The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 May 2006, 09:53 AM   #1
Hellcat65

Icon6 Check it out!

Some of you may or may not know about this site. It is the General Service Administration site for the US Governemt. Since I actually work for the government I can tell you this site is for real ( I work for the Park Service). I was just browsing tonight in the jewelery section and happend to stumble upon this and I thought maybe some of you might be interested in looking at what they are auctioning currently. Check it out and let me know if you found it interesting..........
http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucstsrh/ At the home page click on Jewelery and Exotic Collectables, Click on Texas, ENJOY.

I am putting this up because I believe you could more than likely pick up a very sweet deal if you know what your doing.........If you have some time poke around the site a bit and check out the other great stuff they sell, youll be surprised at what you can find. I was actually looking at the Gold coins they have as I buy and sell coins as well. Word of caution, you have to go and actually pick this stuff up, they will NOT send anything to you.
Hope you all enjoy.
HEllcaT
Hellcat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 10:58 AM   #2
Manatee
Banned

I have a friend who buys cars there. Usually cars that were seized from drug dealers. He got one where the whole interior had been torn up by the feds. Still, his cost after having it repaired was very low. You really have to know what you're buying.
Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 11:14 AM   #3
G Shearing

Interesting Hellcat...

Is this a private company acting for the Government or the Government itself? We have agencies up here in Canada that like to make it look like a Federal Official Auction, when in fact they are a private outfit.
From what I can gather they seem to be really connected to the Government.
There's a solid gold Daytona in there... that sits at $3000 odd. See what it goes for.
I have an ex RCMP Police Interceptor, Crown Vic, 440 engine,SS exhaust. It moves. Bought at an auction at a great price.
G Shearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 11:38 AM   #4
Hellcat65

The General Services Administration or GSA Auction is most definately a US Government run Auction site. Working for the Government myself I can verify that this is a very legit auction. If you look around there are various government agencies selling off surplus, seized, and used equipment that the government can no longer utilize for their benefit. As far as the Rolex's I dont know where they came from or the agency selling them, as far as I know they very well may have been drug seized, non the less there are some very nice watches offered. Definately worth a look......
Old 3 May 2006, 11:53 AM   #5
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?

I checked out Rolex, here is the narration

MAN'S WATCH, ROLEX, 18K GOLD, GENEVA, OYSTER PERPETUAL, SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER, OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED COSMOGRAPH, DAYTONA DIALS, SWISS MADE, MDL: 16528, SN: X506434, STYLE #: R16528820B7866; BAND 18K GOLD, REGISTERED SWISS MADE, 78668, ROLEXSA, 750, IN ORIGINAL BOX. (207MF260820003A) USED/MAY NEED CLEANING, MAY NEED A BATTERY/ ADDITIONAL DEFICIENCIES ARE UNKNOWN

THE CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY IS NOT WARRANTED.
I think this might be one JJ lost.
I did not edit that listing. WTF, "may need a battery"
This was the Gold Daytona.. up to just over $3,000

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Hellcat65

Prior to making fun of it, (the watch in question) understand this, the person that posted that watch was probably a secratary in some government office whom knows absolutely nothing about any type of watch what so ever. At least thats the person who posts for our office...
I understand that its a funny post saying it may need a battery, but when you look at whats offered and if you were to inspect it and found it to be genuine would it still be funny or would it be your best kept secret?????
Old 3 May 2006, 12:28 PM   #7
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
I noticed that phrase on all the other watches. I guess it is just a disclaimer the must put out there.
Where do these items come from?
Around here, we have an annual Police Auction. Before people found out about it, there was amazing deals. Now it is like a Christmas day sale.
Funny story about this. I was an avid mountain biker. So a friend takes me down to the viewing to pick out a few bikes that might be a good deal. I show him about 6 with some price ranges that would be in his budget. Well he goes down. ( One of the bikes I told him about was about an $850 bike, went for $100) BUT, this fellow buys a $30 POS bike ( new it mighta been $100). He takes it to the local bike shop. new tires, new chain, tune up for $80. So now he's into this POS for $110
I was ticked, cuz I wasted two hours for NADA.

Anyway, back to the thread. Thanks for the link.

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 08:49 PM   #8
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Shearing
Is this a private company acting for the Government or the Government itself? We have agencies up here in Canada that like to make it look like a Federal Official Auction, when in fact they are a private outfit.
From what I can gather they seem to be really connected to the Government.
There's a solid gold Daytona in there... that sits at $3000 odd. See what it goes for.
I have an ex RCMP Police Interceptor, Crown Vic, 440 engine,SS exhaust. It moves. Bought at an auction at a great price.
That car was made minutes from my house.......
Old 3 May 2006, 10:52 PM   #9
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Mini

I checked out Rolex, here is the narration

MAN'S WATCH, ROLEX, 18K GOLD, GENEVA, OYSTER PERPETUAL, SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER, OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED COSMOGRAPH, DAYTONA DIALS, SWISS MADE, MDL: 16528, SN: X506434, STYLE #: R16528820B7866; BAND 18K GOLD, REGISTERED SWISS MADE, 78668, ROLEXSA, 750, IN ORIGINAL BOX. (207MF260820003A) USED/MAY NEED CLEANING, MAY NEED A BATTERY/ ADDITIONAL DEFICIENCIES ARE UNKNOWN

THE CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY IS NOT WARRANTED.
I think this might be one JJ lost.
I did not edit that listing. WTF, "may need a battery"
This was the Gold Daytona.. up to just over $3,000
Someone spotted a good deal. The bidding is up to $7900, but interestingly the reserve has not been met yet. Obviously the appraisers know what they're doing.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2006, 02:22 AM   #10
mamas
"TRF" Member

but when you send it for service, could the drug dealers or whoever had it conficatsed report it as stolen to rolex so you lose the watch??
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote