The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 July 2006, 04:45 AM   #1
Rolex2000
"TRF" Member

Gold Bezel

I have a dj 16233 with the gold bezel. I have already hit it against something and I was wondering what it costs to put a new bezel on the watch. I dont like lookin at the scrathed one. Thanks For the replys
Rolex2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2006, 04:51 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex2000 View Post
I have a dj 16233 with the gold bezel. I have already hit it against something and I was wondering what it costs to put a new bezel on the watch. I dont like lookin at the scrathed one. Thanks For the replys
Hi Rolex,

A big welcome to TRF. You'd be looking around the $1,000+ range. Sorry this had to happen to your beautiful DJ.

A couple of pics should prove interesting if you could oblige.

Thanks - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2006, 07:56 AM   #3
dfn8tly

Watch: GMT-II
Where are you located in California? Depending on the depth of the scratch the RSC in Beverly Hills might be able to cosmetically repair without a complete replacement. Remember 18k gold is a fairly soft metal. Proper tools and talent can do wonders.
dfn8tly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2006, 06:39 PM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
Where are you located in California? Depending on the depth of the scratch the RSC in Beverly Hills might be able to cosmetically repair without a complete replacement. Remember 18k gold is a fairly soft metal. Proper tools and talent can do wonders.
If it's just superficial, then yes the gold can be buffed. If it's too deep, then we do have a problem.

That's why I requested some pics of the bezel for us to have some idea of the intensity of the damage.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote