The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 12:07 AM   #31
MT209
"TRF" Member

I don’t think the BLNR is as rare as people think. I’ve been offered 2 in the last 4 years without asking and see them all the time in New York.
MT209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #32
OTX
"TRF" Member

Watches are meant to be worn. I baby all my watches whether it’s a $500 Citizen or a Pepsi. I like to take care of my stuff. If it ends up being scratched, so be it but I will try not to get any. I daily my Pepsi and all my other watches have taken a back seat since I got it. Never seen another one in the wild and I look lol. Also got me a couple of compliments in the short time I’ve owned it. Love the Pepsi!

OTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #33
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Last year, I was shown a BLNR Exhibition watch. The SA looked very disappointed when I confirmed that I wanted the BLRO not the BLNR. Made me think he was hoping for a sale in the near future.
Rolexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:30 AM   #34
Schweinwerfer
"TRF" Member

That’s how I keep it
Schweinwerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:40 AM   #35
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
rumor out there, for every 1 Pepsi that Rolex produces, Rolex could make 3 batman/batgirl.
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 AM   #36
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Only modern GMT I have seen in the wild is on my wrist.
Old Today, 12:43 AM   #37
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT209 View Post
I don’t think the BLNR is as rare as people think. I’ve been offered 2 in the last 4 years without asking and see them all the time in New York.
It took me a year vs the subLV which I got in months.
Old Today, 01:16 AM   #38
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Only time my BLRO is in my safe is when I’m wearing another one.
Old Today, 02:37 AM   #39
rover26c
2024 Pledge Member

My BLRO (12) is no safe queen. I received it in July 2023. Since then I have travelled with my watch to these countries - Istanbul, Maldives, Dubai, Germany, Iceland, Barbados, FL, Bahamas, St Thomas, St Maarten, Bonaire and Curacao.
rover26c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 AM   #40
darthgman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Have both, wear both, however I seem to be reaching more for my BLNR more often. BLRO definitely not a safe queen though.
darthgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:56 AM   #41
TheVision
"TRF" Member

I'm a field engineer here and cover West Coast (inc Hawaii and Guam). In my 5 years of doing this job and flying all over, I've only seen pepsi like once (and it was 5 digit). I've NEVER ever seen batman in person ever !!

If anything,sub is like everywhere and no wonder everyone and their mommas wear one. Mine just blends in with the crowd..lol. I've also seen a lot of Omega and Panerai but the current gen gmt master is as rare as bigfoot ....at least in CA.
Old Today, 05:36 AM   #42
Cassian739
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

As others have said, I think it's a combination of a few factors leading to seeing BLNRs out and about: they've been in production longer, Rolex makes more of them, less value retention (important some people), etc. BLRO is unfortunately more of a hype watch, so between Rolex, making far fewer of them, and people treating them as safe queens, you just see less.

Anecdotally, I'm in New York right now for work and picking up an allocation. Sub LN is ubiquitous (on the street, subway, etc.), saw a BLNR, and even someone wearing a Panda Daytona in the subway station at Madison x 53rd (which is bonkers as I wouldn't wear that watch on the subway, but to each his own). Very rarely see a BLRO, and when I do, it's usually 5 digit.
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #43
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcs77 View Post

Wearing mine everyday, really like this piece much more than my blnr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will see your JK and BLRO and raise you a 392 and BLNR lol

Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:34 AM   #44
j.mo
"TRF" Member

I have only seen 2 BLNR in the wild, and I’m in pretty affluent areas. Which is probably why I see about as many Daytonas as I do subs.
See quite a few pateks as well, so maybe it has less to do with blnr/BLRO and more so a GMT level type thing.

j.mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:59 AM   #45
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
I daily my BLRO everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Gardening, fishing, taking kids to beach or pool. I even golfed and played paddle tennis with it because I forgot to leave it at home. It’s a modern watch. It can be serviced and polished at Rolex. It isn’t a safe queen and treating it like 4 digit Daytona is beyond silly.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:50 AM   #46
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: a Rolex pair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezorra View Post
That's me. I wear my 16750 almost every day, but have worn my BLRO maybe 5 times.

Reason: I see the 16750 as a true workhorse piece, it's thinner, lighter, more wearable, and far less valuable money-wise so I'm not afraid to scuff or scratch it at all. (Just got mine back from Rolliworks for a service, refresh and bracelet restoration in fact.)

My 6-digit is too large and flashy IMO. Terrified to scratch it, and don't really like wearing it anyway.

I also get regular compliments on my 5-digit; I have never gotten one on my six.

I would imagine many people who have both feel the same way I do, so the 5-digits go on all the adventures while the sixes sit in the safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezorra View Post
I agree completely; I'm not fond of blue, but the blue on the BLNR is beautiful, and the blue on the BLRO sucks (more of a dull, purplish "blueberry" in my opinion.) The red is also a very dull bluish-red, and doesn't catch the eye in the least.

The reason people notice more BLNRs may well be because it's an attractive, eye-catching watch, while the BLRO is so dull it doesn't draw the eye. They look FAR better in well-lit photos than in real life.

If you want a Pepsi that catches people's eyes, 5-digit all the way.
So why did you get a 6 series BLRO?
Old Today, 12:20 PM   #47
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
I bought my BLRO in Sept, 2018. I've worn the living heck out of it. I bought an oyster bracelet in Nov, 2022 and switch back and forth all the time. It's a great machine.
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41 PM   #48
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
I’m in CA. watch meet ups will have like 2-5. If you ask around, even more will have them.

But it is rare when compared to subs, Casios, Apple Watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
I'm a field engineer here and cover West Coast (inc Hawaii and Guam). In my 5 years of doing this job and flying all over, I've only seen pepsi like once (and it was 5 digit). I've NEVER ever seen batman in person ever !!

If anything,sub is like everywhere and no wonder everyone and their mommas wear one. Mine just blends in with the crowd..lol. I've also seen a lot of Omega and Panerai but the current gen gmt master is as rare as bigfoot ....at least in CA.
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote