The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: 2 professional / precious medal collection?
1. Daytona 116509 - Meteorite Roman Dial (WG) 2. GMT-Master II 116719 - Black Dial (WG) 10 10.20%
1. GMT-Master II 116719 - Black Dial (WG) 2. Daytona 116528 - White Dial (YG) 7 7.14%
1. GMT-Master II 126719 - Meteorite Dial (WG) 2. Daytona 116528 - Black Dial (YG) 36 36.73%
1. Daytona 116509 - Meteorite Roman Dial (WG) 2. Daytona 116528 - Black Dial (YG) 6 6.12%
1. Submariner 126619 - Cookie Monster (WG) 2. Daytona 116509 - Meteorite Roman Dial (WG) 19 19.39%
1. Submariner 116619 - Smurf (WG) 2. Daytona 116509 - Meteorite Roman Dial (WG) 20 20.41%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 September 2024, 07:55 AM   #31
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche91101 View Post
Yup and each of the 10 threads is intentional. Didn’t know I was tracked or restricted to talk on the forum. It’s a passionate hobby of mine. I will probably make another 50 and if you don’t like them - see your way out. Thanks in advance.
Clearly according to your profile name, you’re doing some things well
Old 2 September 2024, 08:07 AM   #32
Hemdog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
same as my previous message. I come to forums like this to seek ideas, opinions, advice, etc. I have an idea of what I want but like for others in the community to talk aloud on their perspective. Isn't that what Rolex Forums is about? The condescending attitude by keyboard warriors shouldn't be tolerated by anyone in the forum/community. I will continue to solicit ideas, launch polls, and ask for advice. If you don't like it, please avoid coming into a thread I will inevitably create in the future. Thanks in advance.
Thank you Porsche 911x1000, I will definitely avoid any future threads you cobble together
Hemdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2024, 08:13 AM   #33
Porsche91101
"TRF" Member

I'm flattered you consider my threads worth avoiding. That level of commitment speaks volumes. But feel free to continue lurking if you ever need a refresher on how to engage in an open community. Keep fighting on keyboard warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemdog View Post
Thank you Porsche 911x1000, I will definitely avoid any future threads you cobble together
Porsche91101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2024, 08:14 AM   #34
Hemdog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm flattered you consider my threads worth avoiding. That level of commitment speaks volumes. But feel free to continue lurking if you ever need a refresher on how to engage in an open community. Keep fighting on keyboard warrior.
You seem to take this personally. Try not to cry :)
Hemdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2024, 04:40 PM   #35
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
need a refresher on how to engage in an open community…
Ok.

You asked for opinions and you’re getting them.

Comments that you don’t like aren’t ‘unacceptable’, nor are the forum members you take exception to ‘keyboard warriors’.

Moderators decide if rules are being broken. You don’t get to exclude members just because you don’t like what they’re saying.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2024, 09:26 PM   #36
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
If I’m buying two PM professional models for my collection…I wouldn’t choose any of your options. I certainly wouldn’t have one thought of ROI in this hobby.
For you….all are fine options, get what you’ll most enjoy looking at on your wrist.
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2024, 10:26 PM   #37
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
I prefer professional Rolex in Stainless Steel, and if investment is important to you, SS will provide that over precious metal
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 08:25 AM   #38
Porsche91101
"TRF" Member

I am genuinely asking for advice, expertise, opinions, and commentary. Not looking to get scolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
Ok.

You asked for opinions and you’re getting them.

Comments that you don’t like aren’t ‘unacceptable’, nor are the forum members you take exception to ‘keyboard warriors’.

Moderators decide if rules are being broken. You don’t get to exclude members just because you don’t like what they’re saying.

Last edited by Porsche91101; 3 September 2024 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 3 September 2024, 09:53 AM   #39
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
I picked the least offensive of the 6 choices. I like SS professional models. PM makes more sense, to me, on classic pieces, like DD or Datejust. As for the Daytona, I’m not a big fan of the model, in general, but I really don’t care for it, at all, with Romans. Finally, I hope you have more watches. Two would never do it, for me.

Kat
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 10:22 AM   #40
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

WG Pepsi with the Meteorite dial and YG PaulN series 12 full bracelet or the series 11 YG JohnM any meteorite dial will always be valuable. There is only one meteorite dial in current catalog and I don’t think Rolex is going to continue offering them in future. Who knows?

PM pieces are special and usually it is all about the dial. Rare or discontinued dials are the most valuable.

However never buy a watch as an investment you may be disappointed later.
Buy it because you love it and make you feel good. If the value go up great if not that’s fine too.

Cheers,
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 10:34 AM   #41
Porsche91101
"TRF" Member

As always, thanks for the constructive - positive advice. Well appreciated and respected.

Yup, I am aware that I need to grow my collection - it is an addiction. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I picked the least offensive of the 6 choices. I like SS professional models. PM makes more sense, to me, on classic pieces, like DD or Datejust. As for the Daytona, I’m not a big fan of the model, in general, but I really don’t care for it, at all, with Romans. Finally, I hope you have more watches. Two would never do it, for me.

Kat
Old 4 September 2024, 01:59 PM   #42
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am genuinely asking for advice, expertise, opinions, and commentary. Not looking to get scolded.
I would advise you not to be concerned about the opinions of these individuals. It appears that their criticism stems from envy, as they lack the financial means to acquire such luxurious timepieces. It is often easier for people of this nature to criticize others in an attempt to elevate their own self-perception.

Here are my two choices.

By the way, which one do you think looks better on my wrist?

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk
Bro Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 02:27 PM   #43
Porsche91101
"TRF" Member

Simply stunning collection. I love them both but the Daytona is something special! Your collection only precious metal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Watch View Post
I would advise you not to be concerned about the opinions of these individuals. It appears that their criticism stems from envy, as they lack the financial means to acquire such luxurious timepieces. It is often easier for people of this nature to criticize others in an attempt to elevate their own self-perception.

Here are my two choices.

By the way, which one do you think looks better on my wrist?

Old 5 September 2024, 01:32 AM   #44
rolex_DateJust
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes please!
What I would personally buy is a YG Sub with blue dial and the YG GMT with the black/gray bezel. I’m personally not a fan of the Daytona. Dial is too busy for my liking
Old 7 September 2024, 03:14 PM   #45
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Simply stunning collection. I love them both but the Daytona is something special! Your collection only precious metal?

Thanks. Stainless steel watches are my primary collection, however, there is an undeniable appeal to a watch crafted from precious metals. When adorning such a timepiece, its substantial weight imparts a distinct sense of prestige and exclusivity.

Bro Watch is offline   Reply With Quote