The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 July 2024, 11:36 PM   #31
TrombleyE
"TRF" Member

My apologies if I caused an issue. I truly appreciate everyone's help.
Kind of bummed as I had an appointment with Patrick at OC today at 2 and then I was checking the site this morning and I see the watch I was probably gonna buy has been sold. Guess it wasn't meant to be. As stated, I am just trying to be safe and secure in my first Rolex purchase. I found some on the 1916 Company who is going to call me and talk. I will keep everyone posted and again, many apologies if I caused an issue.
TrombleyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 11:38 PM   #32
TrombleyE
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
Here’s my 2019…
Beautiful watch Jack. That's what I'm looking for :)
TrombleyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 12:12 AM   #33
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Help ...I'm stumped ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrombleyE View Post
My apologies if I caused an issue. I truly appreciate everyone's help.
Kind of bummed as I had an appointment with Patrick at OC today at 2 and then I was checking the site this morning and I see the watch I was probably gonna buy has been sold. Guess it wasn't meant to be. As stated, I am just trying to be safe and secure in my first Rolex purchase. I found some on the 1916 Company who is going to call me and talk. I will keep everyone posted and again, many apologies if I caused an issue.

No need to apologize. Just members giving different opinions. Keep your appointment, and check the Classified section, under Rolex Boutiques. Any of our trusted sellers here can find you what you want, including Patrick, whose name here is OCRolexGuy. Good luck! I bought a Sub from trusted seller Takuya. Great transaction! Check his site, too. He also has a Boutique here.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 12:32 AM   #34
MrMercedes
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch300 View Post
Kat, I think you should be careful giving open endorsements. He is good on the buy and sell side but that still requires a buyer being careful. Link below to a watch the is not only not "very good" it's over polished and far from factory lines. People see your high post count and will follow your advice. I believe you mean well but it's worth the note of caution.
How can you criticize KatGirl?? Someone who owns so many Rolex watches, who is basically an absolute authority on Rolex watches? Someone who owes her many forum posts to her expertise and not to the fact that she adds her two cents to almost every post and gets on a lot of members' nerves?

Hutch, please refrain from doing that in the future... because where would this forum be without the 800 daily posts from our lovely KatGirl?
MrMercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 12:52 AM   #35
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

I was just striving for content that had value to the OP. I have done many deals with trusted sellers (including OC) from the forum but prefer to provide advice that is meaningful and useful. I don't advise to buy from someone solely on reputation, you still need to evaluate the watch. As evidenced in post #28 when I chose to provide a current example that took under 60 seconds to find but that wasn't commented on. Funny how that works.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 01:09 AM   #36
KatGirl

Help ...I'm stumped ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMercedes View Post
How can you criticize KatGirl?? Someone who owns so many Rolex watches, who is basically an absolute authority on Rolex watches? Someone who owes her many forum posts to her expertise and not to the fact that she adds her two cents to almost every post and gets on a lot of members' nerves?

Hutch, please refrain from doing that in the future... because where would this forum be without the 800 daily posts from our lovely KatGirl?

I’m sorry I get on your nerves, MrMercedes. My bad! Also, I apologize for not owning enough Rolexes. I do own a lot of watches, though. For the record, I am not an expert on anything, except that I can certainly recognize sarcasm. Watches are my passion. I’m retired and have a lot of free time, so I post a lot. So what! Here’s a thought. Hit the ignore button! Don’t read my posts! Problem solved. BTW, your average daily post count, based on start date, is higher than mine.

Kat

Old 2 July 2024, 01:36 AM   #37
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I’m sorry I get on your nerves, MrMercedes. My bad! So what! Here’s a thought. Hit the ignore button! Don’t read my posts! Problem solved.

Kat

Hahaha,
Old 2 July 2024, 01:51 AM   #38
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

I think there are two things at play. You are free to interact as we all are and I don't feel like getting in trouble over any opinions there. However, the OP came for help and you should be aware that your post count illudes to experience and you gave a definitive recommendation. While it was for a trusted seller it would be best to provide the full honest picture and tips on how to make an assessment or what to look out for. We want to make sure a first time buyer who sought out help gets it.

Quote:
I’m sorry I get on your nerves, MrMercedes. My bad! Also, I apologize for not owning enough Rolexes. I do own a lot of watches, though. For the record, I am not an expert on anything, except that I can certainly recognize sarcasm. Watches are my passion. I’m retired and have a lot of free time, so I post a lot. So what! Here’s a thought. Hit the ignore button! Don’t read my posts! Problem solved.

Kat

Old 2 July 2024, 02:51 AM   #39
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Hahaha,

Thank you, my friend. I needed a good laugh. Hope you are enjoying your beautiful new BLNR!

Kat

Old 2 July 2024, 06:12 AM   #40
temporaltactix
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Not sure what your relationship is with the Jeweler you're getting it from but 13.5 is steep. If you look a little longer you can find one in the 12-12.8 range. Good Luck!
temporaltactix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 06:21 AM   #41
KatGirl

Help ...I'm stumped ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaltactix View Post
Not sure what your relationship is with the Jeweler you're getting it from but 13.5 is steep. If you look a little longer you can find one in the 12-12.8 range. Good Luck!

He’s right. More in line with prices I’ve seen here in some TRF classifieds. Some are way high! 2019, unpolished, looks great, and is just over 12,000. 116613LN Looks great to my untrained eye. All boxes and docs. Being sold by OCRolexGuy. There are several others for between 12 and 13 by other Boutique trusted sellers, as well, that appear to be in very good condition, but don’t list original date of sale in their listings. I’m just giving my impressions based on pics and listings. I urge you to look at these listings and any others you might find from reputable sellers. Remember “buy the Seller!”

Kat

Old 2 July 2024, 06:49 AM   #42
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Quote:
No need to apologize. Just members giving different opinions. Keep your appointment, and check the Classified section, under Rolex Boutiques. Any of our trusted sellers here can find you what you want, including Patrick, whose name here is OCRolexGuy. Good luck! I bought a Sub from trusted seller Takuya. Great transaction! Check his site, too. He also has a Boutique here.

Kat

Buyer Beware! And whatever you do, don’t follow advice from Kat…her years of research and experience in buying, selling and or trading Rolex can only result in Bad things for the less knowledgeable! Also, another Red Flag is her high post count. When you combine Kat’s overall good nature and good intentions w/ all that experience, then add in the high post count, you should automatically have concerns about her integrity! I say never trust a High post count! And shame on you Kat for endorsing a trusted seller! But this next part is the most crucial…if you do follow any of “Krazy Kat’s” recommendations, certainly do it blindly, and definitely don’t do any of your own due diligence by asking obvious questions of the Trusted Seller!
Glidelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 06:50 AM   #43
KatGirl

Quote:
He’s right. More in line with prices I’ve seen here in some TRF classifieds. Some are way high! 2019, unpolished, looks great, and is just over 12,000. 116613LN Looks great to my untrained eye. All boxes and docs. Being sold by OCRolexGuy. There are several others for between 12 and 13 by other Boutique trusted sellers, as well, that appear to be in very good condition, but don’t list original date of sale in their listings. I’m just giving my impressions based on pics and listings. I urge you to look at these listings and any others you might find from reputable sellers. Remember “buy the Seller!” Ask lots of questions and request any additional pics. Also ask for any service history, or recent Timegrapher reports. Get all the info you can, before committing to a deal.Good luck!

Kat

Old 2 July 2024, 07:18 AM   #44
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidelock View Post
Buyer Beware! And whatever you do, don’t follow advice from Kat…her years of research and experience in buying, selling and or trading Rolex can only result in Bad things for the less knowledgeable! Also, another Red Flag is her high post count. When you combine Kat’s overall good nature and good intentions w/ all that experience, then add in the high post count, you should automatically have concerns about her integrity! I say never trust a High post count! And shame on you Kat for endorsing a trusted seller! But this next part is the most crucial…if you do follow any of “Krazy Kat’s” recommendations, certainly do it blindly, and definitely don’t do any of your own due diligence by asking obvious questions of the Trusted Seller!

Exactly! You get me You really get me…… ROFL

Kat

Old 2 July 2024, 08:04 AM   #45
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Kat, maybe I am mistaken but you have a OP and a DJ? Just trying to narrow down your experience here. These were AD purchases. I think the high post count and information has been a little misleading and all I was trying to do is help the OP. Buying and selling entry level watches comes with very different risk and caution should be considered. Just an opinion.
Old 2 July 2024, 08:07 AM   #46
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Quote:
Exactly! You get me You really get me…… ROFL

Kat

There was a time when this forum had many Kat’s. No they didn’t go by the name Kat, but they were Kool Kat’s none the less…with legendary names like JJ and the like. They had a true interest in Rolex watches and the History of such, but as time went by, they were called to other duties!
Glidelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 08:25 AM   #47
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

I read the forum a long time before ever joining. I think members with a bit of tenure have a responsibility to provide information that is useful and accurate.
Old 2 July 2024, 08:31 AM   #48
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Thank you, my friend. I needed a good laugh. Hope you are enjoying your beautiful new BLNR!

Kat

I am and thank you!!!
Old 2 July 2024, 03:58 PM   #49
Mimar2910
Banned

Congrats in advance! You found a great reference for a start,
The difference between the two watches is mainly the production year and little design difference, but you can't go wrong with either of them.
Mimar2910 is offline   Reply With Quote