The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 7 October 2023, 04:04 AM   #31
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
In 2015 I made a thread where I picked up my first Lange (1815 40mm WG) and took delivery of my custom order f80 M3 in the same day.

This feels like the sequel that’s better than the first movie! Godfather 2! Huge congrats.

How does the CDV hold up now that you have the Lange and Patek? Does it feel like Kin to them or Kin to the omega?
M3s are great cars in their own right, I still miss mine sometimes. Movement wise I feel like the CdV is closer to the Patek and Omega, the Lange sort of feels like it's its own thing and there's nothing really similar to it. In terms of wrist time I wear the CdV and Omega a lot more than the Patek, but I love them all very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I love 911s. I almost bought a GT3 someone didn’t take delivery on when I had a different car in for service. They had it way in the back of their lot but it was my favorite color Riveria Blue.

Congrats!
Thanks, it's my first Porsche/911/GT3 and even after dreaming about it for so long it does not disappoint. What a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Huge congratulations my friend!!!

I still remember our discussions on these chronographs and it seems like it was just a few weeks ago. And now you have all of them now, how time flies! IMHO, you now own the best chronographs from all the brands. Time to venture to another complication. (Perpetual calendar is next? The 5172 would match up really well with a 5320G)

And congrats on the GT3. I personally cannot imagine using it as a daily but Singapore probably have a lot less pot holes than here in CA. Drive it like you steal it and don't repeat my mistake. My last 911 only got 500 miles on it per year and I finally gave up and sold it.
Thanks my friend. I think I'm all tapped out for the foreseeable future, I can't afford anything else But in all honesty I'm quite satisfied now with what I have, I wanted to collect most or all of the major chronographs from the different brands and I think I've now done that. I'm just going to enjoy them for a while before looking at anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackingtime View Post
sick sick sick.

people here don't know how much that piece of art cost in SG lol

the price will blow their mind
This is the wrong place to be a car enthusiast. I feel like a total idiot spending 7 figures on a car but life is short and it's always been my dream. Better to do it now than to regret not doing it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
Marvelous!
Congrats!
My dream car is a 911 Turbo S and that is a watch Id be very proud to own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workhard View Post
Damn congrats sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Fantastic collection, congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY View Post
Time to time your laps! Congrats all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy888 View Post

Amazing, Big Congratulations!
A fine choice in horology and car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaussian View Post
Double WOW to both!

They are both beautiful !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all, it means a lot!
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2023, 01:17 PM   #32
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Congratulations! Awesome car, and with Singapore taxes, that's a major commitment. Drive it love it each day, as that's what it's about.

That's also a beautiful quartet of chronographs and represents the best of each brands' offerings, in my opinion. I remember when you got the Cornes de Vache and you were also interested in the 1815 too. I figured you would end up with both, along with your PP. Mission accomplished! For what it's worth, I have the similar four chronographs (three, actually, as I'm still waiting for my Ed White), and I love them, but my PP, VC, and ALS are in different metals or metal colors. Again, well done. Wear them and drive in good health!
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2023, 03:50 PM   #33
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Congratulations on your chronograph journey. I remember seeing you getting the Cornes de Vache and the Ed While, and clearly you’re enthusiastic about Chronographs. What a 4 watch line up. We love all our children, but after you wear all of them for a while, I’ll be curious if there’s one Chronograph you go to more than the others. Do share your experience when that time comes.

Also congrats on the GT3!
Old 9 October 2023, 08:18 PM   #34
joli160
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Huge congrats, what a collection

I am a huge fan of the Cornes de Vache and wonder how you feel about it compared to the rest of your sublime chrono’s ?

Thanks
Old 9 October 2023, 11:41 PM   #35
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justindo View Post
Congratulations! Awesome car, and with Singapore taxes, that's a major commitment. Drive it love it each day, as that's what it's about.

That's also a beautiful quartet of chronographs and represents the best of each brands' offerings, in my opinion. I remember when you got the Cornes de Vache and you were also interested in the 1815 too. I figured you would end up with both, along with your PP. Mission accomplished! For what it's worth, I have the similar four chronographs (three, actually, as I'm still waiting for my Ed White), and I love them, but my PP, VC, and ALS are in different metals or metal colors. Again, well done. Wear them and drive in good health!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster View Post
Congratulations on your chronograph journey. I remember seeing you getting the Cornes de Vache and the Ed While, and clearly you’re enthusiastic about Chronographs. What a 4 watch line up. We love all our children, but after you wear all of them for a while, I’ll be curious if there’s one Chronograph you go to more than the others. Do share your experience when that time comes.

Also congrats on the GT3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Huge congrats, what a collection

I am a huge fan of the Cornes de Vache and wonder how you feel about it compared to the rest of your sublime chrono’s ?

Thanks
Thanks guys, that's one of the things I love about watches, there are so many variations and designs that there is something out there for everyone. You can choose to focus on something you like or just buy everything lol.

As for the CdV vs. the others, it's tough for me to pick a favourite. The Omega is my daily since it's my only SS watch now aside from my BLNR (which funnily enough I've lost interest in ever since the hype started). The Patek is for more casual special occasions while the Lange will be for more dressy special occasions. It's hot and humid all year round where I am so I don't want to get the straps all sweaty and gross on these two. I have to be going somewhere with aircon to wear these.

The CdV is somewhere in between and I have no problem wearing it all the time if needed. I probably wear it the most after the Omega. But that's me and I'm usually very casually dressed. I don't think you can go wrong with any depending on what type of watch you're looking for.
Old 10 October 2023, 03:32 AM   #36
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Well done! I love manual chronos, and that one is superb
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2023, 05:44 AM   #37
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Thanks for your reply, enjoy wearing all of them
Old 11 October 2023, 11:06 PM   #38
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

I've been wearing this everyday since I've gotten it and really loving the way it looks. I do feel bit odd with an alligator strap when I'm in tshirts and shorts 99% of the time. I feel like looking for a more casual strap... can anyone recommend some nice ones that would go with this watch?

On another note, I asked my wife to rank my watches just purely in terms of looks and nothing else. She said Lange > VC > Patek > Omega > Rolex

Old 11 October 2023, 11:28 PM   #39
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
love the combo pic - bit jealous of the GT3 - i prefer alligator straps for my Lange and have a few in different colors from Jean Rousseau - but given that you live in singapore - perhaps check out delugs?
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2023, 12:58 AM   #40
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgg43c View Post
love the combo pic - bit jealous of the GT3 - i prefer alligator straps for my Lange and have a few in different colors from Jean Rousseau - but given that you live in singapore - perhaps check out delugs?
That’s a good suggestion, thanks I’ll look into it. And don’t be too jealous of the GT3, my first tank of petrol lasted me 2 days
Old 18 October 2023, 06:47 PM   #41
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Picked up a strap from Delugs from someone's recommendation and it turned out great. I wanted something more casual and this works nicely, really loving the way it looks. I might have to pick up a few more colours.

Old 18 October 2023, 09:42 PM   #42
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 01:54 AM   #43
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Congratulations.
Thanks!
Old 20 October 2023, 05:49 AM   #44
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Double Congrats
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2023, 05:54 AM   #45
EEpro

Watch: Daytona
Big congrats!
Old 20 October 2023, 06:15 AM   #46
Passinthru
2024 Pledge Member

Huge Congrats!
And I am not sure anyone has thanked your wife for apparently being such a willing partner in all of this.
So……. big thank you Wife!
Passinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2023, 07:05 AM   #47
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1968 View Post
Double Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Big congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
Huge Congrats!
And I am not sure anyone has thanked your wife for apparently being such a willing partner in all of this.
So……. big thank you Wife!
Thanks everyone!

haha, yes the wife definitely deserves much credit for everything. I was secretly hoping she would talk me out of this craziness but she has been encouraging all the way. I'm a lucky guy!