The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 May 2015, 12:26 AM   #481
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
55???? Man that's a lot to choose from, it's incredible how in about 6 months a watch that I couldn't even imagine wearing if I was offered it, well apart the skull, Nadal, Watson and a few others, has gotten to me so much, even until a few days I didn't like the 011, but a member posted a pic of his where you see the depth of the dial and I must say it is amazing.

One thing though, when I look at C24 there seems to be 2 different movements, the usual one and one with GMT, is that correct or did they make a mistake?

For me the best I've seen is the Argentina model which I put a pic of here, love the black with blue, looks awesome, not sure if I could if I would get this one or a Watson or Nadal, maybe a W or N as they seem to wear and to be smaller than the 011.

Like an idiot I was so happy with my 5712 I thought I would never NEED/WANT another one, that if I got one it would really be to have a second one but that I could very well live without one, now I know that one day I will want to have one, was setting my sights on a Datograph 39mm, still would like one, but I think a RM has taken the first place in the wish list, followed by the Dato, the AP ceramic diver, and a 5711 blue dial, but that for the moment is in my dreams, might be possible when my kid leaves home, ok he's 6 so basically 18 years to wait if he goes to university Anyone looking to adopt a kid? He speaks french, understands and speaks some russian and a little english?
Attachment 623952
Yes the 011-02 is the dual time/GMT... at first sight you can see a bit more colorful dial.

For now there is 011-02 in titanium and rose gold. Chronopassion in Paris have the Ti, and Dubail have a rose gold.

Did you visited Paris RM boutique?... But be careful, you may want to sell all watches to buy a RM
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2015, 12:28 AM   #482
boursachi
"TRF" Member

If I may, I wish to touch on a few subjects in the aforementioned based on my extremely humble experience with RM.

I, too, was not sold on the RM11 between 2007 and 2011. This was because I have never actually seen let alone handle one in real life. It was always in pictures, and at that, press photos or in the sale section. Very rarely was I able to get my hands on a photo by an actual owner who took a photo of it in proper light at and at an angle with the purpose of trying to do it justice.

After going through many watches and many brands, I decided I wanted to investigate more into RM. This was more motivated by the research and time to really understand what the brand wanted to achieve, and here I found the connection between RM and APR&P.

Everything changed once I actually went into an AD and handled a number of RMs - mind you, NEVER an RM011 in Titanium.
I think it was a white St Tropez 11, a RG 30, a Ti 28, an all black carbon 11 and in the Dubai boutique, an RM029Ti and .. finally .. a "silver" 11 in the flesh, albeit it was WG.

This was in September 2013: the first time I got to see, handle, wear, flip and examine a proper RM11. I just knew it. This was it. I have seen the light.
It probably took me a further 8 to 10 months to actually find one I could buy, and I never looked back since.

Our friend Roger has been gracious during that period to correspond with me and when asked he mentioned how RM felt and looked on a different level to all APs. He was right. I now say the same to my friends who ask. But only my friends, as I do not like how conversations go when RM is brought up with people who are not THAT into horology.

For me, Ti was always the first and only choice with RM. The all-black of both carbon and alu-magnesium was too monochromatic and I have what would pass as a 'black' watch in my rotation.
The white ATZ of the 55 and the skeleton has caught my eye, but the connection to the 11 seeing as to big of a car nut I am was stronger.

Hence, it is the carbon anthracite in the 27-01, and the carbon NTPT that has really raised the bar for me.
I was wondering how I would react to when the carbon anthracite trickled down to the 11 in a version that would not alter the dial (colours and logos) too much. That has not happened. I am still eager!
The NTPT made it to the 11 but in editions that always changed the 11 and made it more 'branded'.

All that said and done, and given my previous mention of how I liked the skeleton of the 55, I find the 35-01 to have the perfect package: the 12 screw case, NTPT, beautiful movement and display, the perfect balance of sporty and classy (in the real world).

And just as with my 11 Ti hunt, I am yet to find and try a 35-01 in real life.
Until then, I will pray for RM to make the carbon anthracite case for the 11 as well as the new Quartz TPT in versions of the 11 that keep the dial as is in the original.
boursachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2015, 02:46 AM   #483
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMehta87 View Post
The RM-011s, standard or LE, are all chronograph and annual calendars. The RM-011-02 is a different model based off of the 11 that also includes the GMT function
Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Yes the 011-02 is the dual time/GMT... at first sight you can see a bit more colorful dial.

For now there is 011-02 in titanium and rose gold. Chronopassion in Paris have the Ti, and Dubail have a rose gold.

Did you visited Paris RM boutique?... But be careful, you may want to sell all watches to buy a RM
Well that's the problem, I think it's better I stay away from any RM boutique until I actually have the funds to buy one, I may be tortured with the envy of getting one.

In fact I have 3 watches on sale at the moment, Patek 5726 on strap, Pam 028, and Blancpain L-Evolution alarm GMT, basically 50K worth, and if I sold my 5712 on top of these 3 sure I could get a 011, but I need the money from the first 3 for something else and selling my 5712 is something I really don't think I could do, I just incredibly love this watch, for me in the SS, thin, comfort range I think it's really hard to beat, but I think a RM will definitely be one day in the stable, I think I would prefer a B Watson or R Nadal to a 011, but until you see them in real it's hard to say which one I will prefer, apart from a RM I would also like to have the AP ceramic diver and a Lange Datograph, I prefer the looks of the 39 to the 41 but maybe the 41 is better balanced diameter/thicknes, as are Pams, the 44mm are well balanced whereas the 40mm seem way too thick
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2015, 04:42 AM   #484
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boursachi View Post

And just as with my 11 Ti hunt, I am yet to find and try a 35-01 in real life.
Until then, I will pray for RM to make the carbon anthracite case for the 11 as well as the new Quartz TPT in versions of the 11 that keep the dial as is in the original.
Nice write up and couldn't agree more with those that have not tried on RM. If you don't try it on you will never know. Once you do, and if you love sports watches, you will be hard pressed to not want one. RM011 Ti is certainly my choice as well and my favorite watch
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2015, 06:59 AM   #485
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Nice write up and couldn't agree more with those that have not tried on RM. If you don't try it on you will never know. Once you do, and if you love sports watches, you will be hard pressed to not want one. RM011 Ti is certainly my choice as well and my favorite watch
Paul that's why I don't want to go to a boutique, I am starting to have a real crave for them just seeing the pics you guys are posting and chrono 24 and the RM website, I have a feeling that if I try one, as I do love sport watches, that I'm going to be obsessed by getting one, no need to go from the "desire" stage that I am now in, to the "agony" stage that will probably be the case if I see them in real, will go when and only when I have the funds to eventually get one
Old 26 May 2015, 01:47 PM   #486
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Well that's the problem, I think it's better I stay away from any RM boutique until I actually have the funds to buy one, I may be tortured with the envy of getting one.
For me it was the il opposite. I tried a RM at my AD while waiting for a watch they just serviced and I immediately understood what is the difference between a nice watch like my Daytona and a top class watch. Knowing that I will never be able to afford one it just gave me a sense of peace: since then I've never had a single moment of urge to buy another watch and I'm a single watch wearer since then. Eighteen months and counting.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2015, 04:22 PM   #487
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
For me it was the il opposite. I tried a RM at my AD while waiting for a watch they just serviced and I immediately understood what is the difference between a nice watch like my Daytona and a top class watch. Knowing that I will never be able to afford one it just gave me a sense of peace: since then I've never had a single moment of urge to buy another watch and I'm a single watch wearer since then. Eighteen months and counting.
Well the problem for me is that by flipping my 5712, thing I really never want to do as I LOVE this watch, and stretching my budget, I could get one of the lower priced models, in fact I could even go up to 80K, which means I would flip my 5712, unthinkable but when you're crazy about something anything can happen, and I don't want it to happen, and the money I have aside and that of the sale of my watches, have 3 on sale, will bring, I could go for a 80K piece, but that would be COMPLETELY crazy, but I've done crazy things before, wouldn't be the first time, that's why I need to stay away from any RM boutique unless I have the funds to get one and it won't put me in a difficult financial position
Old 26 May 2015, 05:53 PM   #488
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Well the problem for me is that by flipping my 5712, thing I really never want to do as I LOVE this watch, and stretching my budget, I could get one of the lower priced models, in fact I could even go up to 80K, which means I would flip my 5712, unthinkable but when you're crazy about something anything can happen, and I don't want it to happen, and the money I have aside and that of the sale of my watches, have 3 on sale, will bring, I could go for a 80K piece, but that would be COMPLETELY crazy, but I've done crazy things before, wouldn't be the first time, that's why I need to stay away from any RM boutique unless I have the funds to get one and it won't put me in a difficult financial position
You seem to be very focused towards RM and for 80K you will find lots of opportunity to buy a pre-loved Titanium RM11, maybe never worn. I'd love to be in your position
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2015, 10:15 PM   #489
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
11 cool
39 sub-zero
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (84.3 KB, 727 views)
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2015, 12:10 AM   #490
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
You seem to be very focused towards RM and for 80K you will find lots of opportunity to buy a pre-loved Titanium RM11, maybe never worn. I'd love to be in your position
Fabio my friend, I am very very far from getting a RM, I like them more and more but for one to be on my wrist it will take a lot of time, as it's not the only watch I would like to have, there's also a ceramic AP ROO, a 39mm Datograph, and yes if it's one day possible I would really like a RM, took me a lot of time to warm up to them, but now I am hot but that's a good thing, at first I didn't like the 5711/5712 at all, found the ears to be really strange, but my 5712 is for me the best piece as a one and only watch, same for the ROO ceramic pieces, for a long time I only was interested in RO pieces, now I prefer ROO's

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
11 cool
39 sub-zero
Well I'm having trouble selling a Pam 028 BNIB and a Blancpain BNIB also that I am selling for 55% of it's retail price, so I can imagine that at those price ranges and special pieces like RM which are clearly not for everyone, it's quite hard to sell, I always take into account resale, except on the Blancpain but I got it for 45% of the retail price, because say what you want but the day you get tired of them if you can't find a buyer and need the cash for something, a new watch or other, that sucks, good luck on the sale Roger
Old 27 May 2015, 02:32 AM   #491
boursachi
"TRF" Member

out in the wild, this thing is beautiful

Question on the straps:
do these velcro straps fit on the 11? i've seen the red and the black on the 35-01
the yellow on the 59-01 and now this orange on the 27-02
Old 27 May 2015, 09:11 AM   #492
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well I'm having trouble selling a Pam 028 BNIB and a Blancpain BNIB also that I am selling for 55% of it's retail price, so I can imagine that at those price ranges and special pieces like RM which are clearly not for everyone, it's quite hard to sell, I always take into account resale, except on the Blancpain but I got it for 45% of the retail price, because say what you want but the day you get tired of them if you can't find a buyer and need the cash for something, a new watch or other, that sucks, good luck on the sale Roger
Highly unlikely I will sell the 39 unless I get a sensible offer. The 28 Marcus edition will be sold though. RM resale is actually not bad at all if you buy well and a popular model. I have lost far more selling certain other brands.
Old 27 May 2015, 11:02 AM   #493
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
RM resale is actually not bad at all if you buy well and a popular model. I have lost far more selling certain other brands.
Bingo
Old 28 May 2015, 09:07 AM   #494
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boursachi View Post
out in the wild, this thing is beautiful

Question on the straps:
do these velcro straps fit on the 11? i've seen the red and the black on the 35-01
the yellow on the 59-01 and now this orange on the 27-02
Don't know but I understand this is made of quartz and the price is really tough on your budget, but it's nice, prefer rubber straps though on RM
Old 28 May 2015, 03:21 PM   #495
grnman
"TRF" Member

Watch: watch what?
Lapince I have a AP ROO 26401 ceramic you can make me an offer on. I want to move onto a RM at some point.
grnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2015, 09:51 PM   #496
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnman View Post
Lapince I have a AP ROO 26401 ceramic you can make me an offer on. I want to move onto a RM at some point.
Love my 26401, but it does find itself to be a gateway to the RM very easily
Old 29 May 2015, 03:18 AM   #497
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mate, I would love to be able to but at the moment my available money is destined for our moving out of France and starting a new business, and the fact that you're out of the EU would mean I would add 19.8% on the indicated price, which is necessary because we would want to insure the shipment, that means either it would be not good for you or not good for me, but thanks for the proposition, hope will have the possibility when I get the funds, always wanted a ceramic piece and until now it's probably the coolest I saw
Old 29 May 2015, 08:37 PM   #498
grnman
"TRF" Member

Watch: watch what?
Don't worry about taxes, its easy to ship without taxes, but just thought id offer none the less. ill keep it safe until you come to the dark side. Or maybe we can have a joint RM incoming thread in the future.

i have worn the carbon ceramic 44mm before also. pretty nice as well but i cant give a long term test report as ive heard some carbon defect stories.
grnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 03:25 AM   #499
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don't worry about taxes, its easy to ship without taxes, but just thought id offer none the less. ill keep it safe until you come to the dark side. Or maybe we can have a joint RM incoming thread in the future.

i have worn the carbon ceramic 44mm before also. pretty nice as well but i cant give a long term test report as ive heard some carbon defect stories.
It's very hard to stay on the jedi side of the force here, there are evil forces pulling you non stop to the dark side, and the dark side is very tempting
Old 30 May 2015, 11:07 PM   #500
conkers
"TRF" Member

This I am liking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (79.2 KB, 548 views)
Old 30 May 2015, 11:14 PM   #501
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This I am liking!
YES! Dual time--DO IT ROGER!!!

That RG is

Here is the Ti version:
Old 30 May 2015, 11:44 PM   #502
conkers
"TRF" Member

I would have pulled the trigger had the price been more sensible. It was in an RM Boutique hence meagre discounting. Also, the premium over the standard 11 for the GMT function is pretty crazy IMHO. In HK, the RG model is 50% more expensive than the standard 11 RG. HKD968k vs HKD1.441m list prices.
Old 30 May 2015, 11:50 PM   #503
el1125
Banned

Quote:
This I am liking!
Very nice. Agree very expensive too!
el1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 11:51 PM   #504
el1125
Banned

Quote:
YES! Dual time--DO IT ROGER!!!

That RG is

Here is the Ti version:
Love it!
el1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 11:54 PM   #505
texex91
"TRF" Member

Ti version is a $45k premium over non-GMT in US...but maybe worth it for a global traveler.

My AD got his in this week...it's tempting, but don't travel that much anymore.

Also, I do like the month window called out.
Old 31 May 2015, 07:38 AM   #506
boursachi
"TRF" Member

the GMT is cool, i think out in the real world those colours on the dial will add a lot of character
but price is a bit far fetched, i agree with you gentlemen

if it was coupled with a different case, like NTPT along with the movement, then perhaps it would have made a lot more sense - in the RM sense of the word sense ;)
Old 31 May 2015, 12:43 PM   #507
conkers
"TRF" Member

I think I'd be keener to pull the trigger if I didn't already have the new movement in my 39, as it is, I will wait for them to trickle through to ADs rather than Boutiques, where sensible pricing is more likely.
Old 1 June 2015, 03:25 AM   #508
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ti version is a $45k premium over non-GMT in US...but maybe worth it for a global traveler.

Well I would get a normal 011, and with the 45K left buy a very nice GMT watch , like a WG pepsi, best of both worlds IMO
Old 1 June 2015, 08:05 AM   #509
AMCK87
Banned

Quote:

An even more ridiculous 60k premium when comparing RG versions! I'm sure the residual value on the 11-02 is much weaker than the 11 as well. Like Arnaud suggested, would rather pair a standard 11 with a WG Pepsi or Patek 5990/5130 and have some lunch money left over!
AMCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 10:58 AM   #510
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMehta87 View Post
An even more ridiculous 60k premium when comparing RG versions! I'm sure the residual value on the 11-02 is much weaker than the 11 as well. Like Arnaud suggested, would rather pair a standard 11 with a WG Pepsi or Patek 5990/5130 and have some lunch money left over!
I always understand paying a premium for PM or complication, but in some cases, like this one, no, with the 45K you can get an awesome watch at Rolex in PM, or a 5164 or almost any dual time from most high end brands, or an AP ROO, there are super ones around 45K

Tags
011 , 011-03 , 035 , 035-02 , richard mille