The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,046 69.83%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 62 4.14%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 390 26.03%
Voters: 1498. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 December 2023, 06:09 AM   #4621
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
You might have missed the boat .

Father Christmas did his rounds on the morning of December 25th (The day after you thought you may add it to your list).

Although .... If you are currently in some other countries you would be in time as they celebrate Christmas on a later date.
No doubt things move slow in his part of the world.
It'll be on the 2024 year list. If he gets around to it?

Sometimes a very casual approach is worth it's weight in gold. After all the sun still comes up regardless
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2023, 09:38 AM   #4622
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
the sun still comes up regardless
I wish ... Here it's been cloudy, rain and cold for a few days .... No sunny time at all.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2023, 12:58 PM   #4623
mcaa
"TRF" Member

I've read allot about 32xx movement issues, but never had problems myself with the DJ41 5/2021 and Explorer 40 7/2023. The pieces are worn allot on a daily basis.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A536B met Tapatalk
mcaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2023, 07:09 PM   #4624
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaa View Post
I've read allot about 32xx movement issues, but never had problems myself with the DJ41 5/2021 and Explorer 40 7/2023. The pieces are worn allot on a daily basis.
If you read a lot then you know what the key issue of the 32xx is and how to detect it. Good timekeeping is not the primary indicator for a healthy 32xx watch.

I have NOT even seen 1 (one) contribution on TRF where a member has shown (with data) that his 32xx watch keeps (or kept) high movement amplitudes (after full winding) together with good timekeeping over a period of several (4-5) years, i.e., starting from the date of purchase and without any RSC repair or regulation of the 32xx movement.
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 05:13 AM   #4625
Azwatch
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 16700
Ive had mine since 2019 and no issues. its been sharing wrist time with my 16700
Azwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 07:06 AM   #4626
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azwatch View Post
Ive had mine since 2019 and no issues.:
Just for the record………

You say you have had no troubles with your watch

How have you been testing your watch ?

Have you used a Timegrapher to measure Amplitude etc when fully would and then partially wound over periods of time.

That will, more than likely, show the errors as every 32xx watch I have measured and come across has shown the problem.

There has been a lot of research, some of which has been well written up within this thread, that shows the problem quite clearly.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2024, 09:55 PM   #4627
saxo3
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
Just for the record………

Happy New Year!
Old 2 January 2024, 04:47 AM   #4628
Easy E
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post

I have NOT even seen 1 (one) contribution on TRF where a member has shown (with data) that his 32xx watch keeps (or kept) high movement amplitudes (after full winding) together with good timekeeping over a period of several (4-5) years, i.e., starting from the date of purchase and without any RSC repair or regulation of the 32xx movement.
You have seen one. I think my BLNR is the one. Now, that is in contrast to my WG Sub, SS Sub, DD40, SD43, and two DJ41s all slow, all low amplitude. 1-6 for Team Easy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BLNR ScreenGrab.jpg (35.8 KB, 260 views)
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 05:06 AM   #4629
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
You have seen one. I think my BLNR is the one. Now, that is in contrast to my WG Sub, SS Sub, DD40, SD43, and two DJ41s all slow, all low amplitude. 1-6 for Team Easy
Hahaha … I don't think so … not yet 5 years ;-)

The purchase date of your GMT-Master II 126710BLNR was 15 July 2019, still 6.5 months to go until end of warranty ;-)

Let's wait until mid July 2024 for your BLNR timegrapher data set

I think your first BLNR timegrapher measurements were done from 26.-28.12.2022, right? So you don't cover the full 5 years with data (just kidding).

What about your Submariner 126610LV (3235) you bought in 05/2023? Your last timegrapher data from 09/2023 did not look convincing: amplitudes in all 3 vertical positions were close to 200 degrees after full winding!

Old 2 January 2024, 06:27 AM   #4630
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:

Happy New Year!
Old 2 January 2024, 07:31 AM   #4631
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:

Happy New Year!
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 07:52 AM   #4632
LazyTimegrapher
"TRF" Member

I ended up getting a time grapher, so I should have it ready when my DJ41 gets back from service. It’s the Weishi 1900.

I’ve tested it out so far on the 3 other automatics I have from omega Tissot and Raymond Weil. Seems to work pretty well. Interestingly the omega worldtimer on the time grapher seems to be quite insensitive to positional changes and stays within -2 to +1 spd depending on which position it’s in. I’ve noticed when I wear it all the time it loses about 30-40 seconds a month.

The other two watches seem very sensitive to position and range from -6 to +8 spd on the time grapher depending on what position they’re in. They’re the Powermatic 80 and the skeleton freelancer movements if anyone’s interested.

Curious to see how the DJ will compare. I’ll post my results for the DJ when I get it back from RSC. If it still has low amplitude as I expect it will, I’ll probably sell it and save up to buy a 31xx movement. Probably a 118239 or 18239.
LazyTimegrapher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 08:40 AM   #4633
Easy E

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyTimegrapher View Post
I ended up getting a time grapher, so I should have it ready when my DJ41 gets back from service. It’s the Weishi 1900.

I’ve tested it out so far on the 3 other automatics I have from omega Tissot and Raymond Weil. Seems to work pretty well. Interestingly the omega worldtimer on the time grapher seems to be quite insensitive to positional changes and stays within -2 to +1 spd depending on which position it’s in. I’ve noticed when I wear it all the time it loses about 30-40 seconds a month.

The other two watches seem very sensitive to position and range from -6 to +8 spd on the time grapher depending on what position they’re in. They’re the Powermatic 80 and the skeleton freelancer movements if anyone’s interested.

Curious to see how the DJ will compare. I’ll post my results for the DJ when I get it back from RSC. If it still has low amplitude as I expect it will, I’ll probably sell it and save up to buy a 31xx movement. Probably a 118239 or 18239.

Your DJ will almost certainly be running better when it is returned. To me, that’s not the real question. The question is how long will it hold? For some it seems like a couple of years, others in months.
Old 2 January 2024, 08:43 AM   #4634
Easy E

Quote:
Hahaha … I don't think so … not yet 5 years ;-)

The purchase date of your GMT-Master II 126710BLNR was 15 July 2019, still 6.5 months to go until end of warranty ;-)

Let's wait until mid July 2024 for your BLNR timegrapher data set

I think your first BLNR timegrapher measurements were done from 26.-28.12.2022, right? So you don't cover the full 5 years with data (just kidding).

What about your Submariner 126610LV (3235) you bought in 05/2023? Your last timegrapher data from 09/2023 did not look convincing: amplitudes in all 3 vertical positions were close to 200 degrees after full winding!

Very picky.

I haven’t run a full test set on the LV in a while. Did a spot check the other day and the verticals looked pretty terrible. Hopefully in the next week or so I can carve a few minutes for at least a 0 and 24 test set. More to follow
Old 2 January 2024, 09:01 AM   #4635
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Your Omega Worldtimer has a Co-Axial caliber?
Old 2 January 2024, 09:08 AM   #4636
Cassian739

Quote:

Happy New Year!
Cassian739 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 09:36 AM   #4637
LazyTimegrapher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your Omega Worldtimer has a Co-Axial caliber?
It’s this watch
SEAMASTER AQUA TERRA 150M 43 MM, STEEL ON RUBBER STRAP
Reference 220.12.43.22.03.001

I dont have enough posts yet to include a link to the omega website, but it’s easy to find on Google.

It has the omega 8938. The website says the following about it “Self-winding movement with Co-Axial escapement. Certified Master Chronometer, approved by METAS, resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss. GMT / Worldtimer functions. Free sprung-balance with silicon balance spring; automatic winding in both directions. Rhodium plated finish with Geneva waves in arabesque.”

I’ve really liked it a lot, especially since I picked it up lightly used for 5,800. I’ve had it for about 6 months now and it’s been the same accuracy the whole time.

It’s not the same fancy world time complication as the Patek versions. It’s just a gmt complication with a 24 hour disc and cities at fixed positions around the dial. But I don’t mind. I actually like that the cities stay fixed because then I can remember where to look for each time zone. The world map on the dial is also really nice to look at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4670.jpeg (115.9 KB, 252 views)
Old 2 January 2024, 09:41 AM   #4638
LazyTimegrapher
"TRF" Member

This probably exists elsewhere in the thread but is there a standard set of measurements I should take when I get the DJ back? I assume multiple positions and at different times after a full wind. Getting the full dataset sounds a little daunting but I should be able to do it over a weekend or something.

What would you say is the best set of data to take as a balance of not too much effort to collect but still providing enough info to accurately diagnose performance? In other words I’m willing to make the effort to get enough data to be useful but don’t want to go too overboard if the extra data is of only marginal utility.
Old 2 January 2024, 09:54 AM   #4639
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s this watch
SEAMASTER AQUA TERRA 150M 43 MM, STEEL ON RUBBER STRAP
Reference 220.12.43.22.03.001

I dont have enough posts yet to include a link to the omega website, but it’s easy to find on Google.

It has the omega 8938. The website says the following about it “Self-winding movement with Co-Axial escapement. Certified Master Chronometer, approved by METAS, resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss. GMT / Worldtimer functions. Free sprung-balance with silicon balance spring; automatic winding in both directions. Rhodium plated finish with Geneva waves in arabesque.”

I’ve really liked it a lot, especially since I picked it up lightly used for 5,800. I’ve had it for about 6 months now and it’s been the same accuracy the whole time.

It’s not the same fancy world time complication as the Patek versions. It’s just a gmt complication with a 24 hour disc and cities at fixed positions around the dial. But I don’t mind. I actually like that the cities stay fixed because then I can remember where to look for each time zone. The world map on the dial is also really nice to look at.
Thanks, nice watch.
You can put your Omega 8938 timegrapher data into the bin. Your Weishi cannot measure Co-Axial movements.
Old 2 January 2024, 09:57 AM   #4640
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This probably exists elsewhere in the thread but is there a standard set of measurements I should take when I get the DJ back? I assume multiple positions and at different times after a full wind. Getting the full dataset sounds a little daunting but I should be able to do it over a weekend or something.

What would you say is the best set of data to take as a balance of not too much effort to collect but still providing enough info to accurately diagnose performance? In other words I’m willing to make the effort to get enough data to be useful but don’t want to go too overboard if the extra data is of only marginal utility.
This has indeed been discussed and repeated many times in this thread

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...&postcount=771

Measure every 12 hours (0,12,24,36,48,60).

The minimum meaningful data set is 5 positions after full winding (t=0) and 24 hours later.

The lift angle for 32xx calibers is 53 degrees.
Old 2 January 2024, 11:03 AM   #4641
LazyTimegrapher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks, nice watch.
You can put your Omega 8938 timegrapher data into the bin. Your Weishi cannot measure Co-Axial movements.
I guess that makes sense. Is it totally wrong or are any of the values accurate? Like the amplitude and stuff is wrong but the second per day stuff be right? The rates seem like what I see wearing the watch. Maybe that’s just chance? I guess it would makes sense for it to be all wrong given how different the escapement is…

Thanks for the info. That’s helpful to know.
Old 2 January 2024, 11:03 AM   #4642
LazyTimegrapher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This has indeed been discussed and repeated many times in this thread

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...&postcount=771

Measure every 12 hours (0,12,24,36,48,60).

The minimum meaningful data set is 5 positions after full winding (t=0) and 24 hours later.

The lift angle for 32xx calibers is 53 degrees.
Thanks for the info. That post is helpful.
Old 2 January 2024, 11:44 AM   #4643
LazyTimegrapher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks, nice watch.
One additional datapoint is that the Weishi 1900 does auto detect the correct beat rate for the co axial, which is 25,200. Kind of makes me wonder if it’s able to get spd correct but nothing else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image0.jpeg (70.6 KB, 272 views)
Old 2 January 2024, 06:47 PM   #4644
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Have to agree Bas

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 07:03 PM   #4645
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
One additional datapoint is that the Weishi 1900 does auto detect the correct beat rate for the co axial, which is 25,200. Kind of makes me wonder if it’s able to get spd correct but nothing else.
Below is the answer to your question, posted by Archer on Omegaforums.

Your measured rates are ok but not the amplitudes, despite the fact that the lift angle setting of 38 degrees is correct for your Omega co-axial movement.

Old 2 January 2024, 09:46 PM   #4646
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Very picky.
Facts.
Old 3 January 2024, 12:48 AM   #4647
LazyTimegrapher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Below is the answer to your question, posted by Archer on Omegaforums.

Your measured rates are ok but not the amplitudes, despite the fact that the lift angle setting of 38 degrees is correct for your Omega co-axial movement
Good to know. It’s nice that the time grapher can at least measure the rate.
Old 5 January 2024, 05:41 AM   #4648
illiguy

So, for those who bought 32xx movement watches in 2023, experiencing any difficulties or watch running smoothly?
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 02:59 PM   #4649
ciriusblack88
"TRF" Member

Hey guys I have a question

I checked my rolex caliber 3235 and I saw tht amplitud average was

260°
265°
243°
239°
233°

So could you tell me if this average are ok ?

Because I send to maintance in a store.

Thanks in advance

Pdt : I checked full winding and the lift angle is 52°
ciriusblack88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 06:12 PM   #4650
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciriusblack88 View Post
Hey guys I have a question

I checked my rolex caliber 3235 and I saw tht amplitud average was

260°
265°
243°
239°
233°

So could you tell me if this average are ok ?

Because I send to maintance in a store.

Thanks in advance

Pdt : I checked full winding and the lift angle is 52°
The amplitudes are all ok.
The lift angle for 32xx movements is 53°, which will increase your amplitude readings by about 5°.