The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 October 2023, 06:23 AM   #31
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Cool watch, not for me though. Do your research and see what they are selling/trading for before you jump in, if that is a consideration.
I never understood this.

Just buy used at the bottom of the depreciation curve and sidestep any of that worry.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 11:49 AM   #32
MrBlahBlah
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing Mach, I have been wondering about the XPS. I have my name down at my AD for it, I’m the 3rd person in line. They told me to expect next year. They get 2x per year. Apparently Chopard is only producing 50 per year. Really want to see it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrBlahBlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2023, 07:21 PM   #33
TheContrarian
"TRF" Member

looks like an anus
TheContrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 01:25 AM   #34
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheContrarian View Post
looks like an anus
And this is only your 3rd post here?

You won’t last a week, buddy.
gmtmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 01:35 AM   #35
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
looks like an anus

You should get that looked at 🩺🩻
Old 18 October 2023, 03:17 AM   #36
ap1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
I have seriously considered the Alpine Eagle multiple times over the last few years:

In fact, I was quite close to pulling the trigger on the blue dial edition twice in the last couple of years:

One of my favorites is the new titanium Alpine Eagle Cadence 8HF from this years Watches & Wonders:

I was offered the marine blue back in August, which is absolutely stunning. Unfortunately, I had to turn it down.

However, my patience paid off and I received their spectacular Alpine Eagle 41 XPS last month:

Without a doubt, this is my favorite release from Watches & Wonders 2023:

Compared to the standard Alpine Eagle, the dial is slightly wider, yet the bezel is slightly thinner. The result is a more refined rendition. This 'Monta Rosa' salmon-pink dial with the finishing inspired by the eye of an eagle is something else:

It also has a thinner profile. The standard Alpine Eagle has a case thickness of 9.7mm whereas this XPS has a case thickness of 8.2mm:

The bracelet reminds me of the 1st generation Overseas:

That would have made this absolutely perfect. There is no micro-adjustment feature, but they do offer half links, which I'm currently waiting for (takes about 3 weeks). Unlike the standard Alpine Eagle, the bracelet features a triple folding clasp with safety pushers:

As we peak into the engine room, she's powered by their in-house COSC certified L.U.C 96.40-L with 65 hours of power reserve. Just a mere 3.3mm thick, it has two stacked barrels and a gold micro-rotor. All movement components are finished to the standards of Poinçon de Genève:

Eric provides a great summary of the critiques many have for the Alpine Eagle. You will primarily hear the Roman numerals and the 4:30 date window in the various forums. But it's very personal and subjective:

I find it quite comfortable to wear. The dial changes depending on lighting conditions. Interestingly, I find a like the dial more in overcast skies / low lighting conditions. It becomes a darker shade of salmon:

Finally, this is a lesson learned from my experience trying to obtain the Omega Speedmaster Calibre 321 'Ed White.' When the AE XPS was announced, there was nothing stating it was boutique only. However, I saw a lot of serious interest across the various forums. Instead of contacting my local AD, I reached out to the Chopard Boutique. They told me to expect my piece late this year / early next year, which I considered was very reasonable with no prior purchase history:

I was beyond ecstatic and completely surprised by the text stating my piece had arrived. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Chopard sets the gold standard for customer service! Despite no prior purchase history, I was able to acquire this stunner without any mind games or needing to purchase unwanted pieces! Other brands can learn from Chopard! Good luck, Mike!
Great to see the lineup all together in pics here. Yours looks amazing.

I’d go salmon, titanium black dial, and the electric blue. All great
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 06:02 AM   #37
991C4S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
looks like an anus
I've watched this movie before, I know how it ends for accounts like this.
Rolex Datejust II 116300 x Vacheron Constantin Overseas 47040
991C4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 03:50 AM   #38
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Great to see the lineup all together in pics here. Yours looks amazing.

I’d go salmon, titanium black dial, and the electric blue. All great
Thanks! And thanks for trying to get this thread back on track! HAGWE!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 05:14 AM   #39
Guppydriver

Watch: 126710BLNR 226570
Quote:
looks like an anus
A Tudor Ranger would be a great companion.

(if ya know, ya know)
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 08:55 AM   #40
AAMD11
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Worldtimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
I have seriously considered the Alpine Eagle multiple times over the last few years:

In fact, I was quite close to pulling the trigger on the blue dial edition twice in the last couple of years:

One of my favorites is the new titanium Alpine Eagle Cadence 8HF from this years Watches & Wonders:

I was offered the marine blue back in August, which is absolutely stunning. Unfortunately, I had to turn it down.

However, my patience paid off and I received their spectacular Alpine Eagle 41 XPS last month:

Without a doubt, this is my favorite release from Watches & Wonders 2023:

Compared to the standard Alpine Eagle, the dial is slightly wider, yet the bezel is slightly thinner. The result is a more refined rendition. This 'Monta Rosa' salmon-pink dial with the finishing inspired by the eye of an eagle is something else:

It also has a thinner profile. The standard Alpine Eagle has a case thickness of 9.7mm whereas this XPS has a case thickness of 8.2mm:

The bracelet reminds me of the 1st generation Overseas:

That would have made this absolutely perfect. There is no micro-adjustment feature, but they do offer half links, which I'm currently waiting for (takes about 3 weeks). Unlike the standard Alpine Eagle, the bracelet features a triple folding clasp with safety pushers:

As we peak into the engine room, she's powered by their in-house COSC certified L.U.C 96.40-L with 65 hours of power reserve. Just a mere 3.3mm thick, it has two stacked barrels and a gold micro-rotor. All movement components are finished to the standards of Poinçon de Genève:

Eric provides a great summary of the critiques many have for the Alpine Eagle. You will primarily hear the Roman numerals and the 4:30 date window in the various forums. But it's very personal and subjective:

I find it quite comfortable to wear. The dial changes depending on lighting conditions. Interestingly, I find a like the dial more in overcast skies / low lighting conditions. It becomes a darker shade of salmon:

Finally, this is a lesson learned from my experience trying to obtain the Omega Speedmaster Calibre 321 'Ed White.' When the AE XPS was announced, there was nothing stating it was boutique only. However, I saw a lot of serious interest across the various forums. Instead of contacting my local AD, I reached out to the Chopard Boutique. They told me to expect my piece late this year / early next year, which I considered was very reasonable with no prior purchase history:

I was beyond ecstatic and completely surprised by the text stating my piece had arrived. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Chopard sets the gold standard for customer service! Despite no prior purchase history, I was able to acquire this stunner without any mind games or needing to purchase unwanted pieces! Other brands can learn from Chopard! Good luck, Mike!
Wow. I love this