The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Old 30 May 2008, 02:23 PM   #1
ken72

hello from Tennessee

Hey Guys..... and Gals

I just thought I would introduce myself. I have been trolling this website for several years now. I am a watch collector for over 10 years now and love both Rolex and Omega. I currently own an Omega SMP but have also owned a few Rolex watches including a 6694 and a vintage explorer. I flipped both just because the 34mm watch was just too small. I received my SMP several years ago an a gift from my wife and still love wearing it. I am really considering the purchase of a Broad Arrow Speedy. As much as I love Rolex the one thing I love about my SMP is... everyone knows a Rolex when they see one, but only real watch lovers know an SMP when they see one.
ken72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 01:09 AM   #2
Lol-x
Facilitator

Welcome, both Rolex and Omega have fabulous watches.
I'm surprised that you have been observing the forum for years. It is about time you made yourself known
Anyway, I hope you will participate more actively as that tends to add to your personal enjoyment of the forum.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 01:32 AM   #3
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
This must be a first - someone who's belonged for over 2 years, posting for the first time! I can't welcome you, as you've been here a lot longer than me, but glad you came out of hiding. As you likely know, most of us appreciate Omega, and many of us own an example of one of their fine timepieces.

DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 02:39 AM   #4
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Welcome to TRF, Ken!

I have to agree with you. The Omega SMP is a great watch. Superb lume, very accurate ETA movt., classic design! Pretty much the BEST bang for the money if you want a high quality watch.

I especially love the SMP ref. 22.54.50 (black dial, "swords" hands). It's a beauty. I don't like the design of the "skeleton" hands of the "Bond" version of the SMP, though.

Anyway, enjoy your stay here and have fun!

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 03:47 AM   #5
ken72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Welcome, both Rolex and Omega have fabulous watches.
I'm surprised that you have been observing the forum for years. It is about time you made yourself known
Anyway, I hope you will participate more actively as that tends to add to your personal enjoyment of the forum.

HaHa.. I know, it seem odd. I am a member of several other forums but always keep this one in my favs and visit almost everyday. I am always amazed by the member who says "I was just looking at the AD today and look what I came home with!!" and then it follows a picture of Daytona and a SD. I need to find out how thats done. I always look in the AD with my wife and walk away kicking my can
Oh well, right now i have a watch case full of Invicta(rolex homages) that will have to serve as my support group for now. And I am very thankful for my Omega also.
ken72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2008, 07:29 AM   #6
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Welcome to the TRF team

GMT - Master II C - 116710 LN
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2008, 07:40 AM   #7
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Ken:

Welcome to TRF and I hope you pull the plug on the watch soon. Reminds me of me where I would not get the watch for years. I got one at Christmas Time and have bought another Rolex since. You only live once . BUY IT NOW!

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2008, 01:59 AM   #8
och77
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Welcome Ken to TRF! Enjoy!
och77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2008, 06:03 AM   #9
GMTII Owner
"TRF" Member

Watch: S/S GMT Master IIc
Ken,

Welcome to TRF. Glad to see others from the state of Tennessee on the site. I live in the Middle Tennessee area and almost moved to your part of town.

I would say you'll learn a lot from this site, but I bet you already have considering how long you have been visiting.

John
Old 2 June 2008, 06:05 AM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Welcome to TRF, Ken. Some pics would be welcome!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2008, 09:36 PM   #11
MikGA
"TRF" Member

MikGA

Hello from London everybody--

I'm new, I've been hanging around for a few days and thought I'd make myself known. It seems like a great forum and REALLY makes me appreciate the usefulness and fun of this kind of information exchange. I don't consider myself a collector, more of a seeker--my ideal is two watches: a sport and a dress, both which I hope to keep for a very long time. Currently I have a Stowa Antea Creme and a Marathon SAR. The SAR is perfect for me as a sport piece/beater, I love it. But this forum has clinched it for me: Although I love the simplicity of the Stowa, my dress watch will have to be a Rolex, and I'm giving myself a good long time to hunt down The One ;-)
At this point the models I can't stop looking at are the SS Datejusts. I'm really drawn to the older ones from the 60s through 80s...wow. Simple and elegant, and the case size is right--for a dress watch I want something on the small side (34-36mm) Also (might be heresy to some?) I love the look of a steel DJ with a leather strap. Anyhow all the best, and have a great week--
MikGA is offline   Reply With Quote