The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 20 March 2024, 12:07 PM   #4201
sss205
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub.
Well, as a very quick update to my last post, I was offered today a rose gold Overseas blue dial and have accepted. They'll ship as I'm not in NYC at the moment, but they'll do a sit down presentation when I'm back up next month. I'll update with pics when I received, but to say I'm over the moon would be under-selling it!
sss205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2024, 10:16 PM   #4202
Bmats
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss205 View Post
Well, as a very quick update to my last post, I was offered today a rose gold Overseas blue dial and have accepted. They'll ship as I'm not in NYC at the moment, but they'll do a sit down presentation when I'm back up next month. I'll update with pics when I received, but to say I'm over the moon would be under-selling it!
Congrats! That’s an awesome one. And now it’s sounds like your purchases will be appropriately paced out.
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 03:24 AM   #4203
Claudius
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC Ref. Q4148480
I just pulled the trigger on the discontinued 2300V (37 mm, blue dial, small seconds at 9). Purchased from Subdial, a UK-based dealer. Not sure when the shipment will arrive, but I will update with pictures when received. Ecstatic about joining the "Hour Club".
Claudius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 01:15 PM   #4204
GS719691
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I just pulled the trigger on the discontinued 2300V (37 mm, blue dial, small seconds at 9). Purchased from Subdial, a UK-based dealer. Not sure when the shipment will arrive, but I will update with pictures when received. Ecstatic about joining the "Hour Club".
Congratulations! that’s a great watch.
GS719691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 07:53 PM   #4205
Claudius
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS719691 View Post
Congratulations! that’s a great watch.
Thank you. I have always loved VC and the fact that the Overseas is more under the radar than PP and AP equivalents. But with my slender wrists and preference for smaller watches, I knew I couldn’t pull off the 41 mm third generation. I think the 36 mm Explorer is perfectly sized for me, and I hope the 2300v will fit similarly.
Old 22 March 2024, 08:09 AM   #4206
GS719691
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Thank you. I have always loved VC and the fact that the Overseas is more under the radar than PP and AP equivalents. But with my slender wrists and preference for smaller watches, I knew I couldn’t pull off the 41 mm third generation. I think the 36 mm Explorer is perfectly sized for me, and I hope the 2300v will fit similarly.
Well, while you wait, here for your reference is the 2300v on my 6 inch wrist.
Old 22 March 2024, 08:13 AM   #4207
GS719691
"TRF" Member

Let’s try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2142.jpeg (167.2 KB, 987 views)
Old 22 March 2024, 08:28 AM   #4208
Claudius
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS719691 View Post
Let’s try again
Beautiful. Many people seem not to like the small seconds, but I think it’s quirky and distinctive.
Old 22 March 2024, 10:42 AM   #4209
yoda888
"TRF" Member

Dumb question as I haven't had a chance to read through the 140 pages of this thread, but how hard is it to acquire a Overseas Dual time in blue?

I'm loving that dial and I've been looking for a blue dial for a bit.
yoda888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 10:53 AM   #4210
Sunstreaker
"TRF" Member

Hi all - my VC boutique has offered me to place a deposit down on a blue dial 4520V. I’ve been waiting for close to two years for this.

I know this is a Rolex forum but I’m debating trading my Sub 126610LV (Dec 2022) and my Milgauss Z-Blue (Dec 2019) to get the VC. I also have a Hulk hence my desire to trade the 41mm.

Thoughts on doing this trade? Am I crazy?
Sunstreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 12:23 PM   #4211
Bmats

Not sure I would feel the need for 2 green bezel subs and it really depends on how much you like the Milgauss. Setting cost and rarity aside I’d rather have a sub and overseas that two subs and a Milgauss. The 4520 is both stunning and versatile with the strap changes.
Is
Old 22 March 2024, 01:48 PM   #4212
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss205 View Post
Wow congrats! That’s a damn fine watch. Can’t wait to see the pics.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 09:36 PM   #4213
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstreaker View Post
Hi all - my VC boutique has offered me to place a deposit down on a blue dial 4520V. I’ve been waiting for close to two years for this.

I know this is a Rolex forum but I’m debating trading my Sub 126610LV (Dec 2022) and my Milgauss Z-Blue (Dec 2019) to get the VC. I also have a Hulk hence my desire to trade the 41mm.

Get rid of the rolexes and get the VC. I just traded a blue milgauss and a YM + cash for a Moser. These watches feel more special.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 01:15 AM   #4214
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstreaker View Post

I got my Sub just a couple of months after receiving my 7900v DT. I've worn the Sub less than 5 times since I got it, it is now formally in the collection of my wife. And the Overseas is probably my most worn watch overall.

VC is just a totally different level, turn it over and look at the Geneva seal beauty inside - something you don't get to see with a Rolex. Plus it is surprisingly versatile with the quick change system, you can dress it up or down as you want with leather straps and rubber straps.

In summary, hulk and LV are just too similar, do the trade and get yourself into high horology territory. Just note there is no going back afterwards...
Audevache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 03:15 PM   #4215
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audevache View Post
I got my Sub just a couple of months after receiving my 7900v DT. I've worn the Sub less than 5 times since I got it, it is now formally in the collection of my wife. And the Overseas is probably my most worn watch overall.

VC is just a totally different level, turn it over and look at the Geneva seal beauty inside - something you don't get to see with a Rolex. Plus it is surprisingly versatile with the quick change system, you can dress it up or down as you want with leather straps and rubber straps.

In summary, hulk and LV are just too similar, do the trade and get yourself into high horology territory. Just note there is no going back afterwards...
+1. I have not worn my Rolexes since getting my 4520v. Wore it a month straight when I got it, which I have never done in my life when I've had >= 2 watches.

The VC makes my Rolexes look and feel a bit, dare I say, pedestrian.

It's a true high horology watch that has the toughness/durability/WR to wear like a Rolex, and is probably even a better GADA type watch than any Rolex due to the stealthy nature (most people don't know VC) and the awesome strap change system. And the rubber/leather straps are terrific as well. Very comfy.

I'm actually thinking of trading a Rolex or two and getting another VCO, either the 7920v or 5520v.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 09:01 PM   #4216
dshin525
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Pepsi
Just got back from a week in Singapore. I've been trying to get a white strap for the summer for my 7900v without any luck in Seoul (where I live). Visited the VC boutique at Ion mall and they had one in stock!
dshin525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 10:01 PM   #4217
ap1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshin525 View Post
Just got back from a week in Singapore. I've been trying to get a white strap for the summer for my 7900v without any luck in Seoul (where I live). Visited the VC boutique at Ion mall and they had one in stock!
That looks amazing on the white , enjoy
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 10:24 PM   #4218
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Looks nice indeed. Does anybody know which other rubber strap colours are available from VC for the 7900? I only have the black one that came with it.

I was already considering going aftermarket, but would prefer the original.
Old 24 March 2024, 05:25 AM   #4219
Bmats

I couldn't get the bracelet to fit perfectly, and when I was taking in and out links (and being slightly annoyed I was in between) I finally realized what I'm sure was obvious to everyone but me--there's a half link. That's pretty cool. I swapped the half link for a full link and got a perfect fit.
Old 24 March 2024, 10:08 AM   #4220
dshin525
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Looks nice indeed. Does anybody know which other rubber strap colours are available from VC for the 7900? I only have the black one that came with it.

I was already considering going aftermarket, but would prefer the original.
There is navy (which I have), red (this comes with the new 7920v), gray, orange and beige (both were limited releases and hard to find), and of course white.
The canvas for the Everest model is also available and can be ordered through VC boutiques.
Old 24 March 2024, 05:55 PM   #4221
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There is navy (which I have), red (this comes with the new 7920v), gray, orange and beige (both were limited releases and hard to find), and of course white.
The canvas for the Everest model is also available and can be ordered through VC boutiques.
Thanks. I’ll need to find the grey one then. Or do people have had good experiences with the Delugs aftermarket?
Old 24 March 2024, 09:28 PM   #4222
dshin525
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks. I’ll need to find the grey one then. Or do people have had good experiences with the Delugs aftermarket?
The grey seems to be readily available. Every boutique I visited had one in stock.

I tried the delugs CTC rubber straps for a couple other watches (not VC). They are high quality and comfortable. But the cost for the VC version is $325...which isn't much different from the OEM VC cost. And the delugs uses its own proprietary buckle.
Old 26 March 2024, 06:32 AM   #4223
impactplayer
"TRF" Member

Any buzz on what VC will be showing at W&W? Are we going to see a steel 222?
impactplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 06:37 AM   #4224
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The grey seems to be readily available. Every boutique I visited had one in stock.

I tried the delugs CTC rubber straps for a couple other watches (not VC). They are high quality and comfortable. But the cost for the VC version is $325...which isn't much different from the OEM VC cost. And the delugs uses its own proprietary buckle.

Thanks. Will have to checkout my boutique then. Does anybody have pics of the grey strap?
Old 26 March 2024, 12:15 PM   #4225
Andy0331

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda888 View Post
Dumb question as I haven't had a chance to read through the 140 pages of this thread, but how hard is it to acquire a Overseas Dual time in blue?

I'm loving that dial and I've been looking for a blue dial for a bit.
Hard to say. I was able to order one (placed deposit) from the NYC Boutique after getting an intro to Nina, the Manager there. I was given an estimate of ~6-9 months and it took a bit less than 2 years. Of course those were definitely different times in the market, with much higher demand.

I went in December in hopes of trying on a Overseas perpetual and dealt with Nicole Li, who was incredibly pleasant & helpful. I registered interest in a white gold blue dial and received a call in mid Jan; unfortunately I had to pass as it was too soon.

Bottom line, the market has changed, so it can't hurt to call and ask, or if the opportunity presents itself, go in person and strike up a conversation. I love mine & the multiple strap/bracelet options are fantastic.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 03:16 PM   #4226
GK12345EMAIL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ, Rolex, Patek
The NYC boutique is taking deposits for the smaller 4600V With a 3-6 month timeline for delivery

Glad to see things returning to normal now
GK12345EMAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 01:56 AM   #4227
arnage
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks. Will have to checkout my boutique then. Does anybody have pics of the grey strap?

The OEM grey strap doesn't differ very much from the black. (left is the black; grey is what's mounted on the watch)
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 02:59 AM   #4228
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage View Post

The OEM grey strap doesn't differ very much from the black. (left is the black; grey is what's mounted on the watch)
Thanks for sharing. Indeed not too different, I'll probably need to check out other vendors then.
Old 27 March 2024, 04:20 AM   #4229
serpentine009
"TRF" Member

I saw a couple posts referencing discounts at boutiques. I didn't think boutiques would discount below MSRP, but is that the wrong assumption? Putting aside supply & demand 101 for a moment.
serpentine009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 08:11 AM   #4230
Claudius
"TRF" Member

Incoming

A milestone in my horological journey.

The bracelet fits a little loosely, so I threw it on the rubber strap, which was incredibly easy to do. The alligator strap will arrive in a few days due to export restrictions.

The blue dial is quite dark and matte; not the sunburst that is so popular, but I think the subdued tone will help to keep the watch under the radar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VCOS 2300v.jpg (59.8 KB, 565 views)

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin