The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 July 2024, 11:17 PM   #31
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUI1982 View Post
So I’m on the 126519 path and the config has two options. Blue dial or meteorite dial. I’m not asking for an unsupported configuration. I’ve been traveling so long haven’t been back to my AD to dig in for a final answer. I’m going to remain optimistic.

At this point you’ve carried on this thread for a few weeks, but not done anything to make this dial swap happen. I’m wondering if you are happier to just post here than to actually seek to make this happen.

So maybe go and speak to the AD and report back here, or quit reviving this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 12:01 AM   #32
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
I’d rate your chances of a dial swap at slightly below 0%.

I would concur.
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 12:04 AM   #33
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonpepper View Post
I'm in process for this change right now. I purchased, a 116710 NIB from an AD as they were closing the shop up for good. Watch was in the back of a bottom drawer of the store's safe, and was originally though "lost in transit".

Anyhow, I purchased this watch two weeks ago. Watch was shipped to my watchmaker in Pennsylvania.

Watchmaker will swap the OEM black dial for an OEM meteorite dial.

Cost to me is the price of the dial ($2700), plus labor. Watchmaker
has access to a "parts account" (don't know if it's his or someone else's)
and don't really care, as long as it is a genuine Rolex meteorite dial.

Should be ready in 2 weeks, and I'll make sure to follow up with you all when it is received to include details, and photos.
Enjoy your butchered dial and movement then, because there's no way that dial fits on the 3186 movement like most franken creations like this he's probably going to glue it on
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 12:06 AM   #34
SearChart
TechXpert

OP: the meteorite dial is an exchange item and can only be swapped in case your original meteorite dial gets damaged (water, broken crystal, etc). You cannot order it if you have a regular dial.
Old 10 July 2024, 12:21 AM   #35
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm in process for this change right now. I purchased, a 116710 NIB from an AD as they were closing the shop up for good. Watch was in the back of a bottom drawer of the store's safe, and was originally though "lost in transit".

Anyhow, I purchased this watch two weeks ago. Watch was shipped to my watchmaker in Pennsylvania.

Watchmaker will swap the OEM black dial for an OEM meteorite dial.

Cost to me is the price of the dial ($2700), plus labor. Watchmaker
has access to a "parts account" (don't know if it's his or someone else's)
and don't really care, as long as it is a genuine Rolex meteorite dial.

Should be ready in 2 weeks, and I'll make sure to follow up with you all when it is received to include details, and photos.
When I was a kid I bought my first car which was cheap and not very fast.

I put a big exhaust on it thinking "I was the man"

Unfortunately this fell off not long afterwards.
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 02:05 AM   #36
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Yes … pound sand!

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 06:25 AM   #37
NAUI1982
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
At this point you’ve carried on this thread for a few weeks, but not done anything to make this dial swap happen. I’m wondering if you are happier to just post here than to actually seek to make this happen.

So maybe go and speak to the AD and report back here, or quit reviving this thread.

Posted this earlier. I’m traveling at the moment and my AD has a watch of mine being serviced. Not home until mid July, and not pushing this forward until I go in and pickup my watch.

Understandable that you’d lose that in the thread, this isn’t the easiest forum format to follow conversation.

But you could ease up on the bullshit about reviving the thread. Plenty of people are participating in conversation here. Maybe go away and don’t come back if you don’t like it? Just a thought…
NAUI1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 10:22 AM   #38
wilsonpepper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Example of an "Official" OEM Rolex Meteorite dial that was purchased on the open market.

Everyone who thinks dial swaps can "never' happen, really is not in touch with reality. There are multiple "ways" to get any Rolex OEM part, RSC is not the only avenue, and Geneva is not the only avenue, as I personally witnessed in Monte Carlo during the month of May.

Lots and lots of potential for those who can afford. Sorry for the cheesy photo, but I only had a second to take a picture with my cell phone, in a place that does not allow photo taking.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2024-07-09 at 2.16.29 PM.png (192.7 KB, 82 views)
wilsonpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 02:34 PM   #39
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Example of an "Official" OEM Rolex Meteorite dial that was purchased on the open market.

Everyone who thinks dial swaps can "never' happen, really is not in touch with reality. There are multiple "ways" to get any Rolex OEM part, RSC is not the only avenue, and Geneva is not the only avenue, as I personally witnessed in Monte Carlo during the month of May.

Lots and lots of potential for those who can afford. Sorry for the cheesy photo, but I only had a second to take a picture with my cell phone, in a place that does not allow photo taking.
Of course it is possible to obtain, just not 'officially'.

The thing that isn't ideal is that you want it fit in a 116710, which just doesn't fit properly because the dial attachment is completely different. And someone willing to still do it for you might do more harm than good to both dial and movement. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen shenanigans like this.

Old 11 July 2024, 10:41 AM   #40
wilsonpepper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Of course it is possible to obtain, just not 'officially'.

The thing that isn't ideal is that you want it fit in a 116710, which just doesn't fit properly because the dial attachment is completely different. And someone willing to still do it for you might do more harm than good to both dial and movement. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen shenanigans like this.

Ok thank you for that info, appreciated !
wilsonpepper is offline   Reply With Quote