The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 4 August 2017, 03:02 AM   #1
Richardreyan
"TRF" Member

Is this a genuine pepsi insert?

Hi guys! I need your opinion regarding this bezel that I just bought. What concerns me is that the base of the number 22 does not curve with the bezel. Also, the red and blue line is in between the no. 8 of 18 instead of being between 1 and 8. TIA for the inputs!

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk
Richardreyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2017, 07:15 AM   #2
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
I think not
Old 4 August 2017, 07:30 AM   #3
tiberiustime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange 1 Platinum
looks fake i'm afraid
tiberiustime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2017, 12:43 PM   #4
Richardreyan
"TRF" Member

I bought this for my 16710. Been searching online for other genuine inserts that might match it but haven't seen one. The bezel itself is sturdy just like the genuine coke and black inserts that I have. The back part also looks genuine. What worries me are just the number alignment and the red/blue line on number 18. Hope to see genuine bezel insert photos which have similar line location such as this.

Old 4 August 2017, 12:45 PM   #5
Richardreyan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
I think not
Hi Gladiator, was wondering if you've seen a similar genuine insert with the redblue line in the middle of the 8 of the number 18?

Old 4 August 2017, 09:07 PM   #6
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardreyan View Post
Hi Gladiator, was wondering if you've seen a similar genuine insert with the redblue line in the middle of the 8 of the number 18?

Yes, I have, and I understood that was genuine too.

I really find it amazingly difficult to learn all the bezel anomolies

Sorry
adam
Old 4 August 2017, 11:33 PM   #7
brandonwahl
"TRF" Member

I would be concerned about the "hooked 2's" where the top part of each 2 hangs over the bottom part. For me it appears the 2's are not as flush as they should be. On authentic inserts the left side of any 2 is flush. Here is a great post by resident GMT expert, Springer.

https://rolexvintageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=126

I think you will also notice the same 22 curvature concerns on the aftermarket ones on this linked page as well.

In regards to sourcing a genuine one, there are several trusted sellers on this forum that can obtain one for you very easily.
brandonwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 12:29 AM   #8
Richardreyan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwahl View Post
I would be concerned about the "hooked 2's" where the top part of each 2 hangs over the bottom part. For me it appears the 2's are not as flush as they should be. On authentic inserts the left side of any 2 is flush. Here is a great post by resident GMT expert, Springer.

https://rolexvintageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=126

I think you will also notice the same 22 curvature concerns on the aftermarket ones on this linked page as well.

In regards to sourcing a genuine one, there are several trusted sellers on this forum that can obtain one for you very easily.
Thanks for this informative thread. The insert I have is not a hooked 2. It's more of a fat font serif for models 16700/16710/16760... I suppose this is another kind of an aftermarket insert. I hope i can get Mr. Springer's take on this.

Old 5 August 2017, 11:42 AM   #9
hnn17
"TRF" Member

Saw this on wristtimes via google, the top row left and middle, bottom row the middle insert are all where the line bisect the 8 in 18.
Can you post the back of your insert, it may not be for a 16710 where there is a step but rather it's flat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpaKbA7wPM.jpg (96.3 KB, 165 views)
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 02:40 PM   #10
Richardreyan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnn17 View Post
Saw this on wristtimes via google, the top row left and middle, bottom row the middle insert are all where the line bisect the 8 in 18.
Can you post the back of your insert, it may not be for a 16710 where there is a step but rather it's flat.
Here's the back of the insert. It isn't flat. The previous owner had it installed in his 16710 and it was a perfect fit. I compared this insert to that of the 1675 and 16750 and I guess they have similarities except that this one fits a 16710.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
Old 5 August 2017, 05:14 PM   #11
hnn17
"TRF" Member

The back is exactly like mine for a 16710, you could either install it and forget or return to the seller if you can and buy a new one still inside the blister pack to be 100% sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpi1Gzb9PM.jpg (76.3 KB, 144 views)
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 05:22 PM   #12
Richardreyan
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info! I already bought another pepsi insert from TRF. Would u know how much I can sell this insert as it is?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk