The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 February 2013, 10:30 AM   #31
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
I like that look a lot better than with the SS clasp - much more subtle.
Current Collection: Rolex 126619LB, 116710BLNR, and 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster and Planet Ocean 42; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Nomos Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & SuperOcean 44; Doxa 300 Pro Carbon; Stowa Limette; Laco Napa Flieger; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2013, 01:19 PM   #32
z32turbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Varies
Looks great with a uniform color.

Instagram @z32turbo
z32turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2013, 08:31 PM   #33
Bangel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
Looks much better than I thought it would!
I very much agree.

I look forward to the 30 day review with keen interest.
Bangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 12:10 AM   #34
Rex Kwon Do
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710,16610,1601
You guys mind sharing what the cost is with the Glidelock clasp and links?
Rex Kwon Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 08:16 AM   #35
sheldonsmith
2024 Pledge Member

A Glidelock by itself is well into four digits if you can find one....
Old 18 February 2013, 08:25 AM   #36
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Nice job.
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 08:36 AM   #37
Sub4Life
Banned

Watch: Submariner Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Kwon Do View Post
You guys mind sharing what the cost is with the Glidelock clasp and links?
RUSA lists the Sub-C bracelet @ $2000.00 in the June 2012 price list. Don't even ask what a PT DDII bracelet costs.....ask KilYung
Sub4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 04:29 AM   #38
Rmmiller1985
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer ii
THIS is why I prefer watches that have drilled through lug holes. Changing the strap or ANYTHING on a watch without them is a beast.
Good post Armyguy03. I look forward to hearing the 30 day review. I have been searching everywhere for an authentic Rolex Glide Lock, but it appears the Everest band might be the next best thing.
Rmmiller1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 05:00 AM   #39
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub4Life View Post
RUSA lists the Sub-C bracelet @ $2000.00 in the June 2012 price list. Don't even ask what a PT DDII bracelet costs.....ask KilYung
Exactly USD$35,600.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2013, 05:00 PM   #40
yOyOYoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Any idea how much the final product will cost? Also, any thoughts on how it compares to the Rubber B strap?
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2013, 11:33 PM   #41
sheldonsmith
2024 Pledge Member

I have a couple thoughts on both of them at http://www.ablogtowatch.com/everest-...atches-review/ and http://www.minus4plus6.com/Everest_R...bber_Strap.htm

-Sheldon
Old 22 February 2013, 12:19 AM   #42
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonsmith View Post
Great review Sheldon!
Old 23 February 2013, 11:44 AM   #43
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 | 16600
Hello TRF family,

So it's been seven days, and I figured a small update wouldn't hurt.

Overall, once I adjusted the glide-lock clasp to where it was comfortable (pinky space between) four things occurred.

1-The clasp finally centered. I went two days with the clasp slightly off center and I almost abandoned the test, I'm super clasp OCD I guess.

2- The comfort level increased 100 fold, no more fidgeting with the watch attempting to find a comfortable position on my wrist.

3- I've found myself wearing my watch a lot more, doing things I would never do before (washing dishes , digging through old army bags with tons of metal which could scratch the SS bracelet), overall actually forgetting that the watch it's even on.

4- Lastly, odd enough I've gotten over the "I must baby my Rolex" attitude. I've gone from constantly wiping and looking at my watch every five seconds to only looking at it for the time and date. Also, people who knew I wore a Rolex now look sort of confused when they see it, because it now looks like a watch that could be procured from a regular store. The fascination with wearing a 5k watch has now faded and I'm back to just wearing a sports watch. I must admit that I LOVE this newly found freedom.

I'll leave this review at that and note that tomorrow is a real test. I am jumping into a freezing lake for a polar bear swim, then going into a sauna to heat up soon after. Wish ME luck as I'm sure my Sub and Everest set up will be fine

Will post pics.
Old 23 February 2013, 11:49 AM   #44
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Sauna?!?
Old 23 February 2013, 11:52 AM   #45
jrbar-on
2024 Pledge Member

Looks good! I would also be interested in a comparison with the Rubber B strap if you have one of those.
jrbar-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2013, 05:32 PM   #46
yOyOYoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Thanks for the update Armyguy.

I wonder if Everest Band will ever make a band with a tang buckle. Rubber B has that option available for those that don't want to integrate a clasp.
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2013, 08:42 PM   #47
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Good update.
Change is good, but Oyster is great.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2013, 09:08 PM   #48
montpyt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV "HULK"
I got my hunter green Everest band a couple of days ago. As soon as I get the tool I ordered to remove the bracelet, I will be putting it on my LVC. Pictures to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ACTIVE MEMBER OF RED SOX NATION
montpyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2013, 09:37 AM   #49
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Still going strong. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362613060.860745.jpg
Old 16 March 2013, 05:42 AM   #50
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Well TRF as promised, a full 30 days of wearing the Everest Band & DLC Glide Lock clasp has elapsed. To note, when I first began this journey I identified that because "I missed wearing a rubber watch in uniform (I wore a Suunto for 8 years daily), that I would wear the Everest Band, and their DLC glide lock clasp for a full 30 calendar days. At the end of the 30 days I will rate the following qualities of the band and clasp on a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being poor, and 10 being excellent. Six qualities will be rated: Fit, Comfort, Durability, Scratch Resistance (Band & DLC Clasp), Odor Resistance, and Appearance."

So here it goes (pics follow):

Fit: 10 - If you can remember, I gave a quick update a few weeks ago where I stated that I was having issues getting the clasp centered. However, when I was able to, the fit was perfect, offering me pinky space between clasp and wrist. When I put the watch on, it doesn’t move, unless I move it, and that is something I enjoy. Also, this is a feature that I cannot enjoy with the oyster bracelet on. Moreover, my watch stays hidden beneath my uniform, unless I pull it out.

Comfort: 10 - I wish there could be a higher number here, but 10 is a high as this scale can go. Wearing the Everest Band was very reminiscent of my Suunto watch days. I get a very comfortable watch band with a Rolex face. Who can ask for more? I found myself wearing my watch a lot longer, and doing more things, such as morning exercise runs, a polar dip, and just lounging around the house. When my wrist would swell the rubber compensated and did not require adjustment of the DLC glide lock clasp at all. In fact, once I got the watch set, there was no readjusting, ever. This is not a feature I can say I enjoy with my oyster bracelet. Depending on the day, or workout I perform I have to use the micro adjustments on the oyster. In the Everest Band, the rubber flexes perfectly with my wrist, while still leaving breathing room (this is likely due to the slightly oval shape of the band when connected to the watch).

Durability: 10 - I was worried a bit about the connecting point from the DLC Glide Lock clasp to the band, however, after wear, and many torques I am confident that the band will hold under extreme pressure. Although the connecting point is about 3mm narrower than the rest of the band, it is just as thick. Moreover, due to the fact that its rubber, it can take more twisting pressure than an oyster before being permanently damaged.

Scratch Resistance (Band & DLC Clasp): 10 - The band and DLC glide lock clasp still look brand new. I've banged my wrist around like crazy during these last 30 days and the clasp shows ZERO signs of wear. To be honest, I've, on purpose banged my wrist on all sorts of objects to see if I could scratch it, not too hard, but you know, in passing, and nothing happened. Not too smart, but hey, it IS a test right?

Odor Resistance: 10 - I've worn the watch band daily, and given it only one bath and there are no odors. This is something I could not say about my Suunto watch band. After a few days sweat build up, it would smell, but not the Everest Band. This might be due to the materials used to construct the band. I don't know all the scientific words, but it's all available on the Everest website, and you can read all about it there. No odor and it washes well with some dish soap and finger scrub.

Appearance: 10 - I chose the Everest Band so my Rolex would blend in well with my military uniform and the non-WIS wouldn't know I had on a Rolex while at work. I have to say that it is uniform, falls under Army clothing regulations, and just looks damn good. The DLC clasp really seals the deal too, because with a SS clasp, it wouldn't be uniform in its entirety.

Well TRF, there you have it. I have decided that the Everest Band & Glide Lock will be my official Army Combat Uniform set up. I am satisfied with its overall feel and look, and am confident that even during rigorous training exercises I will have nothing to worry about. Thanks for reading.

Armyguy03

Old 16 March 2013, 03:04 PM   #51
HRV
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX
Thanks for the update, glad your happy
HRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everest , everest band , everest strap , rubber , rubber b