The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 1 February 2020, 10:47 AM   #361
The_Walrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgook View Post
I've been fuming for over 3 months now. We've been formulating what was the best way to expose this fraud, and we are very happy that this is catching fire and the word is spreading. It's true that we have got our money back, but there's lots of other out there that have not.

We cannot allow someone like this to prey on the innocent. A slap on the wrist is just not enough. This criminal needs to be prosecuted properly. I really hope justice prevails in the end.

I'm happy it turn out for the better in the end, I personally wouldn't of had the patience.
Let's hope other buyers haven't been caught out. It would be a nervous wait for some I'd say
Old 1 February 2020, 10:48 AM   #362
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
I've seen similar situations before in other hobbies and often the scammer doesn't get outed until like 10+ victims have piled up similar to this situation. I think what happens is while they are being scammed they stay quiet because if they out him they'll never see a dime. Then if they're lucky enough get paid back the scammer pleads with them to keep quiet and they just feel lucky to have their money back and oblige and move on with their lives.

All that to say appreciate the OP and friend for outing this clown because most don't and you've probably saved future victims. It was painful to read that WhatsApp log and one of those where you wonder if he actually starts believing the lies he's rattling off one after the other. Just sick.

Oh and another thing...he comments about addressing this thread tomorrow. Are you kidding me? Your entire reputation as a human is being tarnished but nah just wait til tomorrow to address it no hurry. His entire life revolves around buying time.
Old 1 February 2020, 10:49 AM   #363
ARMADUK
"TRF" Member

Woa. That Whatsapp trascript confirms it, at least for me, that he is 100% a scammer, this is a textbook scammers behavior - constanant delays, millions of excuses, family emergensies/tragedies/deaths/disasters etc. I mean how stupid one could be to think he pull this off in this day and age in a community as anal to details as watch nerds? What a colossal mororn.
Old 1 February 2020, 10:51 AM   #364
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilLynott View Post
Oh and another thing...he comments about addressing this thread tomorrow. Are you kidding me? Your entire reputation as a human is being tarnished but nah just wait til tomorrow to address it no hurry. His entire life revolves around buying time.
Not to defend him (I'm sure it's clear by now where I stand with his shenanigans), but waiting until tomorrow to release anything is probably the wisest thing he could do. The two statements he's made today did not help his cause. He probably should consult an attorney before saying anything else, in all honesty, and write something only when he's clear-headed.
Old 1 February 2020, 10:51 AM   #365
Qballdp
Banned

I always loved his vids and pics. Scumbag or not, he's got great photo skills. I have read everything here, as well as the entire WhatsApp transcript. I can come to no conclusion other than this being a scam from the start.

As you all likely know, he recently started selling his "own" line of straps. On the opening day of sales, I bought one (Thursday Jan. 24th. About 5pm Los Angeles time). I paid the extra 7ish bucks for expedited shipping because I really wanted it asap. Delivery time was advertised as 2-4 days. It's now 8 days later, and I still don't have it. From what I can tell, it's sitting in container in Sydney still. So it would seem he couldn't resist scamming me out of a measly $7, as obviously no expediting was arranged. I got the slowest DHL shipping I've ever seen, assuming I get it at all.
Old 1 February 2020, 10:53 AM   #366
kev1nchoi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
Not to defend him (I'm sure it's clear by now where I stand with his shenanigans), but waiting until tomorrow to release anything is probably the wisest thing he could do. The two statements he's made today did not help his cause. He probably should consult an attorney before saying anything else, in all honesty, and write something only when he's clear-headed.
It's hard for him to clear his head because of all the smoke he's taken in heroically putting out all the bush fires in Australia.
Old 1 February 2020, 10:54 AM   #367
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please speak up with as much detail as possible.
So, from reading the WhatsApp conversation you've had with him, it seems like you have enough information to report him to the Australian Tax Authorities in the event that he's committed tax fraud.

I've tried to fill out a form, but they asked for some personal details that I believe you'd be better left to provide. Also, seeing that you've actually been affected by him, you have more of an authoritative position than the rest of us do.

Once again, thank you for exposing this person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev1nchoi View Post
It's hard for him to clear his head because of all the smoke he's taken in heroically putting out all the bush fires in Australia.
Believe me, it shows.
Old 1 February 2020, 10:56 AM   #368
hotchicken
"TRF" Member

I dont get why this has blown up? Given there are so many fake rolexes floating around , I thought this being a rolex forum would have seen so many stories of people being scammed/sold fakes?
Old 1 February 2020, 11:00 AM   #369
etienne
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118206
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchicken View Post
I dont get why this has blown up? Given there are so many fake rolexes floating around , I thought this being a rolex forum would have seen so many stories of people being scammed/sold fakes?
When the one selling the fake actually have 68k Youtube followers on how to spot a fake, that will implode on the seller.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:09 AM   #370
Lol-x
Facilitator

Using photos of a house burning down which is a real tragedy and callously using that imaging and making up a fake story to fob off someone who has handed over $29k in good faith is scum of the earth conduct.
The guys and social media supporting Horology House and its associates make you wonder is there a much bigger picture here we haven't seen yet??

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 1 February 2020, 11:12 AM   #371
imgook
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
I believe this has blown up because of the amount of people that have been burnt by this guy.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:18 AM   #372
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
So, from reading the WhatsApp conversation you've had with him, it seems like you have enough information to report him to the Australian Tax Authorities in the event that he's committed tax fraud.

I've tried to fill out a form, but they asked for some personal details that I believe you'd be better left to provide. Also, seeing that you've actually been affected by him, you have more of an authoritative position than the rest of us do.

Once again, thank you for exposing this person.

Believe me, it shows.
We have contacted the Authorities already. It's a slow grinding process.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:26 AM   #373
Texote69
"TRF" Member

Old 1 February 2020, 11:26 AM   #374
Bobby100
Banned

Watch: Breitling Avenger
He blocked me within seconds on instagram.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:28 AM   #375
grievor
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing this. I am disappointed with the number of excuses made up during this transaction. Definitely lost all forms of reliability in my book. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:29 AM   #376
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete1675 View Post
In the WhatsApp thread, he also says he has "dashcam footage" showing him walking in and delivering the package to the courier on 18/11/2019

Did the buyer ever ask to see this footage as proof it got sent?

A credit card statement would show the DHL transaction.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:31 AM   #377
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
The guys and social media supporting Horology House and its associates make you wonder is there a much bigger picture here we haven't seen yet??

It’s... not that cut and dry.

A lot of these people are tip-toeing the fine line between accusing someone of wrong doing and what they believe is bullying, based off mob-like behavior.

Personally, I think they’re mistaken, but that doesn’t mean they’re guilty of whatever Chris has done.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:32 AM   #378
javierm27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete1675 View Post
In the WhatsApp thread, he also says he has "dashcam footage" showing him walking in and delivering the package to the courier on 18/11/2019

Did the buyer ever ask to see this footage as proof it got sent?
Yeah, he did and Chris said he will get it to him in 2.5 months. So sometime in March we will have the footage.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:32 AM   #379
MrJKLFoams
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexOmegaJLC
Quote:
We have contacted the Authorities already. It's a slow grinding process.
Good on you. Hope this scum bag will learn his lesson. I used to like his skills of making watch videos. Just unfollowed this bag from all his social media and I hope everyone will. What a dbag!
Old 1 February 2020, 11:32 AM   #380
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHantz View Post
In the description of the video "Real vs Fake"

"In this video, I take you through one of the best current fake Rolex watches in production, and compare many aspects to a Genuine Rolex Submariner 116610.
We cover the key differences, how to spot a fake, and what to look for.
"

If he has fakes to compare, he must know where to get the good ones from.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:38 AM   #381
javierm27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchicken View Post
You serious? Dude has 68k followers, has videos showing how to spot real vs fakes Rolexes and just sold a fake to a very patient buyer. Also he is blocking people from social media who are speaking out. Blamed delays due to friends not accounted for in the volcano eruption in NZ, and fires in Australia causing delays.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:42 AM   #382
javierm27
"TRF" Member

Shohaib, you have the patience of a Saint, wow. I hope you somehow get that Daytona. This whole story is unreal. I unfollowed that fraud on IG in your name, lol.
Old 1 February 2020, 11:48 AM   #383
grievor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
You serious? Dude has 68k followers, has videos showing how to spot real vs fakes Rolexes and just sold a fake to a very patient buyer. Also he is blocking people from social media who are speaking out. Blamed delays due to friends not accounted for in the volcano eruption in NZ, and fires in Australia causing delays.
No delays on those watch straps though lol
Old 1 February 2020, 11:49 AM   #384
imgook
"TRF" Member

Another one. Once again, they don't want to be known publicly...
Old 1 February 2020, 11:52 AM   #385
mooniewant
"TRF" Member

There’s a perfectly logical explanation to the GST charge if the products are legit. Any import to Australia over the value of $1000 is charged GST. You have to pay it to release the watch from the shipping company. So if he’s receiving the watches from a grey market supplier overseas he’s exposed to that and has every right to pass that on to the buyer. Which is the cost outlined in the invoice. It’s not for financial gain.

Unless, of course, the products aren’t real and he’s not only ripping people off with fake product but pocketing an additional %10 of the fake value as a perceived GST payment, which is as deplorable as the fire excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 February 2020, 11:56 AM   #386
reuben3
"TRF" Member

repeat post

Last edited by reuben3; 1 February 2020 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: mentioned by others already
Old 1 February 2020, 11:58 AM   #387
imgook
"TRF" Member

Another person via email, but it seems like they are still scared to take the next step.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:00 PM   #388
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

Does he have a shop in Perth?
Old 1 February 2020, 12:06 PM   #389
javierm27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grievor View Post
No delays on those watch straps though lol
Lol for now.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:06 PM   #390
imgook
"TRF" Member

Another person also via email. I'm begging for these guys to speak up...
Closed Thread

Tags
357q00k9 , chris , daytona , essery , fake rolex , fraud , horology house , horologyhouse@gmail.com , perth , scam , scammer