The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 July 2006, 01:28 PM   #1
RolexWntr
"TRF" Member

About to purchase a Rolex

Hey All,
I'm new to this Forum and had a few general questions about purchasing a Rolex Submariner.

1. Is there a list of Authorized Rolex dealers, perticularly in NJ?
I checked the Rolex site and didn't see it.

2. Also, everyone seems to have the submariner without the date, but not the one with the magnified date, are they that much harder to come by?

3. I found a place that had the Submariner with date and the one without...
on the one without, the list price was $3,800 and they said they'd let it go for $3400, on the date submariner they said $4525 with absolutely no discount. Anyone know if they tend to give discounts on them?

Any other advise?

Many thanks
RolexWntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2006, 01:38 PM   #2
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Welcome to TRF I'm in NJ too. In the South Jersey area there are four AD's Three in Atlantic City and one in Somers Point. there is a Bernie Robbins in the Trump Marina and Taj Mahal and another AD in the Borgata, although I forget it's name. There is also a Bernie Robbins in Somers Point, which is the one I use.

If it's your first purchase with any Ad I'd be surprised to see you get a discount on a 16610, in this area, there is usually a short wait just to get one. But, believe me, the wait is worth it. I just got my first 16610 about a week ago and am loving it
Old 21 July 2006, 03:52 PM   #3
Atl

Watch: GMT II, new Subbie
We seem to have plenty of the Sub Dates here in Atlanta, no wait, but NO discounts for that one.
Atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2006, 04:22 PM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hi RW,

A big welcome to TRF. Discounts on the 16610 (Sub-date) seem very hard to get. The no date Sub is easier. Both are excellent watches, but if you must have a date, then you can NEVER go wrong with the Sub-date, the ULTIMATE and Quintessential Rolex in their sports line-up!!

Here's mine...

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2006, 08:29 PM   #5
RolexWntr
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

How about that list of certified dealers, any idea where I can find one?
Also, should all Rolex's have the green sticker on the back?
Old 21 July 2006, 09:29 PM   #6
indra
"TRF" Member

Yes they all should have sticker on the back, also proctective ones on the sides as well.

That's nice to hear to get discount for the No Date, I thought no AD gives discount for all SS sportmodels...

Old 21 July 2006, 09:34 PM   #7
s7horton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB, 126610…..
"That's nice to hear to get discount for the No Date, I thought no AD gives discount for all SS sportmodels..."

Depends on where you go. If I would have traveled an hour to pick up my newly acquired 16610, two dealers would have paid the sales tax for me. I chose to keep it local though, in case of any issues. You should be able to get discounts on most all stainless models with the exception of the daytona. Just have to push them hard enough.
s7horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2006, 09:47 PM   #8
mike
"TRF" Member

To be honest, I'm not aware of a "list" of ADs. Give Rolex a call they should provide those in your area.
For your first piece I like the idea of keeping it close to home.

New watches will have a hologram on the back. Depending on the model the reference number will be there also.

If youget one right out of the "womb" it will be covered in protective plastic.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2006, 11:16 PM   #9
DocD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner date
I purchased my SS Sub Date from Jack Kellmer Jewelers in Cherry Hill, NJ. They are an AD with 3 stores. They were very easy to deal with and very accommodating, though I'm pretty sure you won't get a discount on the watch. Jack Kellmer has 3 stores, one in Cherry Hill, NJ, one in Philadelphia and another in a suburb of Philly. I have a patient that works in the watch dept. of one of the stores and he said that SS subdates have been "rare" although Jack Kellmer usually has about 100 Rolex in each store.

If you are really interested and can't find one, send me a private message and I'll contact my patient and I'll see if I can pull a few strings. He's a great guy and will do whatever he can for me.

There is another AD in Haddonfield,NJ named Sam Yampell Jewelers, which is a very small local shop that you may want to try. The store C.J. mentioned, Bernie Robbins also has a store in Marlton, NJ but I've found them to be snobs that wouldn't give me the time of day, so I personally wouldn't recommend the one in Marlton.

Once again, I may be able to get some "inside" help at Jack Kellmer if you can't locate a ss subdate. They are an AD and are great to deal with. Feel free to send me a private message and good luck with your search.
DocD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2006, 11:48 PM   #10
C.J.
"TRF" Member

You can always try 1-212-758-7700. That's the number to Rolex HQ in NY, I'm sure they can provide you with a complete list. Like Dave (Doc D) said, Bernie's can be a little snobby, but I've come to know Lauren, my salesperson, very well. If you're in the South Jersey area, I'd be happy to call her and see what she can do. If you would like me to, just send me a PM
Old 22 July 2006, 01:20 PM   #11
RolexWntr
"TRF" Member

Thanks very much for the info, it's greatly appreciated.

I picked it up this afternoon
Old 22 July 2006, 01:54 PM   #12
johnliley
2024 Pledge Member

Hmmmm...

I got a discount on my 18kt SS Sub and my 18kt SS Rootbeer........

JL
johnliley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2006, 03:38 PM   #13
Mr.RadioActive

I called Rolex and got a list of all ADs in my area. I picked the store in the nicest area in AZ, and got treated like a king........Paid full price both times but hey whatcha going to do! I'd call Rolex they were very helpful, but not as nice as I expect, but not bad.

What watch did you get? When I walked in for a serti dial sub, I walked out with my rose gold roman datejust.
Mr.RadioActive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2006, 05:43 PM   #14
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexWntr View Post
Thanks very much for the info, it's greatly appreciated.

I picked it up this afternoon
Congrats! Let's see some pics, pal!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote