The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 28 May 2024, 03:59 PM   #31
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
So I emailed Tokyo Boutique in my broken Japanese and below is the response:

Thank you for your interest in the Tokyo Boutique’s 20th Anniversary Model.

This is a very special model and we have received many requests to purchase it.

Unfortunately, we cannot introduce this product to anyone other than those who are already customers of the Tokyo Boutique.

If you would like to tour our boutique, we would be happy to accommodate you.

We apologize, but please note that there are currently no watches available for immediate purchase.

To FPJs credit, all the boutiques I've visited have been great, and far far higher quality of salesperson VS AP or PP.

They have also been very very honest VS the others. At least they are not lying to you. :)
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2024, 04:22 PM   #32
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
To FPJs credit, all the boutiques I've visited have been great, and far far higher quality of salesperson VS AP or PP.

They have also been very very honest VS the others. At least they are not lying to you. :)
Yes I appreciate their honest response. I naively think there are not enough customers in Tokyo who want this release before that reply from them
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2024, 04:34 PM   #33
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

I'm shocked there's 200 requests from Japan Boutique already.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2024, 06:14 PM   #34
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So I emailed Tokyo Boutique in my broken Japanese and below is the response:

Thank you for your interest in the Tokyo Boutique’s 20th Anniversary Model.

This is a very special model and we have received many requests to purchase it.

Unfortunately, we cannot introduce this product to anyone other than those who are already customers of the Tokyo Boutique.

If you would like to tour our boutique, we would be happy to accommodate you.

We apologize, but please note that there are currently no watches available for immediate purchase.

I'll be in Tokyo again next month and I got this exact same reply
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2024, 07:12 PM   #35
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
I'll be in Tokyo again next month and I got this exact same reply
Great minds think alike!
The last para "there are currently no watches available for immediate purchase" is like telling me "don't try anymore. Give up buddy."
Old 28 May 2024, 10:19 PM   #36
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great minds think alike!
The last para "there are currently no watches available for immediate purchase" is like telling me "don't try anymore. Give up buddy."
Their website also says something like if you're a foreigner we have nothing to sell you, try a different boutique But I might stop by just to look around since I'll be there anyways.
Old 29 May 2024, 11:52 AM   #37
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
The watch is not sold out as of today. However if you have never bought anything from the Tokyo boutique, then it is sold out if that makes sense. Not only is the watch prioritised for clients of the FPJ boutique in Tokyo, you have to remember that the boutique opened 20 years ago and thus there are many clients outside of Japan that are clients of the Tokyo boutique as well. Allocations are not fixed yet...

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2024, 11:53 AM   #38
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Their website also says something like if you're a foreigner we have nothing to sell you, try a different boutique But I might stop by just to look around since I'll be there anyways.
Even if you are a Japanese, they have nothing to sell but I think that is the case for most FPJ boutiques in the world tbh. Many watches are on a 10 year wait now at the Tokyo boutique, obviously i have no idea if that is true or not but that is what some new collector was told recently.

Old 29 May 2024, 07:40 PM   #39
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
Even if you are a Japanese, they have nothing to sell but I think that is the case for most FPJ boutiques in the world tbh. Many watches are on a 10 year wait now at the Tokyo boutique, obviously i have no idea if that is true or not but that is what some new collector was told recently.
Ouch, 10 years... by that time they might not have any more watches below 6 figures
Old 29 May 2024, 10:14 PM   #40
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The Boutique is beautiful and being near Nezu Museum, this is a perfect excuse to visit if you ever need one.

I offered them full payment now and collection later, but was rejected. I know of 1 serious FPJ collector based in Tokyo but she is buying for herself. At this point I yield
Old 29 May 2024, 10:59 PM   #41
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
The Boutique is beautiful and being near Nezu Museum, this is a perfect excuse to visit if you ever need one.

I offered them full payment now and collection later, but was rejected. I know of 1 serious FPJ collector based in Tokyo but she is buying for herself. At this point I yield

Is it that beautiful woman who is always eating omakase and wearing dope watches on IG?
Old 30 May 2024, 12:52 AM   #42
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Is it that beautiful woman who is always eating omakase and wearing dope watches on IG?
Old 30 May 2024, 01:57 AM   #43
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Old 30 May 2024, 03:33 AM   #44
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Assuming we're talking about the same lady on IG. She has an absolutely amazing collection. I can't imagine many people own a matching set of vagabondages.

Old 31 May 2024, 01:15 PM   #45
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I believe this is an application piece. I wish they will let me pay now and collect whenever later too. I would fly to Tokyo tomorrow.

The lady collector on IG, if we are referring to the same person, she is probably one who will get one as she is one of the very early Journe collectors with many amazing pieces. If she cannot get one, probably no one will.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2024, 11:16 PM   #46
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Most Japanese collectors if they want one can get one…the reception at least amongst the event attendees was luke warm at best.

Old 31 May 2024, 11:56 PM   #47
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Most Japanese collectors if they want one can get one…the reception at least amongst the event attendees was luke warm at best.

Tell more? Size? What’s not to like. Too similar to past JP iterations in color scheme?
Old 1 June 2024, 12:16 AM   #48
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tell more? Size? What’s not to like. Too similar to past JP iterations in color scheme?
It’s not that they didn’t like it. But no one talked about it which was the strange thing. Size is perfect. Price is sort of neither here nor there and for most FPJ collectors not an issue. I think one major point was the number. 200 is ALOT and whilst it was not going to be produced in one shot, many were turned off by the lack of exclusivity on it. Secondly, whilst the movement is adequate many felt it lacked any FPj essence, it was just a cheaper version of an existing caliber, no story nothing. I think those 2 were the major issues. The size and material is perfect I feel and the colour scheme is in line with previous Tokyo editions.

Old 1 June 2024, 12:30 AM   #49
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s not that they didn’t like it. But no one talked about it which was the strange thing. Size is perfect. Price is sort of neither here nor there and for most FPJ collectors not an issue. I think one major point was the number. 200 is ALOT and whilst it was not going to be produced in one shot, many were turned off by the lack of exclusivity on it. Secondly, whilst the movement is adequate many felt it lacked any FPj essence, it was just a cheaper version of an existing caliber, no story nothing. I think those 2 were the major issues. The size and material is perfect I feel and the colour scheme is in line with previous Tokyo editions.
I will be happy if I can get one. As you said, the size is spot on and it is the only currently "available" dress chronograph in the FPJ collection. But I can see your point on the movement. In order to create something unique but cost effective, it is quicker and cheaper to chop off something.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 02:38 AM   #50
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

I attended a FPJ event for the launch of FFC, which started with drinks, then dinner with the prototype being rotated between attendees for handling during the dinner. Frankly it's very hard to gauge attendees' perception at such events. I thought nobody likes it as no one was leaping in joy when they handled the FFC but was not surprised some customers registered interest for the $900k watch during and after the event. There are collectors like Santa Laura who don't even attend such events. Some just go for the drinks and company. Some like me can't afford the FFC and was just there to see FP and take free gifts.
Old 1 June 2024, 02:47 AM   #51
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I will be happy if I can get one. As you said, the size is spot on and it is the only currently "available" dress chronograph in the FPJ collection. But I can see your point on the movement. In order to create something unique but cost effective, it is quicker and cheaper to chop off something.
Me too, I love how it looks and it would go well with my chronograph theme. One can dream...
Old 1 June 2024, 03:31 AM   #52
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Not like what I think matters as it is sold out but I just don't care for TT even on a FPJ.
Its beautiful but just not for me due to being TT.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 08:21 AM   #53
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Definitely would have been nicer if it was a rattrapante and small edition. If it was a rattrapante. Prices would have been higher, and the probability of getting this watch with a smaller edition would have been next to none for as lot of us.

Old 1 June 2024, 01:52 PM   #54
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
Definitely would have been nicer if it was a rattrapante and small edition. If it was a rattrapante. Prices would have been higher, and the probability of getting this watch with a smaller edition would have been next to none for as lot of us.

Yep. Which is why I think many of the more seasoned collectors weren’t as interested as I think the watch was released to be widely accessible to as many people as possible which is a good thing and a bad thing.

Old 1 June 2024, 02:42 PM   #55
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep. Which is why I think many of the more seasoned collectors weren’t as interested as I think the watch was released to be widely accessible to as many people as possible which is a good thing and a bad thing.
Ruthenium and a titanium case is very appealing to me. I can see some collectors not liking the bigger edition and the movement if they already had a Ruthenium FPJ.

I imagine 200 watches would be delivered over a few years. Which may reduce availability of other watches.

Old 1 June 2024, 05:57 PM   #56
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
Ruthenium and a titanium case is very appealing to me. I can see some collectors not liking the bigger edition and the movement if they already had a Ruthenium FPJ.

I imagine 200 watches would be delivered over a few years. Which may reduce availability of other watches.

Yep, upon my conversation with FP that is what he said and he mentioned other countries will have allocations as well over a few years. I know I will regret not taking one haha but I have another big incoming from the boutique so have to save ammo.

Old 1 June 2024, 09:56 PM   #57
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

I’m thinking it may cut into CMS production the next few years. I honestly consider it not being a split as a plus because it differentiates it from the CMS and of course only watch further.
Old 1 June 2024, 09:59 PM   #58
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m thinking it may cut into CMS production the next few years. I honestly consider it not being a split as a plus because it differentiates it from the CMS and of course only watch further.
100% agreed. I think its a positive as it is a "unique" configuration and also keeps the price down.

I think noone thought of it as a negative for sure.

Old 10 June 2024, 01:15 AM   #59
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

That 2-tone looks great in this extraordinary company of watches.
From @meaning_intime
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 447964583_2105847816458247_1019384125107956813_n.heic.jpg (204.2 KB, 152 views)
Old 12 June 2024, 06:48 PM   #60
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

I just noticed it was the Only Watch Astronomic!! Tokyo Boutique really know how to throw a party.