The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 November 2023, 02:43 PM   #31
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopro View Post
That Streamliner Perpetual has a great fit on you. It would be cool if they made that perpetual in the green, but honestly that grey dial is more versatile.

Thanks for sharing! H. Moser & Cie is really intriguing. Definitely on my next to consider list, but not sure if I could pull any of them off with my 6.5" wrist.

Quote:
That Streamliner Perpetual has a great fit on you. It would be cool if they made that perpetual in the green, but honestly that grey dial is more versatile.

Thanks for sharing! H. Moser & Cie is really intriguing. Definitely on my next to consider list, but not sure if I could pull any of them off with my 6.5" wrist.

Thanks! I was and am interested in the green, and interested to see what comes next. Incidentally I’d say that if a sub or 40mm day date works for you then the 40mm Streamliner or pioneer would make you happy. I recently was considering this very choice and the Streamliner was sold while the seller offered a very fair discount on a new 40mm titanium pioneer which I am happy to say I purchased. Streamliner is still on the menu, probably more so now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golden Palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 02:50 PM   #32
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Love those Moser watches. I'm curious, though: am I the only reader who noticed the snip-toe tip of the stars & stripes boot and hopes to see the whole boot?

Good eye my friend. These would be the ‘Chicks Dig Stars’ boots from Heritage Boot Company in 1 of my other favorite towns Austin Tx

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryol...right-now/amp/

https://www.heritageboot.com

Old 12 November 2023, 02:51 PM   #33
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

The heel …

Old 12 November 2023, 11:46 PM   #34
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Palomino View Post
Honestly I tried it on mainly so I could get my head around the fit relative to the 40mm and so I could check out the movement. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would and I’ve been thinking about it too much since.
Assuming you mean H. Moser, the same thing happened to me until finally getting it. Just get it, you KNOW it'll haunt you otherwise.

i gave in and am VERY happy i did!

Heritage_Centre_Seconds_Blue_Dial_LBK_Sunset.jpg

Heritage_Centre_Seconds_Blue_Movement_Full_1k.jpg

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 12:36 AM   #35
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Assuming you mean H. Moser, the same thing happened to me until finally getting it. Just get it, you KNOW it'll haunt you otherwise.

i gave in and am VERY happy i did!

Attachment 1401978

Attachment 1401979

Inevitably there is an H Moser Streamliner in my future. Just a matter of right deal, right time. I’m interested enough in whatever comes next that I may wait and see. Center seconds with lacquer logo and concept dial anyone?

Old 13 November 2023, 02:58 AM   #36
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660

I too got to see this beauty in the metal on a recent trip to Vegas. Couldn’t take wrist shots because the strap was too short so I had my right hand holding the watch on my wrist but it is stunning beyond words in person. The depth of the dial, the movement…..could easily daily one of the these if I wore shirt and tie every day. Definitely one I’d add in a heartbeat if funds allowed for it.

Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 03:30 AM   #37
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

New streamliner coming up this week !

Blue streamliner !
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 03:55 AM   #38
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post

Blue streamliner !
I’m a broken record but I’m still holding out for a purple one.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 04:55 AM   #39
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Actually I had assumed Chet above was referring to the Streamliner in my reply. In fact, while the LMP was awesome, I did feel like it was conspicuously large on my 7.25”. Still badass as all hell.

Incidentally I thought the moser center seconds didn’t wear as small as folks say, felt and wore slightly bigger than a DD40 in my opinion, and only slightly smaller than the moser perpetual. Both nicely proportioned

I only have a 7" wrist and I found the LMP EVO fits very well. But then of course everyone has a different look they want from their watch. Both LMP EVO and LM Sequential EVO are special pieces and I am looking forward to my 2024 arrival of the LM Sequential.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 07:00 AM   #40
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
I’m a broken record but I’m still holding out for a purple one.
Oooooh, a Purple Streamliner

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 07:05 AM   #41
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The royal color!

Old 13 November 2023, 07:08 AM   #42
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I only have a 7" wrist and I found the LMP EVO fits very well. But then of course everyone has a different look they want from their watch. Both LMP EVO and LM Sequential EVO are special pieces and I am looking forward to my 2024 arrival of the LM Sequential.

Admittedly I was thinking less about the in-person fit as I was trying it on, since it was such a spur of the moment thing. More than the mosers and the jumbo, my fit impression for this one derived from my photos post facto.

Old 13 November 2023, 07:56 AM   #43
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Right? Moser has done purple before and I’d really love to add one of their watches to my collection. I’d be first in line to buy a streamliner with a purple dial or Endeavour Centre Seconds Concept with one. Every time Moser teases a new watch announcement on Instagram I tag Edouard Meylan and pray it’s a purple dial. The man doesn’t know who I am but whoever is in charge of his Instagram account is definitely sick of me by now lol.
Old 13 November 2023, 07:58 AM   #44
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Please post pictures and a mini-review when you get it. I can’t get enough of MB&F.
Old 13 November 2023, 08:07 AM   #45
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please post pictures and a mini-review when you get it. I can’t get enough of MB&F.
Definitely. Same here, MB&F is one of three houses which I am completely crazy about. I tried the LM Sequential on about one year ago and at that time I was supposed to take delivery by early 2023. But I ended up getting two other MB&Fs and have to be financially responsible and passed on the Sequential. (Got the LM2 limited edition in Palladium which I could not pass up)

My AD is now telling me that allocation is very hard to get and I will find out next month if I may get the 2024 allocation. (fingers crossed)
Old 13 November 2023, 08:48 AM   #46
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Definitely. Same here, MB&F is one of three houses which I am completely crazy about. I tried the LM Sequential on about one year ago and at that time I was supposed to take delivery by early 2023. But I ended up getting two other MB&Fs and have to be financially responsible and passed on the Sequential. (Got the LM2 limited edition in Palladium which I could not pass up)

My AD is now telling me that allocation is very hard to get and I will find out next month if I may get the 2024 allocation. (fingers crossed)
Oh man, you have the LM2 Palladium? You have no idea how jealous I am. That’s one of my absolute favorites ever by the brand. You definitely made the right choice there.

Hope you’re able to get it sooner than later. No matter how long it takes the wait will be worth it.
Old 13 November 2023, 08:54 AM   #47
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh man, you have the LM2 Palladium? You have no idea how jealous I am. That’s one of my absolute favorites ever by the brand. You definitely made the right choice there.

Hope you’re able to get it sooner than later. No matter how long it takes the wait will be worth it.

I have been chasing a LM2 for over a year. A friend found a NOS in HK but it was in Rose Gold. I don’t wear colored metal but almost succumbed and got it. Luckily I did not as the palladium version got out just a few weeks after I found the rose gold one. Palladium is my favorite metal over platinum so I guess this was meant to be.

Never compromise and wait for the perfect one to come along.
Old 13 November 2023, 09:37 AM   #48
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I have been chasing a LM2 for over a year. A friend found a NOS in HK but it was in Rose Gold. I don’t wear colored metal but almost succumbed and got it. Luckily I did not as the palladium version got out just a few weeks after I found the rose gold one. Palladium is my favorite metal over platinum so I guess this was meant to be.

Never compromise and wait for the perfect one to come along.
Palladium is a very cool metal. That and tantalum are so much fun when used in watches.

Love when things work out like that.

And you’re absolutely right about not compromising. I’ve definitely made that mistake with watches in the past lol.
Old 14 November 2023, 02:55 AM   #49
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:

For what it's worth, I have a 6.5" (technically, it's 16.5cm) wrist. I have loved how both the perpetual calendar and center seconds models of the Streamliner fit on my wrist, so much so that I'm awaiting a center seconds now.
break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2023, 05:55 AM   #50
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Seconded! The in your face quality of the watch and movement along with the clear and hypnotic view of the balance spring from above, pulsing away at a very chill frequency, has me quite interested in folks real day to day mb&f experiences

Old 14 November 2023, 05:56 AM   #51
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by break View Post
For what it's worth, I have a 6.5" (technically, it's 16.5cm) wrist. I have loved how both the perpetual calendar and center seconds models of the Streamliner fit on my wrist, so much so that I'm awaiting a center seconds now.

Very cool! Definitely post your impressions when it arrives please

Old 14 November 2023, 07:12 AM   #52
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seconded! The in your face quality of the watch and movement along with the clear and hypnotic view of the balance spring from above, pulsing away at a very chill frequency, has me quite interested in folks real day to day mb&f experiences

I have a LM101 Steel and LM2 Pd. I worn them very frequently and at least one of them is in the rotation. LM101 is definitely very wearable at 40mm but I do not feel that the LM2 at 44mm is too large with my 18cm wrist with 55mm wrist span.
Old 14 November 2023, 11:27 AM   #53
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post

Blue streamliner !
Oh interesting - so we’re getting a blue dialed Streamliner with a micro rotor?
Old 14 November 2023, 11:28 AM   #54
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Very cool! Definitely post your impressions when it arrives please

Absolutely - here is a collection of pics of the base Streamliner on my 16.5cm wrist

https://imgur.com/a/XwjYV6D
Old 14 November 2023, 11:56 AM   #55
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a LM101 Steel and LM2 Pd. I worn them very frequently and at least one of them is in the rotation. LM101 is definitely very wearable at 40mm but I do not feel that the LM2 at 44mm is too large with my 18cm wrist with 55mm wrist span.

This is a picture of the 44mm LM2 on me. Now looking at this picture, I may need to loosen the strap a little.

Old 14 November 2023, 12:03 PM   #56
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
This is a picture of the 44mm LM2 on me. Now looking at this picture, I may need to loosen the strap a little.

I think it looks great on your wrist but it’s always hard go tell with photos. Watches tend to look bigger on the wrist in pics than in person.

The LM2 is one of those rare watches I’d wear regardless of how it fit on my wrist. It’s just too sexy.
Old 14 November 2023, 12:11 PM   #57
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think it looks great on your wrist but it’s always hard go tell with photos. Watches tend to look bigger on the wrist in pics than in person.

The LM2 is one of those rare watches I’d wear regardless of how it fit on my wrist. It’s just too sexy.
I can assure you that it looks larger in this picture than on the wrist. That's why I thought OP's picture looks fine for me.

My wife actually feels that the LM101 is a tad small on me and this one looks better. And she is not someone who likes oversized watches. The lugs stay well within the "table" of my wrist. Somehow the angle of the picture makes the 12 o'clock lugs look farther out than it is.
Old 14 November 2023, 12:31 PM   #58
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I can assure you that it looks larger in this picture than on the wrist. That's why I thought OP's picture looks fine for me.

My wife actually feels that the LM101 is a tad small on me and this one looks better. And she is not someone who likes oversized watches. The lugs stay well within the "table" of my wrist. Somehow the angle of the picture makes the 12 o'clock lugs look farther out than it is.
As someone who really hopes to be able to get an MB&F down the line you’re making me feel a lot better about pulling the trigger. Now the main issue is funds and availability.
Old 14 November 2023, 01:02 PM   #59
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
As someone who really hopes to be able to get an MB&F down the line you’re making me feel a lot better about pulling the trigger. Now the main issue is funds and availability.
ArtInTime Monaco has a RG LM101 available, at retail of course. You may want to contact them directly.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2023, 01:32 PM   #60
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
ArtInTime Monaco has a RG LM101 available, at retail or course. You may want to contact them directly.
I appreciate the info but sadly I probably couldn’t make the purchase now even if I wanted to. This has been a weird year for me with watches. I got rid of most of my current watch collection which I never thought I would ever do. I planned to buy a De Bethune but instead put a deposit down on a Voutilainen and Grönefeld. I’m really struggling with what to do with my remaining watch funds which are not as much as I wish it was. I’m still holding out hope for a Simon Brette which I am almost certain ain’t gonna happen. Once that’s official I have to decide between one more big purchase or 2-3 smaller ones. That being said, the MB&F is so tempting. Someone give me more money lol.