The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 20 July 2022, 02:03 PM   #451
eijiboy
Banned

Another price drop on new panda. from 36k to 34500 bnib
Old 20 July 2022, 02:06 PM   #452
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
well considering I live in Norther CA where sales tax is just south of 10% ... the price I paid for the 126619LB is $2000 less than if I'd walked into an AD and bought it there... so I'm good with that price.. frankly, I'd have been good with paying a bit more... because I WANT the watch, but if it's it's $50-$60K in 2-3 years or not is not even on my mind..

I don't think we're going to get to where you can walk into an AD and buy most popular models again anytime soon... before this happens, I can see Rolex taking their sales model to a pure on-line model .. the corruption among so many AD's is beyond repair.
Perfect timing on getting the sub. they selling below retail now and tax free if your seller is out of state
Old 20 July 2022, 02:07 PM   #453
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Man this thread is awesome! It’s like the complete opposite of the “panda reaches 50k” thread. Where is that one guy who was the cheerleader for the panda and Tiffany dialed op?? I can’t remember his name….
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 20 July 2022, 02:26 PM   #454
GB-man
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Man this thread is awesome! It’s like the complete opposite of the “panda reaches 50k” thread. Where is that one guy who was the cheerleader for the panda and Tiffany dialed op?? I can’t remember his name….

Jacksonrain
Old 20 July 2022, 02:27 PM   #455
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Jacksonrain

Yes! Is he still around??
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 20 July 2022, 03:17 PM   #456
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Yes! Is he still around??
I guess the pom poms are put away for now.

Incorrectly identified as “Panda” Daytonas “Going to 75K and upward!”
Old 20 July 2022, 04:39 PM   #457
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
I guess the pom poms are put away for now.

Incorrectly identified as “Panda” Daytonas “Going to 75K and upward!”
Old 20 July 2022, 05:52 PM   #458
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by eijiboy View Post
Perfect timing on getting the sub. they selling below retail now and tax free if your seller is out of state
and that won't last... mark my words.
Old 20 July 2022, 06:05 PM   #459
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarychicken View Post
At least the estate agents in the UK (equivalent to realtors in the US) don't take all the adverts for houses out of the shop window and hide them in the safe.

It's been a seller's market here for the longest time but it hasn't come to that....yet.

They have tried other techniques akin to 'jewellery'' and 'relationship', such as prioritising repeat customers (developers) and applicants who get their mortgages through the agent.

The parallels are actually quite scary between ADs and Estate Agents now I come to think of it.

Limited supply... Make more on each unit.

You're omitting the "off the market" transactions too. In "hot" areas they can represent 20+% of completed sales.
Old 20 July 2022, 07:44 PM   #460
pjaffe
"TRF" Member

Not sure if anyone else posted this but:

Combo deal of BNIB Batman AND Black Daytona for $44.5k on Moda.
Old 20 July 2022, 08:02 PM   #461
mr_gray
"TRF" Member

Watch: SMURF
The old days are returning! I saw a black dial Explorer 2 (5 digit) on "moda under 10k" site for $5,600 USD just now. watch only but it looked great. as a previous poster wrote, we will see what is popular now and what is not as the unpopular designs will really plummet.

Tastes have changed relative to when I got into watches 15 years ago but not that much. I reckon DJ will do better than it used to but YM, Exp 1 and 2 (black dial), AK will take an absolute hiding. TT will be crushed. Already 5 digit TT subs are being crushed. Even 6 digit TT is dying. Broadly 5 digit will take a hiding as it isn't as crisp/flashy like new Rolex is and will appeal to far fewer people. PM rolexes are being slashed.

i was thinking of selling my 5 digit gold sub but man! nobody wants to catch a falling knife.
Old 20 July 2022, 09:57 PM   #462
GB-man
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_gray View Post
The old days are returning! I saw a black dial Explorer 2 (5 digit) on "moda under 10k" site for $5,600 USD just now. watch only but it looked great. as a previous poster wrote, we will see what is popular now and what is not as the unpopular designs will really plummet.

Tastes have changed relative to when I got into watches 15 years ago but not that much. I reckon DJ will do better than it used to but YM, Exp 1 and 2 (black dial), AK will take an absolute hiding. TT will be crushed. Already 5 digit TT subs are being crushed. Even 6 digit TT is dying. Broadly 5 digit will take a hiding as it isn't as crisp/flashy like new Rolex is and will appeal to far fewer people. PM rolexes are being slashed.

i was thinking of selling my 5 digit gold sub but man! nobody wants to catch a falling knife.

Live footage from Moda

Old 20 July 2022, 10:06 PM   #463
JWillard
Banned

Does anyone know if Cramer is on Moda, he is calling a bottom lol
Old 20 July 2022, 10:14 PM   #464
CoolCat#7208
Banned

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...es-9?locale=en

Worth keeping an eye on some of these if you're interested in real market values. In HKD yes, but indicative nonetheless.
Old 20 July 2022, 10:17 PM   #465
Meltingicecube
Banned

I honestly can't wait to see what happens when the Fed hikes by 75bps next week, by another 75bps in September and when QT really kicks in!

I have spoken to multiple sources inside number of ADs! They are stuck with some professional models and don't know what to do with them (Airkings, Explorers, PM subs,...)!

They don't want to just give them away to clients with no to little purchase history and they are not allowed to put them on display under any circumstances!
Old 20 July 2022, 10:22 PM   #466
CoolCat#7208
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltingicecube View Post
I honestly can't wait to see what happens when the Fed hikes by 75bps next week, by another 75bps in September and when QT really kicks in!

I have spoken to multiple sources inside number of ADs! They are stuck with some professional models and don't know what to do with them (Airkings, Explorers, PM subs,...)!

They don't want to just give them away to clients with no to little purchase history and they are not allowed to put them on display under any circumstances!
A lot of this hike is already priced into most markets around now. Early in this month the indication was that it was going to be a full 1% but that cooled right off and bought some relief.
I get the impression they are saving face to keep the people on their side instead of totally nuking everything (which sadly, kinda needs to happen)

With watches in particular most greys over here (UK) are now saying that the market is starting to level out more. Still room to go down more on the popular models though. Nevertheless, people are still buying, July is a quiet month in general for them anyway. There will always be people with money to spend even in a recession and it's mostly those people who are wholly unaffected by it anyway.
Old 20 July 2022, 10:35 PM   #467
JWillard
Banned

Quote:

should be at least 100, i am all for 200 to 300
Old 20 July 2022, 10:48 PM   #468
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat#7208 View Post
A lot of this hike is already priced into most markets around now. Early in this month the indication was that it was going to be a full 1% but that cooled right off and bought some relief.
I get the impression they are saving face to keep the people on their side instead of totally nuking everything (which sadly, kinda needs to happen)

With watches in particular most greys over here (UK) are now saying that the market is starting to level out more. Still room to go down more on the popular models though. Nevertheless, people are still buying, July is a quiet month in general for them anyway. There will always be people with money to spend even in a recession and it's mostly those people who are wholly unaffected by it anyway.
Not according to MODA. No indication of a tried and true bottom on most hyped models. Moreover, greys have a vested interest in this kind of hand waving.

MODA is the most efficient watch market out there, so it’s the best bellwether we have.

Yes, there is a portion of the population that is more insulated to a downturn, but absolute demand (even among this portion) has and will decline - watches just aren’t as top of mind as they were 6 months ago.
Old 20 July 2022, 11:12 PM   #469
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWillard View Post
Does anyone know if Cramer is on Moda, he is calling a bottom lol
Cramer should be in jail, yet the SEC refuses to follow the rule of law.

это Америка мой друг.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 20 July 2022, 11:33 PM   #470
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Weird.My Turn-o—Graph is worth 3 times what I paid for it.
Old 20 July 2022, 11:58 PM   #471
dmash
"TRF" Member

2021 Sub 124060, $11.8k, unsold for 12hours
Old 21 July 2022, 12:10 AM   #472
Alvar*
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 & 116400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
2021 Sub 124060, $11.8k, unsold for 12hours
Wow. When will we see these prices outside pd Moda?

On chrono24 the only reference I see significantly softening is the 126610 Cermit. Full sets going for ~ 18000$
Old 21 July 2022, 12:18 AM   #473
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvar* View Post
Wow. When will we see these prices outside pd Moda?

On chrono24 the only reference I see significantly softening is the 126610 Cermit. Full sets going for ~ 18000$
Big grey's still holding the line to prevent further panic. I can't imagine the floodgates that'll open once C24, Bobs, or DavidSW start reflecting actual street prices...
Old 21 July 2022, 12:38 AM   #474
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
Big grey's still holding the line to prevent further panic. I can't imagine the floodgates that'll open once C24, Bobs, or DavidSW start reflecting actual street prices...
Correct. They have some months to play with, plenty of cash on reserve. They’re praying to all higher powers this corrects within the next few months otherwise when they start dropping prices significantly, it’s really going to bust wide open.
Old 21 July 2022, 12:48 AM   #475
dmash
"TRF" Member

2022 white Daytona, brand new, Full set, sitting unsold at 34.5k
Old 21 July 2022, 01:44 AM   #476
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Brand new unsized black Daytona (card 2 days old) at 29k. Sitting.

No bottom in sight - if I could short the secondary watch market I’d be going big.
Old 21 July 2022, 01:49 AM   #477
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Brand new unsized black Daytona (card 2 days old) at 29k. Sitting.

No bottom in sight - if I could short the secondary watch market I’d be going big.
Honestly, the only people I’ve spoke with who don’t think it will continue to drop, are people who paid high premiums and simply have wishful thinking. Some models have legitimately tanked 50% + in less than a couple months. That’s big $.

This is really about to test the stomach of some of those guys who promised they were ‘truly into horology’ and bought what they loved and not chasing trends. Which I’ve said since the get go, was all a fabrication of their mind and many guys were simply enamored with owning something they couldn’t have, not what they really liked. Same ones who hated the hulk all of the sudden liked it once it was rare? That doesn’t happen because your tastes change, it happens because you’re being duped (sometimes even unknowingly by your own brain).

Let’s see though!
Old 21 July 2022, 01:56 AM   #478
Bobcat Sig
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II, Exp Polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Honestly, the only people I’ve spoke with who don’t think it will continue to drop, are people who paid high premiums and simply have wishful thinking. Some models have legitimately tanked 50% + in less than a couple months. That’s big $. This is really about to test the stomach of some of those guys who promised they were ‘truly into horology’ and bought what they loved and not chasing trends.
I'm one... sort of.

My Exp II Polar Freccione came to me at a higher-than-MSRP price. And I'm ok with that. I'm also ok with its value dropping to near, or below MSRP. Why? Because I love watches and it's not about the monetary value - it's the intrinsic value.
Old 21 July 2022, 01:58 AM   #479
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:

What you really mean is that you're talking about only WoS Group AD's here, not the whole UK AD network. They can't "give them away" (or sell them) to anyone without a Group purchase history and also cannot sell to anyone who has already bought 2 Rolex's in a rolling 12 month period. But they can put them on display as "Exhibition Only" and that is not prohibited despite what your contacts might have told you....

Direct source is a friend who is a £1m+ spend VIP who these newly introduced (new ish CEO) rules at WoS will also apply to.
Old 21 July 2022, 01:59 AM   #480
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
I'm one... sort of.

My Exp II Polar Freccione came to me at a higher-than-MSRP price. And I'm ok with that. I'm also ok with its value dropping to near, or below MSRP. Why? Because I love watches and it's not about the monetary value - it's the intrinsic value.
100% my friend, not saying your kind doesn’t exist. I’m simply saying that there is a *large* population who is about to be done with watches as it was seen as nothing more than an IG flaunt and a possible additional investment account. Which with stocks, the case can be made to simply wait it out, as it’s a company with real value based on profits/output/etc. Watches are nothing more than luxury goods and it’s monetary worth is entirely based on how popular it is or isn’t….

But anyhow, back to values.

Black Daytona 2022, full set, brand new, $28.9k
Closed Thread