The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 December 2018, 07:42 AM   #271
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
Cool that you were able to pick up one of the half-dozen or so SS sport watches they had available, and great that the "demand" caused a line of devoted customers... But does this really translate into sales of precious metal watches for customers who can't get what they want?

How the hell will they generate the revenue to support a brand new, high rent, expensive build-out Rolex only boutique when you can't get the product your customers actually want? Did a single person there on opening day say "Hey, can't get the Rolex I really want, but sure, ring up one of those expensive gold datejusts filling your display cases for me..."

You might be surprised at the guys there looking for SS sports but their wives were with them looking for 34, 36, 40mm TT DJs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 11:48 AM   #272
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Fourteen AD about to open ... 10am today!

Just stopped back in to exchange boxes (to get correct “L Oyster” size box for my DSSD D-Blue. Marc (Boutique Manager) was delightful as always and provided me with the box, a Rolex bag and a nice green Rolex ball cap.

They just got some new watches in today, including two Explorer 39mm, which are still in the back, so I assume still available.

My wife was with me, so she got to see the boutique for the first time. She thought it was total class. She was looking around at some of the bling...

Old 15 December 2018, 11:59 AM   #273
AK DeepSea
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
Just stopped back in to exchange boxes (to get correct “L Oyster” size box for my DSSD D-Blue. Marc (Boutique Manager) was delightful as always and provided me with the box, a Rolex bag and a nice green Rolex ball cap.

They just got some new watches in today, including two Explorer 39mm, which are still in the back, so I assume still available.

My wife was with me, so she got to see the boutique for the first time. She thought it was total class. She was looking around at some of the bling...

I was wondering why my DSSD didn’t fit in the box my AD gave me. Are there two sizes?? It barely closes.....
AK DeepSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 02:33 PM   #274
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackLVG View Post
the aria shops before thanksgiving i believe
Just getting around to this thread.

I was actually at the Grand Opening party last Saturday for the new Rolex and Patek Philippe boutiques in Las Vegas, they are both owned by a good friend.

Stewart Wicht of Rolex and Thierry Stern of Patek were both on hand for the grand opening. I had the pleasure of speaking with Larry Pettinelli (USA President of Patek) for quite some time, very nice guy.

Anywho, they had all the big watches on display (Full line of Nautilus, Aquatimer, many Perpetual Calendars, etc) and all the big Rolexes from Ceramic Daytonas, Rainbow Daytonas, Pepsi, etc). Most of the desirable watches were not for sale since they A) were already spoken for or B) would go to the stores top clients. That being said, I can all but guarantee the new SD store you went to had many of the same watches (Ceramic Daytonas, etc) they just don't take them out or make them available to most people. My friend who owns the LV stores said they are asked about Daytonas, GMT's, etc upwards of 500-1000x a day.

I'm hoping he has a 5711 for my 40th next year, if not I'll take a Pepsi

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 03:48 PM   #275
reddog4063
"TRF" Member

This was a really exciting thread to follow....thank you for sharing your experience. I was right there with you when you got in and were getting the watch you wanted!

**Please note, all of my posts are meant to spark discussion to make the board fun. I do not need advice and consent, I am having fun here**
reddog4063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 03:54 PM   #276
i-spy
"TRF" Member

Icon14 Another Happy Customer from Fourtane

I was there on last Sat (the grand opening day), saw a SD43 but it was already reserved for another customer. I was a little bit down to leave the store with empty hands but Marc was very helpful and told me he will get me another one. Today, I am going home with this beauty on my wrist! Cannot be happier!!

It was really a great buying experience from Fourtane and Marc was extremely friendly and helpful. I am glad SD has a Rolex store like Fourtane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8548.jpg (76.9 KB, 384 views)
i-spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 03:58 PM   #277
tajsport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Great post, thanks for sharing the experience! Love the JC Deep Sea, gorgeous dial!
tajsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 06:06 PM   #278
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK DeepSea View Post
I was wondering why my DSSD didn’t fit in the box my AD gave me. Are there two sizes?? It barely closes.....

Hello - I learned from someone on TRF that the appropriate box size is indicated on your white tag that came attached to your watch by green thread.

For the SDDS, that white tag says “Oyster L”, which means the large box. Rolex has three Oyster boxes: S, M and L

They originally put mine in a S (small) box and my SDDS didn’t quite fit.

Old 15 December 2018, 06:11 PM   #279
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Just getting around to this thread.

I was actually at the Grand Opening party last Saturday for the new Rolex and Patek Philippe boutiques in Las Vegas, they are both owned by a good friend.

Stewart Wicht of Rolex and Thierry Stern of Patek were both on hand for the grand opening. I had the pleasure of speaking with Larry Pettinelli (USA President of Patek) for quite some time, very nice guy.

Anywho, they had all the big watches on display (Full line of Nautilus, Aquatimer, many Perpetual Calendars, etc) and all the big Rolexes ...

Think you mean “Aquanaut”, not “Aquatimer”

Old 16 December 2018, 01:43 AM   #280
AK DeepSea
Banned

Quote:
Hello - I learned from someone on TRF that the appropriate box size is indicated on your white tag that came attached to your watch by green thread.

For the SDDS, that white tag says “Oyster L”, which means the large box. Rolex has three Oyster boxes: S, M and L

Awesome!

Do you have a size comparison shot?
AK DeepSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 02:05 AM   #281
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:

Also XL for platinum models.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 02:24 AM   #282
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK DeepSea View Post
Awesome!

Do you have a size comparison shot?

Of watches yes

Of boxes, no but I could take one later

Old 16 December 2018, 12:11 PM   #283
SJC
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD-Blue 126660
This was a great post. I actually now feel like I've personally experienced an AD opening.
Thanks for the lifelike experience!
SJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 02:28 PM   #284
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Think you mean “Aquanaut”, not “Aquatimer”

HA! Yup, stupid autocorrect!

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote