The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 14 September 2017, 02:46 AM   #1
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

How to sell

I'm very new to this forum...how does one earn TRF "credibility" to post a sale or trade? I've tried it but can't get access.
Old 14 September 2017, 02:50 AM   #2
Hands90
"TRF" Member

Go to Watchuseek. It's much easier to sell and no restrictions.
Old 14 September 2017, 02:51 AM   #3
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Hi welcome to TRF

Go here https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=513396

Read and follow directions

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
Old 14 September 2017, 02:51 AM   #4
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post
Lol

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
Old 14 September 2017, 02:53 AM   #5
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Become a pledge member, then complete hundreds of smooth transactions...
Old 14 September 2017, 02:58 AM   #6
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAY View Post
I'm very new to this forum...how does one earn TRF "credibility" to post a sale or trade? I've tried it but can't get access.
Hang in there Buddy, it took me 1000 solid credible posts before I could buy my 1st Speedy on the Omega forum True Story!
Old 14 September 2017, 02:59 AM   #7
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAY View Post
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=277984

Credibility like anything else in life is earned and takes time.
Omega Seamaster SMP300m, Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent Clock
Old 14 September 2017, 05:19 AM   #8
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
Hang in there Buddy, it took me 1000 solid credible posts before I could buy my 1st Speedy on the Omega forum True Story!
Even buying?! how do sellers sell their watches if only limited people can buy?
Old 14 September 2017, 09:58 AM   #9
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
Even buying?! how do sellers sell their watches if only limited people can buy?
Actually all you need is 200 on the OF ( not 1000 ) acceptable credible posts that don't include words like congrats, awesome , hand symbols ,LOL, +1 , etc , etc
In my case I had many of my controversial posts deleted ( about 800+ I'm serious). If the OP was just trolling or if some0ne pisses off the mods in any way (Well ,when my favourite ex Mod was in charge anyway ), don't be surprised when your posts count don't increase as they should. Each time when you felt you had reached the 200th mark, all of a sudden you are 10 or 20 short ! The truth of the matter is that you actually had 10-20 posts deliberately deducted by a Mod with a strange sense of humour.

Seriously, I became a much better OF contributor , learnt so much and respected when I reached my 200 posts. When people know you well, it's really easy to buy watches at great prices. In my case I desperately wanted the rare LE Speedy Ti Apollo 11 45th Ann, my Seller in NYC couldn't find one on the market ( obviously ! ). He felt so sorry. What did he do? He sold me his 45 , a BNIB ( kept in a vault) at retail price ! Of course I already had 1000 posts by then !
Old 14 September 2017, 11:23 AM   #10
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
Actually all you need is 200 on the OF ( not 1000 ) acceptable credible posts that don't include words like congrats, awesome , hand symbols ,LOL, +1 , etc , etc
In my case I had many of my controversial posts deleted ( about 800+ I'm serious). If the OP was just trolling or if some0ne pisses off the mods in any way (Well ,when my favourite ex Mod was in charge anyway ), don't be surprised when your posts count don't increase as they should. Each time when you felt you had reached the 200th mark, all of a sudden you are 10 or 20 short ! The truth of the matter is that you actually had 10-20 posts deliberately deducted by a Mod with a strange sense of humour.

Seriously, I became a much better OF contributor , learnt so much and respected when I reached my 200 posts. When people know you well, it's really easy to buy watches at great prices. In my case I desperately wanted the rare LE Speedy Ti Apollo 11 45th Ann, my Seller in NYC couldn't find one on the market ( obviously ! ). He felt so sorry. What did he do? He sold me his 45 , a BNIB ( kept in a vault) at retail price ! Of course I already had 1000 posts by then !
wow, that's crazy. hope that's not the case on the Rolex forum. Some people just want to buy a watch and don't have much time to read or write posts, you know. I love it though. I am the same way with the car forums, too.
Old 14 September 2017, 11:32 AM   #11
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post
Even there you need to have over a certain amount of posts (think is 100) in order to sell
Zenith 02.480.405

2FA security enabled
Old 15 September 2017, 12:53 AM   #12
Hands90
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Even there you need to have over a certain amount of posts (think is 100) in order to sell
Seriously it's so so much easier there.
Old 15 September 2017, 12:57 AM   #13
Yurigs
"TRF" Member

I'd suggest buying first to get some rep going but honestly it all just takes time to establish reputation. +1 for easier to sell on watchuseek
Old 15 September 2017, 01:49 AM   #14
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:

Alright, I'm intrigued. What counts as a "controversial" post on OF?
Old 15 September 2017, 02:05 AM   #15
mtgjr
Banned

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
Alright, I'm intrigued. What counts as a "controversial" post on OF?
I'm interested, as well. Why did you get banned there?
Old 15 September 2017, 02:27 AM   #16
HogwldFLTR
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Too many to list!
Quote:

Megan, Mam, I've been posting on OF since 2012 and never ever had an issue, fwiw, although I rarely post there, Omega was my first Swiss watch and first love. I guess I haven't seen the issue you've had. My post count there is relatively low, just above 300. I ended up in TRF shortly after starting there and found it far more engaging. BTW, let go of the past at the OF; it doesn't suit you.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
Old 15 September 2017, 02:44 AM   #17
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
If post counts are so important maybe TS should give discounts for every 5K of posts members here have...
Old 15 September 2017, 03:46 AM   #18
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
In my case I had many of my controversial posts deleted
Why am I not surprised?

OP, it's always tough to get those first few sales and develop a reputation. But everyone is a virgin once.

My advice: Describe the watch honestly, take excellent pictures, price it competitively and you'll get it sold.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
Closed Thread