The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 13 January 2024, 01:44 AM   #4141
Bug04
"TRF" Member

It depends how you prefer the bracelet (less of more tapered).
But I would go for 4500, it has a better rotor vs 4520, the rest being basically the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33nastyle View Post
Hi guys, im in a big dilema. I can buy a brand new one 4500v blue dial 2022, 4K lower than retail price or wait the call maybe 2 months now for the 4520V and pay the retail price ? what would you do?
Bug04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 09:42 PM   #4142
d33nastyle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
It depends how you prefer the bracelet (less of more tapered).
But I would go for 4500, it has a better rotor vs 4520, the rest being basically the same.
I prefer more tappered but but saving a few euros on the retail price is interesting
d33nastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 10:05 PM   #4143
Bug04
"TRF" Member

You would buy the 2022 4500 from a private? If full set and officially registered by the current owner for warranty extension, than you may save few grands compared to a purchase from store, basically without risks or differences in warranty coverage.

You
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33nastyle View Post
I prefer more tappered but but saving a few euros on the retail price is interesting
Old 14 January 2024, 01:53 AM   #4144
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You would buy the 2022 4500 from a private? If full set and officially registered by the current owner for warranty extension, than you may save few grands compared to a purchase from store, basically without risks or differences in warranty coverage.

You
Private party 4500v will be at or slightly less than retail price of $25K USD. Seeing them around 23-24k for a recent year … at least for blue dial. You can definitely save a lot more on silver or black dial 4500v
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2024, 02:52 AM   #4145
Bug04
"TRF" Member

That’s what I am saying: saving few grands with basically no downside on warranty coverage.
Actually, he made reference to 4k saving (which is not bad at all) on a 2022 blu 4500 vs retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Private party 4500v will be at or slightly less than retail price of $25K USD. Seeing them around 23-24k for a recent year … at least for blue dial. You can definitely save a lot more on silver or black dial 4500v
Old 14 January 2024, 05:19 AM   #4146
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC 4000V
From a dollar perspective, other than the Retrograde Moonphase.. all other Overseas references, steel or precious metal, can be had at below MSRP from secondary market both new and used.

That said, buying from a boutique has its own perks and it is completely up to the individual how much he/she values those perks. Getting invited to VC events, getting to meet other VC enthusiasts, gifts and goodies etc etc.
Old 15 January 2024, 05:53 AM   #4147
Saintos
"TRF" Member

Here we go….. what do you think about that? Saw that now.
Saintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2024, 06:10 AM   #4148
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Official vacheron overseas thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintos View Post

They were around 16 before the hype ($19k at boutique with discount). Close enough for me there.
Old 15 January 2024, 06:13 AM   #4149
Saintos
"TRF" Member

Official vacheron overseas thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
They were around 16 before the hype ($19k at boutique with discount). Close enough for me there.

But before the hype the MSRP was much lower than now. This is another level.
Old 15 January 2024, 06:25 AM   #4150
EEpro

Quote:
But before the hype the MSRP was much lower than now. This is another level.

Yep it's cheap.

That's not a Rolex though so the market for buyers is a lot thinner... both on moda and wherever the buying flipper plans to resale for a few k profit. I bet you there's days of the week that watch could sit 24 hrs on moda at $12,000 unsold if it was a bare watch. Same situation with Lange. Great product. Thin specialty market.
Old 15 January 2024, 06:49 AM   #4151
Saintos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep it's cheap.

That's not a Rolex though so the market for buyers is a lot thinner... both on moda and wherever the buying flipper plans to resale for a few k profit. I bet you there's days of the week that watch could sit 24 hrs on moda at $12,000 unsold if it was a bare watch. Same situation with Lange. Great product. Thin specialty market.

Very interesting. And this is just beginning of 2024.
Old 15 January 2024, 07:15 AM   #4152
d33nastyle
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You
Definitly, I will take the 4500v and maybe take the 4520v when the boutique Call me and then sell the 4500v
Old 15 January 2024, 11:56 PM   #4153
Ramathorn
Banned

I was offered a 222 as a first time purchaser from a boutique here on the east coast. A deposit would be required to hold for delivery later this year.

Does anyone think VC may resort to discounts in the near future? I remember pre-hype that they did offer discounts on loads of pieces. I’d be upset if I paid full MSRP now only to have them offer a discount later this year or next, or worse, drop the MSRP. My gut feels they might do it.

From my convos with them, they have acknowledged the market has slowed down significantly with lead times shortening as a result. Lots of the crowds on the lists have vanished.
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 12:53 AM   #4154
EEpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn View Post
I was offered a 222 as a first time purchaser from a boutique here on the east coast. A deposit would be required to hold for delivery later this year.

Does anyone think VC may resort to discounts in the near future? I remember pre-hype that they did offer discounts on loads of pieces. I’d be upset if I paid full MSRP now only to have them offer a discount later this year or next, or worse, drop the MSRP. My gut feels they might do it.

From my convos with them, they have acknowledged the market has slowed down significantly with lead times shortening as a result. Lots of the crowds on the lists have vanished.

Face to face maybe. Danielle online probably not.
Old 16 January 2024, 04:14 AM   #4155
CraigStewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Face to face maybe. Danielle online probably not.

Exactly. But Danielle is great. Wonderful customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CraigStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2024, 12:46 PM   #4156
tsekh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn View Post

Which boutique? I'm on the east coast. Happy to go in and put down my deposit.
tsekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 01:46 PM   #4157
Lkdub24
"TRF" Member

That sunburst + lacquer blue 🤌

Lkdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 06:30 PM   #4158
d33nastyle
"TRF" Member

thank you for advice guys, it's in the building

Old 26 January 2024, 09:00 AM   #4159
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

In early 2020, I visited the NYC boutique inquiring about the 4300v/r. At that time, they were eager to sell, and if I recall correctly, the MSRP was around $80 and change. I loved it, but felt I wouldn’t wear it much as the rose gold was a tad too loud for me.

Shortly thereafter, the white gold was released, but by that time, the luxury watch market bubble was in full swing. I expressed interest, but was told they couldn’t promise anything.

Fast forward to last week, and the SA reached out saying they have one. I asked whether it was white or rose gold, and he said both are available. My question is whether anyone has been successful recently in getting a discount. I know this topic has been non-negotiable for the last two years, but times have clearly changed. Also, considering Vacheron’s hefty, almost excessive, price hikes, I don’t think it would hurt to ask.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 10:21 AM   #4160
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Regarding discounts, no inside info; however, I have to imagine it’s too soon. I think ADs will need to be sitting on pieces for +12months before they’ll even be considered seriously. The swing back is happening, but it’s a process that takes time and I think ADs will need to feel a little more pain before it happens. Just my knee jerk reaction.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 10:37 PM   #4161
Andy0331

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
Fast forward to last week, and the SA reached out saying they have one. I asked whether it was white or rose gold, and he said both are available.
I was recently contacted about the white gold as well; it seems they're moving down the list of people who've registered interest. I'd love to pick it up, but the timing is wrong right now, unless they were to offer 0% interest or something silly to me.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 02:05 AM   #4162
tecknit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm in the MODA watch group and honestly I would never buy any watch from there. The vouches they do look sketchy as hell and I've seen stories of watches in terrible condition when sent to them.

If I were to ever buy from there I would definitely use their escrow service but even with that it is still sketchy as hell.

If you would like to buy a watch from the MODA watch group I suggest finding a dealer from there that is from your home country and contact them to see if you can see the watch in person.

All those vouches I see from the post comments are the same as the ones I see from other groups of different product genre that I have been scammed from before, posting fake vouches from different users. And honestly how likely is it that the seller is authentic and the person vouching for the seller JUST SO HAPPENS to check facebook and sees that PARTICULAR vouching post amongst the many posts in the group and comments "good seller"? Let alone more than 30-60 vouch comments for that same seller. I just find it very skeptical unless the seller really did message all 60 past customers to vouch for him in that particular post

If you're ever planning on travelling, you can come to Hong Kong to find your watch because the prices here are good and close to those in the MODA watch group and have a much better experience and authenticity being more probable.

Overall, I would avoid MODA watch group, being a person inside the group and seeing the posts every day
tecknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2024, 06:24 PM   #4163
euro73
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC Overseas Chrono
5500V/110A B686 and 5520V/210A B686

I am in the market for an Overseas Chronograph. Panda or Reverse Panda.
I notice that there appear to be two references for 2023 manufactured models; 5500V/110A B686 and 5520V/210A B686

The only difference I am able to easily identify is the watch thickness; the
5500V specifications are for 13.7mm thickness and the 5520V specifications are for 12.67mm thickness

Is anyone able to advise me of any other differences I should be aware of? Thank you in advance for any guidance.
euro73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2024, 06:06 PM   #4164
euro73
"TRF" Member

Query resolved at boutique . Purchased
Old 10 February 2024, 06:26 PM   #4165
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2024, 07:38 PM   #4166
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro73 View Post
Congrats from a fellow v7900 owner and lover. The Panda is special. Which version did you end up getting?
Audevache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2024, 12:15 AM   #4167
EEpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro73 View Post

Congrats. Thickness is getting very reasonable on that big boy.
Old 12 February 2024, 07:13 AM   #4168
euro73
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audevache View Post
congrats from a fellow v7900 owner and lover. The panda is special. Which version did you end up getting?
5520v
Old 12 February 2024, 07:13 AM   #4169
euro73
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats. Thickness is getting very reasonable on that big boy.
Looks skinny compared to the pair of Deep Seas in my collection :)
Old 14 February 2024, 04:13 AM   #4170
spellmanski
"TRF" Member

Does anyone think these 4520 / 4500 look huge on the wrist?
spellmanski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin