The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 27 November 2007, 04:14 PM   #31
Burley1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettk View Post
well I think anyone is justified in owning a rolex either new or second-hand. In fact my reasons for owning a rolex are likely pathetic compared to any of you and *maybe* i have more of them? So my belief is that there is a single wrist watch manufacturer that not only builds a precision instrument that is accurate BUT is intended to be worn no matter where and when. This being Rolex. Other manufacturers offer specs, and applications for wearing etc. But Rolex takes pride in almost "daring" you never to take it off. If you personally do remove it before swimming, the shower, whatever you think may harm it then you are missing the point of a Rolex (at least the sports line) My new GMT went on my wrist and in the ocean the following day. The day after i was clanking camera lenses on it (im a journalist photog). I don't baby that shit. Its a tank. A "life time" watch. Not to be coddled with a water pick or whatever. in fact i think its a SIN they make them in Gold and Steel. How gay is that? what the fuck are you doing in the office with a submariner champ? Wear a DJ at the office and stop being an asshole with a dive watch and a suit for &**( sake! So Id rather see someone with a fake DJ at the office then some faggot with a TT sub at a desk playing Action jackson in his fantasy world. You you know your too pussy to wear that thing in the places it was meant to go? Like your SUV that never leaves the road. Thats a TT sub. Now raise your hand if you scuba dive. I didnt think so. And if you do you put on that shitty casio. The Sub is for "show" so unlike the rest of you turds I actually apply my rolex and if you happen to think im a baller for having 9 of them then fine. But if not then i dont care. All i know is it tells good time and can withstand the harsh elements. I can also tell time in various time zones. Something you desk jockey james bond wanna be's dont ever need unless you set your GMT hand to the time your wife needs you home from the poker night. So give it a rest. There are two types of rolex owners: A. Status man (the thing could have shit in the case but if it says rolex they buy it) B. Me: reputation, reliability, elegance, accurate, trusted. And yes, I have a daytona in SS. Ask me what fucking model number?? dont know. Dont give a shit either. I bought it new and thats all i need. I dont need to give a shit about the 1567o000 or whatever? who cares? and in my opinion you are a silly person for owning a sports watch in ANY precious metal. A douche bag. period. Precious metals DO NOT BELONG ON SPORTS WATCHES YOU PRETENTIOUS TWAATS.

It isnt everyday you can you the words douche bag!
Old 27 November 2007, 06:30 PM   #32
Tombstone
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub and others
Very good question "What do you think people think when the see us all wearing Rolex's?” I don't think that many people look at our watches. Not many people have noticed my Rolex watches over the years. I bought my Rolex watches for me, I enjoy them and every once in a while another Rolex fan will notice the watch I am wearing, we have a pleasant conversation, and then we move on. Ironically I have seen and spoke with more Rolex fans while standing in line at Disneyland than any other place. Guess people get tired of waiting in line. Welcome to the forum.
Old 27 November 2007, 06:43 PM   #33
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRolex View Post
AGREED MY FRIEND! However, be forwarned you will be shot and killed on site for making that statement here- just ask the owner/mod (before i'm banned) Yes I own a genuine sub, but unlike the gutless gods that dwell here, I DO NOT consider a person to be fake simply because they love the look, but cannot afford the real deal. BAN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, since you literally asked for it.

Advocating fakes is one thing, but repeatedly posting in this thread to grind an axe with any of the mods, or members for that matter, is infantile behaviour that this forum can do without. The "Oh, you think you were poor?" bit was funny when Monty Python did it, but somehow your rendition seemed to be lacking in comedy. All said, your continued presence here is simply a waste of bandwidth.
Old 27 November 2007, 07:06 PM   #34
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Frankly, while this thread did not start off as a discussion of fakes, folks here brought their own agendas aboard and it all went downhill from there.

I'm locking this thread. Also, the rule about fakes is clear enough, but people don't seem to be getting the message. One mistake is the house limit - if anybody wants to keep talking about their fakes, rules and penalties will be enforced.