The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 22 June 2024, 04:17 PM   #31
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Nwa 15503bc

[QUOTE=Steele;13306943]Ok gents and lady’s I have been hunting for this watch for quite a while now as BLUE is my jam. I picked this up on the Moda forum auction for $59k retail of the 15510BC at retail is $65,800

This is The Japan edition 15503BC blue dial White Gold

It’s arrives tomorrow

It does appear to wear larger than my 15400ST and way bigger than my 39mm ROs both precious metals. The 15503BC is 41mm and 10.5mm thick

I like the white gold that’s rhodium coated so the white gold really is bright making the contrast with the bright blue dial that much brighter and makes the dial pop

Thoughts please from anyone who has 15500 and the 15202 as a comparison to which you likex
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2024, 07:57 PM   #32
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by APhound View Post
Ah dang
I’m curious, I don’t know, what is a mint example from a dealer listed for? How good of a deal was that at 59 vs whatever? How much are you willing to pay for one? Or are you over it?
If it was a great deal, for example dealers are wanting 65 or so, at least you could wear it hard and enjoy it and then get it cleaned up once it’s not your newest watch.. I recently got a new 16202 and to be honest it’s just sitting here. Usually when I get a new watch I wear the heck out of it the first few weeks at least but I’m so hesitant to put it on in the mornings because it’s such a commitment to take care of it all day. I don’t sit in an office and am usually out and about doing all kinds of stuff and will bang it up. Just haven’t gotten that first scratch yet where I’m like ok f it. I guess what I’m saying is the grass is always greener! I’m kinda wishing I could get a watch like that (for the right price of course) that I can wear the hell out of it and not think about it. Sounds nice haha. (I guess I have about 20 of those! lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They can be found in the 50s now.

I am totally good with buying a watch that’s a little scuffed up and has some scratches but this was beaten. And it’s the DENTS that just are brutal. You guys all see the watches I have and I buy vintage so am totally good with a worn and preloved piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Well, never mind then. Apparently the Moda lingo needs some calibration - seems there's quite a difference between "light polish" and "polish" And I just can't get over the industry practice of selling everything a few links short. How did that become acceptable?
Polish is the new Laser treatment lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akacoke View Post
Wow dodged a huge bullet having to deal with the watch if you actually get it. That's so shady tho with the bait and switch.
Yeah that was a close one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
I’m glad you lucked out here but I literally posted in a different thread about “trusted dealers” on Moda selling hacked up APs.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=947774&page=2
Wow thank you I’m going to read this over now.
Steele is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2024, 07:58 PM   #33
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
I have a trusted guy that can get you one for a good price. That one was definitely beat.
I send you a DM and yes please
Old 22 June 2024, 08:35 PM   #34
Armis
"TRF" Member

I’m glad you were able to successfully avoid this bad deal. I thought Moda was without such threats. Did you report the seller to Moda admins?
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2024, 05:20 PM   #35
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
I have a trusted guy that can get you one for a good price. That one was definitely beat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
I’m glad you were able to successfully avoid this bad deal. I thought Moda was without such threats. Did you report the seller to Moda admins?
Only after the seller threatened to have me removed from the Moda group.

I’m good to go talked to the mods
Old 25 June 2024, 12:08 AM   #36
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Wow man, you dodged a bullet.

MODA is tough. Everyone quotes the prices as gospel but there are plenty of situations like this.
Old 25 June 2024, 12:04 PM   #37
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Being old school, I always prefer to deal F2f even if prices are slightly higher.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 12:14 PM   #38
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Only after the seller threatened to have me removed from the Moda group.

I’m good to go talked to the mods

Glad it worked out. I love moda there are some really great dealers in there. And some bad ones…but I feel safe with moda.

lisalisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 12:29 PM   #39
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Glad it worked out for you. It can be a mine field if you don’t know who you are dealing with. Problem is these auctions make a lot of money for Moda (they get a fee) and so they tend to support these guys that do a lot of them.

The other thing I hate is that they allow a lot of “aftermarket” dials , case , bracelet, etc. In other words , fakes!
Now they will advertise “aftermarket” when they sell these but what about the guy who buys and may not disclose when he sells later down the road ?!

Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote