The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 March 2024, 12:12 AM   #451
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
My favorite watch

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Nice! I’ve been looking for the small seconds version. EWC has the time only version right now, which is tempting, but I really like your version. I bet it’s a strap monster too
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2024, 02:18 AM   #452
chunkythebulldog
"TRF" Member

IMG_7803.jpeg
chunkythebulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2024, 03:50 AM   #453
ap1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
Love this
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2024, 04:04 AM   #454
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2024, 02:08 PM   #455
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NardinNut View Post
Nice! I’ve been looking for the small seconds version. EWC has the time only version right now, which is tempting, but I really like your version. I bet it’s a strap monster too
There's one on sale on chrono 24. The best thing about this particular watch is the DLC coating stainless steel.

dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 05:27 AM   #456
Bmats

Love this dial. It’s more subtle than many, but it’s the perfect dress / business casual watch for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 10:10 AM   #457
PinKchampagnE
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats View Post
Love this dial. It’s more subtle than many, but it’s the perfect dress / business casual watch for me.
Looks good!
PinKchampagnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 10:18 AM   #458
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I agree. Looks great and it would fit in anywhere you need it to.

Here’s my daily:

usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 01:39 AM   #459
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Some Moser x Govberg 40mm Ti eye candy for anyone interested! Lots of additional macro footage of the movement and dial in the video.

thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 03:55 AM   #460
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
Some Moser x Govberg 40mm Ti eye candy for anyone interested! Lots of additional macro footage of the movement and dial in the video.

I've been seeing more and more of these show up in the secondary market. I'm also not sure they fully sold out in retail. Well, I guess that was months ago when I heard they may still be available at Govberg.

Were these bad sellers? Why are they showing up in the secondary so soon?
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 07:02 AM   #461
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

That is a super cool model. Interesting note about it, if you watch different videos, sometimes there is a tungsten rotor and sometimes there is a rose gold rotor. Tim Mosso actually mentions this in a video or two.

Old 8 March 2024, 10:43 AM   #462
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
That is a super cool model. Interesting note about it, if you watch different videos, sometimes there is a tungsten rotor and sometimes there is a rose gold rotor. Tim Mosso actually mentions this in a video or two.

Yeah, I didn't know there were different variants until the most recent Mosso video where he mentioned it. I think they were meant to get a rose gold rotor but a small set of them ended up with a tungsten rotor.
Old 8 March 2024, 10:51 AM   #463
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
I've been seeing more and more of these show up in the secondary market. I'm also not sure they fully sold out in retail. Well, I guess that was months ago when I heard they may still be available at Govberg.

Were these bad sellers? Why are they showing up in the secondary so soon?
I don't believe they're fully sold out at retail as I saw one still at Govberg when I was there last a couple of weeks ago. I don't think this release was advertised much (or at all?) and I only found out about it because of Tim Mosso's videos and then visiting the store to see it. It's been out on the market for over a year now, so seeing them show up on the secondary doesn't strike me as remarkable in anyway, specially when much newer releases (like the Salmon Streamliner) have already hit the secondary market too!
Old 8 March 2024, 10:53 AM   #464
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't know there were different variants until the most recent Mosso video where he mentioned it. I think they were meant to get a rose gold rotor but a small set of them ended up with a tungsten rotor.

That’s the way I understand it as well. Either way, it’s an amazing watch.

I am realizing that my grail watch is the Moser Pioneer Cylindrical Tourbillon. I’m sure not everyone’s cup of tea, but I find it absolutely amazing and stunning. Recently tried it on in Vegas.

Old 8 March 2024, 11:53 AM   #465
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
I believe there is 1 watch left as of last week. A great reference, perfect 40 mm for many . The micro adjustable bracelet (same as ALS ) is such a welcome addition.

Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 12:24 PM   #466
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
I am realizing that my grail watch is the Moser Pioneer Cylindrical Tourbillon. I’m sure not everyone’s cup of tea, but I find it absolutely amazing and stunning. Recently tried it on in Vegas.
Go for it! Is it me, or is there something about once you try on an H. Moser, it haunts you until you get one. Love my Heritage.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 01:01 PM   #467
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Go for it! Is it me, or is there something about once you try on an H. Moser, it haunts you until you get one. Love my Heritage.
Same here. Midnight blue Tourbillon has been my kryptonite
Old 8 March 2024, 02:29 PM   #468
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't believe they're fully sold out at retail as I saw one still at Govberg when I was there last a couple of weeks ago. I don't think this release was advertised much (or at all?) and I only found out about it because of Tim Mosso's videos and then visiting the store to see it. It's been out on the market for over a year now, so seeing them show up on the secondary doesn't strike me as remarkable in anyway, specially when much newer releases (like the Salmon Streamliner) have already hit the secondary market too!

It’s a great watch, a fine daily wearer. Excellent proportions, colors, materials, and build. Tough as nails. Not surprised if it’s not sold out. I don’t think it’s well known. And maybe not everyone’s cup of tea.

I bought one new from govberg a few months ago at a very fair discount. I reckon they get a few more every so often till the series runs out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Golden Palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 03:27 PM   #469
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

I can’t at the moment, but definitely something to strive for. I agree with your assessment. Moser has captivated me like very few other brands have. I feel similar about Omega sometimes, but what Moser does with their dials is really special to me. The colors and the very minimal branding and text is really right up my alley. Really lets the amazing watches and dials speak for themselves.

Old 9 March 2024, 12:00 AM   #470
gmtlove
"TRF" Member

Did anyone here place an order for the new Streamliner Perpetual Smoked Salmon? How would you rate the availability?
gmtlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 05:07 AM   #471
Chrasmus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtlove View Post
Did anyone here place an order for the new Streamliner Perpetual Smoked Salmon? How would you rate the availability?
I love the watch, but don’t understand why they made the month indicator red. To me, this detracts from an otherwise perfect watch.
Chrasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 12:40 PM   #472
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Old 9 March 2024, 07:49 PM   #473
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

The H. Moser Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrasmus View Post
I love the watch, but don’t understand why they made the month indicator red. To me, this detracts from an otherwise perfect watch.

Leftover parts from other model no doubt. Did love Moser but turning into simply color changing iterations and not necessarily product variance which is starting to approximate other brands out there. Ie Rolex. They are such a unique company and love the concepts but new models defined by only a color shift on dial even that used in other models as in this case is becoming a bit predictable. Historically they were somewhat careful to assign one color to a special model but now we are getting the same thing found in other brands that follows the a la carte order process. Choose model and choose color found in other models. .
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 11:29 PM   #474
ap1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliazzurri View Post
Leftover parts from other model no doubt. Did love Moser but turning into simply color changing iterations and not necessarily product variance which is starting to approximate other brands out there. Ie Rolex. They are such a unique company and love the concepts but new models defined by only a color shift on dial even that used in other models as in this case is becoming a bit predictable. Historically they were somewhat careful to assign one color to a special model but now we are getting the same thing found in other brands that follows the a la carte order process. Choose model and choose color found in other models. .
Ima fanboy but one comment I’d make on this is: what’s the point of the power reserve on the salmon perp SL with no scale. I have grey OG and LOVE it.
A counterpoint to your comments are the lovely new movement smaller SL with enamel dial and small secs. That’s a new model for sure and one I can’t wait to get my hands on.
Old 9 March 2024, 11:45 PM   #475
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliazzurri View Post

The new Streamliner small seconds has revised dimensions all round, small seconds (duh), and a new movement with micro rotor. And yes, it does have a new dial color, but it’s also textured and finished in grand feu enamel, which is a significant step up in awesomeness. If you’re only paying attention to the dial changes (which imo are also pretty cool), then I’d say perhaps you’re missing the boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Golden Palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 12:24 AM   #476
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Ima fanboy but one comment I’d make on this is: what’s the point of the power reserve on the salmon perp SL with no scale. I have grey OG and LOVE it.
A counterpoint to your comments are the lovely new movement smaller SL with enamel dial and small secs. That’s a new model for sure and one I can’t wait to get my hands on.
Power reserve should be on the back IMO. Prevents me from wanting to own one. Otherwise the grey perpetual would be in my collection.
Old 10 March 2024, 12:27 AM   #477
ap1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
Power reserve should be on the back IMO. Prevents me from wanting to own one. Otherwise the grey perpetual would be in my collection.

Regardless of where the pointer is one thing I’ll say is it’s definitely true that this bad boy pumps out like 3 days beyond stated PR

Old 10 March 2024, 04:46 AM   #478
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

I am careful to not criticize brands for not innovating as fast as we’d like. I actually enjoy it when brands “leave things alone” for a bit and stick to what they do best, then innovate or make incremental changes when it makes sense to do so and/or they’ve really figured out something new and unique. I’ve said this about Rolex and Omega too. One example is the Seamaster Diver 300. A lot of people talk about how they want an update and refresh with all these minor tweaks. I don’t. I say leave it the same for a bit. How does anything ever become and remain a classic if it’s constantly changed? I believe that may go against the definition of a classic. In this day and age people, in general and in my opinion, get what they want much too quickly and to their own detriment. We need to get back to a bit of delayed vs instant gratification. Geez I really went off script..

Here’s a Pioneer to keep things on track!

Old 10 March 2024, 08:20 AM   #479
Bmats

I wish the pioneer wasn’t 42mm, would totally get that.
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 09:48 AM   #480
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wish the pioneer wasn’t 42mm, would totally get that.

They’ve made a 40mm version now and will very likely be expanding the 40mm lineup very soon.

https://www.h-moser.com/product/pion...nds-3200-1217/

You must now buy one