The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 21 July 2022, 10:45 AM   #511
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

126610lv just sold for 15.7k on MODA. Timberrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 July 2022, 10:50 AM   #512
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Just wait. Absolutely crazy to buy grey right now in my opinion, don’t catch the falling knife. Worst case it stabilizes, not like it’s going to pop back up immediately.

How about ask prices on rose gold VC overseas?
Old 21 July 2022, 10:51 AM   #513
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 41 Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
126610lv just sold for 15.7k on MODA. Timberrr

Meanwhile, DavidSW still has two listed for 22k, lol. I bet he wouldn't even offer half of that right now to a flipper
Old 21 July 2022, 10:52 AM   #514
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMillennial View Post
Meanwhile, DavidSW still has two listed for 22k, lol. I bet he wouldn't even offer half of that right now to a flipper

Not sure what the hold up with DavidSW is? I guess he’ll rather let them collect dust before he sells at a loss?

Old 21 July 2022, 10:53 AM   #515
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Which is fantastic. Once big greys can only offer retail (or less) on a watch, the flippability is completely gone, even for the most small fry of flippers who would utilize hours and hours of their time for a mere $500-$1000 profit. We’re getting close to a much bigger fall in my opinion. We’ll see though!
Old 21 July 2022, 10:55 AM   #516
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
Not sure what the hold up with DavidSW is? I guess he’ll rather let them collect dust before he sells at a loss?

Because all the big name greys are holding up the entire market. Can you imagine the panic if everybody in the nation sees places like DavidSW, Bobs, Chrono24 all asking $16k for that? It would be a decimation as everybody runs for the doors who isn’t here for the long haul. Which would in turn, further drive down prices as they have to ask less than the greys, then there will be competition amongst private sellers, this can fall way faster than we’ve witnessed thus far.

They’ve got cash on reserve and hoping/praying that this is temporary for a few months. Which it very well could be, however I doubt it. At some point they’ll have to liquidate and minimize losses if it continues. Their current offers on watches (and non-offers on some model period) says all you need though…..they’re preparing for a further downtrend.

Again, my 2c, but it’s pretty obvious
Old 21 July 2022, 11:00 AM   #517
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
How about ask prices on rose gold VC overseas?

That’s what I want too.
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 21 July 2022, 11:00 AM   #518
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat#7208 View Post
https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...es-9?locale=en

Worth keeping an eye on some of these if you're interested in real market values. In HKD yes, but indicative nonetheless.
Don’t forget to add the massive 25% buyer’s fees to the final price.
Old 21 July 2022, 11:01 AM   #519
trojanrolex
"TRF" Member

26420IO just sold for under retail.
Old 21 July 2022, 11:10 AM   #520
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Richemont's latest financials showed -37% YOY for China, -12% YOY in June even after the lockdowns ended. No sales surge, no pent up demand, no revenge shopping and they predict China will continue to under perform for the rest of the year. China is not coming back, it is not going to save the market when it "reopens".

Even worse, the US market was the strongest market so even with the price drops we've already seen, demand here is strong relative to global markets. Strong market and strong currency, I expect we'll see more supply come into the US from other markets and more price pressure.
Old 21 July 2022, 11:14 AM   #521
Incroyable12
"TRF" Member

Many hype watches didn't sell at yesterday's Antiquorum auction--things like vintage Royal Oak Jumbos, etc. The Langes and FPJs also seemed weak.

https://catalog.antiquorum.swiss/en/...july_2022/lots
Old 21 July 2022, 11:19 AM   #522
Radbloke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
Richemont's latest financials showed -37% YOY for China, -12% YOY in June even after the lockdowns ended. No sales surge, no pent up demand, no revenge shopping and they predict China will continue to under perform for the rest of the year. China is not coming back, it is not going to save the market when it "reopens".

Even worse, the US market was the strongest market so even with the price drops we've already seen, demand here is strong relative to global markets. Strong market and strong currency, I expect we'll see more supply come into the US from other markets and more price pressure.
Not only that, China is currently experiencing a slow-motion collapse of their housing industry. When people are carrying out mortgage strikes en mass due to developers failing to build housing projects, there are far bigger things on people's minds than a hot new shiny rolex.
Old 21 July 2022, 11:24 AM   #523
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 41 Date
Quote:
Which is fantastic. Once big greys can only offer retail (or less) on a watch, the flippability is completely gone, even for the most small fry of flippers who would utilize hours and hours of their time for a mere $500-$1000 profit. We’re getting close to a much bigger fall in my opinion. We’ll see though!

There's a bit of a tell on his pages when you sort by Date.

Using SS Subs/GMTs as an example, it was as recent as March or April where his site still had lots of watches listed with warranty dates no older than a month or three earlier, presumably because they were bought and flipped in short order.

Now if you look at his selection on current models where a date is provided:

124060: June 2021
126610LN: April 2021
126610LV: September 2021
126710BLNR: October 2021
126710BLNR: December 2021
126710BLRO: June 2018
126710BLRO: March 2022
126710BLRO: July 2021
126710BLRO: September 2018

Notice a pattern here? Besides the one watch from March of this year, when the market was still at an all time high, these models are all from 2021 or before! The sale of new models in that span is conspicuously absent from DavidSW, so he's either not making offers for them or the flipping of them from ADs to him has become unprofitable because of the offers he's putting out there. He doesn't list when he acquired the watches above, but presumably they are from end users as I imagine most flippers aren't holding on to pieces for months/years.

This was not the case as of six months ago! There were plenty of watches with dates that weren't but a month or two old, presumably when there was still much profit to be made in flipping them
Old 21 July 2022, 11:32 AM   #524
pjaffe
"TRF" Member

I just can’t stop laughing at his BLRO for $34k. A BNIB one is about to sell on Moda (auction) for $19k.
Old 21 July 2022, 12:03 PM   #525
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Some TRF trusted sellers have to be holding out for people who have never heard of any dealers but them, hoping they will just buy at their price without checking elsewhere. The delta between them and what even big dealers like EWC are asking is laughable at this point.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
Old 21 July 2022, 12:14 PM   #526
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjaffe View Post
I just can’t stop laughing at his BLRO for $34k. A BNIB one is about to sell on Moda (auction) for $19k.

Maybe it's a 2 pack
Old 21 July 2022, 12:17 PM   #527
Incroyable12
"TRF" Member

Someone got a great deal on that WG Patek 5146 for only $27k.
Old 21 July 2022, 12:31 PM   #528
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Because all the big name greys are holding up the entire market. Can you imagine the panic if everybody in the nation sees places like DavidSW, Bobs, Chrono24 all asking $16k for that? It would be a decimation as everybody runs for the doors who isn’t here for the long haul. Which would in turn, further drive down prices as they have to ask less than the greys, then there will be competition amongst private sellers, this can fall way faster than we’ve witnessed thus far.

They’ve got cash on reserve and hoping/praying that this is temporary for a few months. Which it very well could be, however I doubt it. At some point they’ll have to liquidate and minimize losses if it continues. Their current offers on watches (and non-offers on some model period) says all you need though…..they’re preparing for a further downtrend.

I wish there was a like button on this forum. This statement make 100% sense to me.
Old 21 July 2022, 12:32 PM   #529
Incroyable12
"TRF" Member

Moda is also a wholesale group so most buyers don't have access to that kind of pricing.
Old 21 July 2022, 12:35 PM   #530
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incroyable12 View Post
Moda is also a wholesale group so most buyers don't have access to that kind of pricing.
Can anyone purchase these watches on MODA, or do you need to be a dealer?
Old 21 July 2022, 12:36 PM   #531
JRedford
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Anyone.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Old 21 July 2022, 12:36 PM   #532
pursang_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Yes, you see enthusiast buyers routinely.
Old 21 July 2022, 12:40 PM   #533
dmash
"TRF" Member

SD43, watch only, $13.3k

Cheaper than MSRP + tax
Old 21 July 2022, 12:55 PM   #534
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There's a bit of a tell on his pages when you sort by Date.

Using SS Subs/GMTs as an example, it was as recent as March or April where his site still had lots of watches listed with warranty dates no older than a month or three earlier, presumably because they were bought and flipped in short order.

Now if you look at his selection on current models where a date is provided:

124060: June 2021
126610LN: April 2021
126610LV: September 2021
126710BLNR: October 2021
126710BLNR: December 2021
126710BLRO: June 2018
126710BLRO: March 2022
126710BLRO: July 2021
126710BLRO: September 2018

Notice a pattern here? Besides the one watch from March of this year, when the market was still at an all time high, these models are all from 2021 or before! The sale of new models in that span is conspicuously absent from DavidSW, so he's either not making offers for them or the flipping of them from ADs to him has become unprofitable because of the offers he's putting out there. He doesn't list when he acquired the watches above, but presumably they are from end users as I imagine most flippers aren't holding on to pieces for months/years.

This was not the case as of six months ago! There were plenty of watches with dates that weren't but a month or two old, presumably when there was still much profit to be made in flipping them

Wow great work. That’s pretty telling to me… I mean it’s already pretty obvious

Old 21 July 2022, 12:58 PM   #535
SBR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjaffe View Post
Too funny, I also get a good laugh when sellers put "priced at only" and it's at least 25% above market. Lot's of people born at night but not last night lol.
Old 21 July 2022, 01:08 PM   #536
Andy0331
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

I've seen a few anomalies on David's site where an "identical" watch is listed significantly lower than others. My guess is that when they've got multiple duplicates, they will drop one & let it get snatched away, wait a few days/weeks, then drop another; this will help keep their prices propped up in the short term. There's really no good way to manage the downturn with so much inventory, but holding it all until people rush the exits is worse in the long run.

I like David & the staff I've met & expect they will survive just fine, even if they're forced to take some losses in the near term. They did fine before everything went nuts & should have a decent cash hoard from the increased margins.
Old 21 July 2022, 01:09 PM   #537
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by eijiboy View Post
Price drop on panda from 34500 to 33900. We finally reached 33k
do you realize how crazy that sounds? That's a $11K retail watch .. We are still talking massive demand vs supply..
Old 21 July 2022, 01:40 PM   #538
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
do you realize how crazy that sounds? That's a $11K retail watch .. We are still talking massive demand vs supply..
Well, it’s a $14550 watch, but I get your point
Old 21 July 2022, 01:41 PM   #539
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
It was knocking on $50k a couple months ago
Daytona has historically always sold over retail
The price is less telling that the drop
Old 21 July 2022, 01:52 PM   #540
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
SD43, watch only, $13.3k

Cheaper than MSRP + tax
it comes with card but no box and tags though. 2019
Closed Thread