The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 20 December 2008, 03:05 AM   #511
tonettem

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjr71 View Post
Great post! I am not from the Philippines but I am Filipino-American born and raised in New York, and my Wife, Myself and 2 young Children (5 yrs and 16mos)will be there for vacation next month. We will be staying in Makati (Rockwell) for 2 weeks then Boracay for a week (Regency Hotel), and lastly Cebu & Dumaguete for one week. My Wife was born and raised in the Philippines but for me this will only be my third time there, my first time as an adult, and the first time with my Wife and kids. Any suggestions on what to see and do would be much appreciated. Where would one go to check out some nice watches? I'm in the market for a Panerai Pam 00292 Radiomir Black Seal if anyone knows where I might find one.

Thanks.
First off, Rockwell is a very nice place and the Powerplant Mall in Rockwell should be one of your staples for malling. Check out Chronos (subsidiary of Lucerne) and Washington for watches but they don't carry Panerai. Next on your mall list is Greenbelt which is a stone's throw away from Rockwell. Visit Greenbelt 3, 4 and 5.

The Regency Hotel in Boracay is right in the middle of the Boracay strip so if you're the type who likes constant activity, you're in the right spot. Don't miss out the island hopping, para sailing and the other water activities in Boracay. You'll love it!
tonettem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2008, 01:04 AM   #512
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 SUBMARINER Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonettem View Post
First off, Rockwell is a very nice place and the Powerplant Mall in Rockwell should be one of your staples for malling. Check out Chronos (subsidiary of Lucerne) and Washington for watches but they don't carry Panerai. Next on your mall list is Greenbelt which is a stone's throw away from Rockwell. Visit Greenbelt 3, 4 and 5.

The Regency Hotel in Boracay is right in the middle of the Boracay strip so if you're the type who likes constant activity, you're in the right spot. Don't miss out the island hopping, para sailing and the other water activities in Boracay. You'll love it!
Wow this keeps me missing the philippines guys....
Old 21 December 2008, 01:26 AM   #513
boyet

Watch: Sub ND
Quote:

I agree all of the above. when in Cebu almost the same as Boracay beaches, with bonus of malls and great restaurants.
boyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2008, 01:30 AM   #514
boyet

Quote:
Thanks Boyet! Yes I'm also into photography and I believe so are you.

Ah so you've rounded up your GMT roster already. The GMT IIc is a really nice addition, something about the ceramic that makes it tick. You can dress it up or dress it down and it wouldn't skip a bit.

That's it! I'm talking to my AD tomorrow about the IIc!
Tryng hard photographer, I am
GMT Master, my favorite among the Rollies
Subs, 2nd, 3rd Daytona
Always prefer SS, though I have 2 TTs, a Bluesy and a Rootbeer( now sequestered by the wifey)
My Expy II has been resized recently to fit the small wrist of my daughter(who I think is following the addiction)
Old 21 December 2008, 11:33 AM   #515
ral

@Washington Jewelry Mall of Asia

116400 (Black)
116400 (White)
116400 GV

At their at the display Window. I guess demand for these watches has slowed down a lot.
ral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2008, 02:04 PM   #516
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Hey ral how much they are selling??
Old 21 December 2008, 03:24 PM   #517
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

You guys hear Manny V Hatton on May 2nd? It's almost finalized, should be a good bout. Probably the prelude to Manny V Mayweather, assuming Manny beats Hatton.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2008, 03:29 PM   #518
tonettem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
Hey ral how much they are selling??
I only asked about the GV, retail price is less than P500k.
Old 21 December 2008, 03:34 PM   #519
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
You guys hear Manny V Hatton on May 2nd? It's almost finalized, should be a good bout. Probably the prelude to Manny V Mayweather, assuming Manny beats Hatton.
Thats what i heard too.. but i think this fight has a lot of politics involve...
Old 21 December 2008, 03:35 PM   #520
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Quote:
I only asked about the GV, retail price is less than P500k.
Wow..kinda expensive too huh....
Old 21 December 2008, 04:04 PM   #521
chenx15
"TRF" Member

wow milgauss gv 500k sobrang mahal dyan sa pinas! di ba kayo apektado ng recession?
chenx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2008, 09:15 PM   #522
tonettem

Yup prices here are high so better source outside. Actual SRP of GV is P480k so you still get a discount especially if you're a favored client.

About recession, well, it's the Christmas season so all the malls are packed with people doing their last minute gift shopping. Traffic is terrible here nowadays so it's better to plan your schedule early so you won't get caught wasting your time on the street. I don't see any recession here now.

Let's see next year. I'm hoping for the best though.
Old 21 December 2008, 09:52 PM   #523
boyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
Thats what i heard too.. but i think this fight has a lot of politics involve...
Politics, AND BUSINESS(kinda a risky in nature), Pacman is a hot commodity, and sorrounded by oppotunists(like a chunk of meat floating on a school of hungry sharks).
Old 21 December 2008, 09:57 PM   #524
boyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
wow milgauss gv 500k sobrang mahal dyan sa pinas! di ba kayo apektado ng recession?
Apektado din, but you know our culture, maski paano basta enjoy lang.
Old 21 December 2008, 10:12 PM   #525
boyet

Quote:
Yup prices here are high so better source outside. Actual SRP of GV is P480k so you still get a discount especially if you're a favored client.

About recession, well, it's the Christmas season so all the malls are packed with people doing their last minute gift shopping. Traffic is terrible here nowadays so it's better to plan your schedule early so you won't get caught wasting your time on the street. I don't see any recession here now.

Let's see next year. I'm hoping for the best though.
I think ADs are flooded, last night my AD offered M Serial SS Daytona, 480k for White and 500k for Black,(have a feeling they still can lower it down). Milgauss' and Daytonas are'nt displayed.
With todays economy, (even if I have the recources, which I do not have)I'd rather pass and save my money.
Old 22 December 2008, 12:38 AM   #526
bbjr71
Banned

Watch: SS Daytona
Quote:

Thank you Tonettem...can't wait to go. As far as saftey is concerned is it really dangerous to wear a Rolex (or any expensive watch or Jewelry) when your out on the town in Manila? Everytime my Wife goes home she tells me that she always leaves her Rolex's and jewelry in our condo or in the hotel when she goes out with her cousins and friends. I always wear one of my watches no matter where I go when I'm home in New York and I've never had a problem, (knock on wood) but I wouldn't want to jeopardize the saftey of my family being that I'm not all that farmiliar with Philippines.

Thank you.
bbjr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2008, 02:32 AM   #527
cars4life

Watch: GMT IIc
Quote:
Thank you Tonettem...can't wait to go. As far as saftey is concerned is it really dangerous to wear a Rolex (or any expensive watch or Jewelry) when your out on the town in Manila? Everytime my Wife goes home she tells me that she always leaves her Rolex's and jewelry in our condo or in the hotel when she goes out with her cousins and friends. I always wear one of my watches no matter where I go when I'm home in New York and I've never had a problem, (knock on wood) but I wouldn't want to jeopardize the saftey of my family being that I'm not all that farmiliar with Philippines.

Thank you.
IMO, 90% or criminals in the PI don't know which is a real rolex. Wear your SS and that will significantly lower your risks but here are some more chances of getting robbed or mugged in PI:

1. A person unable to speak filipino...but looks like one
2. Gold/blingy watches seems to be more appealing for criminals
3. People who are not familiar with a place or crowd

As a fellow TRF'er, For you to really enjoy visiting places in PI, I recommend just to keep your rolex home and just wear it to places you are already familiar with.
cars4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2008, 01:51 PM   #528
jdH
"TRF" Member

GV only 420k with my ad
jdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2008, 02:01 PM   #529
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdH View Post
GV only 420k with my ad
Wow....msrp is $6250 right?? X 50=310,000 pesos...
Old 22 December 2008, 02:04 PM   #530
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4life View Post
IMO, 90% or criminals in the PI don't know which is a real rolex. Wear your SS and that will significantly lower your risks but here are some more chances of getting robbed or mugged in PI:

1. A person unable to speak filipino...but looks like one
2. Gold/blingy watches seems to be more appealing for criminals
3. People who are not familiar with a place or crowd

As a fellow TRF'er, For you to really enjoy visiting places in PI, I recommend just to keep your rolex home and just wear it to places you are already familiar with.
what i heard is most criminals steal cell phones and laptops more than watches...with a lot of fakes sold in Greenhills they will be end up getting a fake one...i say have your watch insured..and wear it anywhere..if it gets stollen then you get more of your money..i dont know if insurance for watch is available in the Phil.
Old 22 December 2008, 04:34 PM   #531
nvv

Quote:

Thank you.
Hi, would agree with Chris and Oscar that thieves here would not pay much attention to watches especially if its SS. Believe they would rather go for gold jewelry and cellphones as they are much easier to dispose and sell quickly. Wore my only watch for more than 10yrs (GMT II) and have had no problems.

I would suggest that you leave the expensive stuff at home so as not to worry about anything being stolen while you enjoy your vacation. Best to be on the safe side

Enjoy you stay while you're here and wishing you and everyone here a Merry Christmas!
nvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2008, 04:37 PM   #532
chenx15
"TRF" Member

you won't need your rolex to enjoy pinas. try to be simple there. any sign of extravaganz may put you in harms way.
chenx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2008, 08:40 PM   #533
tonettem

It is quite safe to walk around Greenbelt 3,4,5 and Rockwell wearing your Rolex. You would even see APs and VCs worn by mallers there. I wear my SD whenever I go to Boracay and I haven't had any problems.

Now walking with your Rolex in other areas like Divisoria or Quiapo (bargain shopping places) is another matter altogether. If you have doubts, then better leave the watch and enjoy your vacation.
Old 23 December 2008, 03:46 PM   #534
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyet View Post
Apektado din, but you know our culture, maski paano basta enjoy lang.
I love this....even the poorest family in our country is so happy as long the whole family are intact...in reality people that has money have more problems than them...
Old 23 December 2008, 03:48 PM   #535
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Quote:
It is quite safe to walk around Greenbelt 3,4,5 and Rockwell wearing your Rolex. You would even see APs and VCs worn by mallers there. I wear my SD whenever I go to Boracay and I haven't had any problems.

Now walking with your Rolex in other areas like Divisoria or Quiapo (bargain shopping places) is another matter altogether. If you have doubts, then better leave the watch and enjoy your vacation.
I agree... actually in the philippines expensive stuff only worn in speacial occasions...not like here int the US...
Old 23 December 2008, 03:59 PM   #536
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just got my Christmas present from my girl....i just want to share it with you.... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02412.jpg (39.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02413.jpg (39.6 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02414.jpg (26.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02418.jpg (65.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02419.jpg (54.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02427.jpg (65.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02428.jpg (63.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02426.jpg (82.8 KB, 84 views)
Old 23 December 2008, 08:16 PM   #537
cars4life

Watch: GMT IIc
Grats!!! Very nice combo oscar!! love your new girl...err..Daytona hehe.
cars4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2008, 10:02 PM   #538
tonettem

Wow! Nice gift Oscar! Mukhang masaya holiday mo ngayon.
Old 23 December 2008, 11:30 PM   #539
boyet

Kabayang Oscar, ganda watch mo pre. I'm sure your Christmas will be complete, noche buena with the GF and new Daytona(in that oreder of course).
Congrats pre

MERRY CHRISTMAS "MGA KABABAYAN" &TO ALL
Old 23 December 2008, 11:58 PM   #540
boyet

bbjr71

Don't spoil your wife's and yourself's Christmas vacation because of fear gettig mugged or robbed. If not comfy on wearing it, why compromise your happiness. After all Rolex watch can't make the Holidays any difference.

As Chenx 15 said, and i quote;
"you won't need your rolex to enjoy pinas. try to be simple there. any sign of extravaganz may put you in harms way."

(mukhang kawawa tuloy bayan natin)