM   #35
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
~~~Me sending you a PM was a litmus test, to see if you really were a stick in the mud, or not. For the record, I'm happy to receive PM's. I have developed many friendships over the years, cultivated through forum PM's. Your avatar has a Bimota on it...do you actually ride that bike or just pose with it and your Rolex's? I've met other riders through the years, via PM's, a few stick out in my mind met back around 2002. We exchanged emails then in 2009?, Jeff and Tim rode down from PA and I met up with them at George Barber's Motorsports Museum in B'ham. 5 floors nothing but restored two wheelers, some cars (George raced Lotus) then the boys rode onto the blue ridge and I returned to Fla. This past Spring, Tim rode down to Daytona for part of bike week then onto Key West (my old stomping grounds) and I hosted him for a night on his return trip back north. Tim was kind enough to leave a few bottles for me (La Fin Du Monde, Theobroma). Sorry, but I digress. I've criss crossed the states numerous times on two wheels, out west, up north, on and on, and wouldn't have had the experiences I did w/o friendships cultivated through forum PM's

~~~yes, my misinformation...if you bothered to read the header on one of my last emails you quoted, I said I was sorry, indicating incorrect information I posted about the Omega Speedmaster, yet here you are like some guttersnipe mentioning it again. To paraphrase you, why not (you) 'post up' some correct information, about the speedie, since you were so observant to see my information was wrong, like Abhi has...that would be far more constructive for anyone reading this thread then pointing out that someone made a mistake
guttersnipe??

Sound like an insult to me...that's just.....mean.....Jake.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote