The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 April 2022, 06:31 AM   #31
droso
"TRF" Member

Seems like everyone’s AD tells them something different! I received my sub date this month from Goldsmiths after about 6m wait. Had bought a lady’s DJ 3y ago and bought a Breitling a few months before getting the call. From talking to staff in the AD my understanding is that you can’t buy a professional model as you’re first Rolex and spend history is key. I also think if you buy other brands it works in your favour (and counts towards spend history) as it proves you’re into watches and not just the Rolex hype. Interestingly at the time of buying my sub I registered my interest for a BLRO and the SA made a comment that it’ll probably come sooner than I expect since I’ve purchased a sub off them. There is a possibility they favour returning Rolex customers? Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
droso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2022, 07:20 AM   #32
dontbeshort
"TRF" Member

Watch: LN LV BLRO BLNR
All allocations are made in store at my local WOS AD. Only got a very modest spend histoire. Have got to know the SA who bats in my corner when allocations come into store. I’m not a flipper and he trusts that. So far so good .
dontbeshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2022, 03:22 AM   #33
ChrisLB1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Bought a Bluesy recently after 11 months wait from Goldsmiths - 1st purchase from them, albeit my 4th Rolex
Showed him pictures of my collection, got on really well with the SA - couldn’t recommend them highly enough ��
ChrisLB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2022, 03:23 AM   #34
ChrisLB1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Bought a Bluesy recently after 11 months wait from Goldsmiths - 1st purchase from them, albeit my 4th Rolex
Showed him pictures of my collection, got on really well with the SA - couldn’t recommend them highly enough 😊
ChrisLB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2022, 05:38 AM   #35
MrMikee
"TRF" Member

Sounds like once you get the first Rolex you’re in. The trouble is getting that first Rolex! I’m going to pop in and visit my SA soon for another chat and see how I go. Good thing is I’m ok the list and have some spend history. She turned the screen around and showed me that I’m on there, stating the watches I want etc
MrMikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2023, 08:38 PM   #36
bestkepttime
"TRF" Member

any more recent news on this ?
bestkepttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2023, 11:52 PM   #37
Gooding85
"TRF" Member

I know they keep notes about customers following store interactions as I got shown mine ��
Gooding85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 12:18 AM   #38
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollie
Yes, salesperson seems to type something up whenever I pop in for a chat. Hmm....
S.Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 12:21 AM   #39
bestkepttime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooding85 View Post
I know they keep notes about customers following store interactions as I got shown mine ��
interesting all good i Hope !!
Old 22 January 2023, 12:43 PM   #40
rockysw
"TRF" Member

I am not sure how WOS model works. They mostly have rolex boutiques now, and only sell rolex there (even if boutique is part of the same store the SAs for Rolex are separate).

So is it that they look at your overall history with the WOS group (regardless of the store) and make the decision by looking at customers overall purchase history across the group rather than just the store? Does any one has insight?
rockysw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 12:47 PM   #41
calebb90
Banned

Blood oath and living sacrifice if you got on the list after 2019.
calebb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 01:41 PM   #42
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Explorer View Post
Yes, salesperson seems to type something up whenever I pop in for a chat. Hmm....

Start taking notes of your SA simultaneously in return. Would love to see their face

LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 07:12 PM   #43
Skabadi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskyrolex View Post
Rolex Boutiques in the US generally operate this way too. I don't see an issue with it. Start off with an OP/DJ, move on to a Sub and so forth. Certainly better than being asked to buy undesirable and overpriced jewelry.
Agreed. Same with my AD. I’ve spent a huge amount of time building my purchase history with WOS which I’d say been good to me. I’d be very pissed off if my allocation was given to someone with no purchase or has not built any relationship with the AD.

People who complain should stop complaining, put the effort in and play the game.
Skabadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 09:41 PM   #44
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Explorer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
Start taking notes of your SA simultaneously in return. Would love to see their face

I'll whip out my notebook next time!

The SA has been good to me, did get an OP without spend history last year. Just waiting for a few other pieces.
S.Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2023, 01:01 AM   #45
MrMikee
"TRF" Member

Since creating this post I have picked up two watches. DJ 41 Wimbledon and a OP 41 Green dial. Both from WOS and the same SA. My only purchase history is a BB 58 blue dial.

I honestly have no idea how it all works.. but I would pop into my AD every few months or so. Nothing excessive.. I’d mostly talk about watches and sometimes try on any new pieces they had. Like the BB pro, ranger etc.

I do believe there is an element of ‘relationship’ to it. At no point have I purchased a watch or jewellery I didn’t want.
MrMikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2023, 01:22 AM   #46
ikincooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
From my experience, a combination of spend history (needed for certain models) and a SA singing your praises is what’s needed. Clearly the 2 aspects are linked too!

I bought my first Rolex from a WOS AD in 2016 and after buying 2 more in 2021 (plus getting a service sorted) I started asking seriously for a SS Daytona to celebrate a milestone birthday in mid 2022. Whilst I wasn’t told directly that I needed to spend more, I was told that they had a customer who’d spent about £20k more than me, and that they’d still need to spend a little more before likely being eligible for a Daytona and that even then they’d have a long wait. Not nice to hear but I appreciated understanding where I stood.

Fast forward to this last week (and having increased my spend history towards the end of 2022 by just over £20k), I get called and offered a SS Daytona. The total spend figure given it’s been over a large number of years really isn’t that high!

Hope the above insights help/are of interest.

ikincooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 07:32 AM   #47
bestkepttime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikincooper View Post
From my experience, a combination of spend history (needed for certain models) and a SA singing your praises is what’s needed. Clearly the 2 aspects are linked too!

I bought my first Rolex from a WOS AD in 2016 and after buying 2 more in 2021 (plus getting a service sorted) I started asking seriously for a SS Daytona to celebrate a milestone birthday in mid 2022. Whilst I wasn’t told directly that I needed to spend more, I was told that they had a customer who’d spent about £20k more than me, and that they’d still need to spend a little more before likely being eligible for a Daytona and that even then they’d have a long wait. Not nice to hear but I appreciated understanding where I stood.

Fast forward to this last week (and having increased my spend history towards the end of 2022 by just over £20k), I get called and offered a SS Daytona. The total spend figure given it’s been over a large number of years really isn’t that high!

Hope the above insights help/are of interest.

interesting
Old 5 February 2023, 05:36 AM   #48
bestkepttime
"TRF" Member

ok
Old 5 February 2023, 06:09 AM   #49
RogerOP
Banned

What ever it is, it’s all BS and random.

x2 Tudor
x2 Rolex.
£2K+ on my Mrs jewellery too.

Waiting on a sub for over a year.
RogerOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 07:31 AM   #50
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerOP View Post
What ever it is, it’s all BS and random.

x2 Tudor
x2 Rolex.
£2K+ on my Mrs jewellery too.

Waiting on a sub for over a year.
Grey is your best bet. Market low just now so you’ll not pay that much (compared to last year) over for a sub. Could be your best option.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 04:11 PM   #51
RogerOP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Grey is your best bet. Market low just now so you’ll not pay that much (compared to last year) over for a sub. Could be your best option.
Yep.

I’ve seen they’re around £11.5 -12.5 online greys but not sure about physical stores where I can whittle them down a bit.

I’ve got to get a new mortgage this summer and my birthday is in July so I’ll give them up to then and I’ve I’ve heard nothing I’ll just go Grey Christmas.
Old 5 February 2023, 05:02 PM   #52
DAC2
Banned

Watch: Pt 228206 ice blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMikee View Post
Hi All, anyone have any insights into how watches of Switzerland in the UK allocate their watches? Is it done at their head office based on spend history and wait time? Or is it simply, if you know the SA or store manager, you’re more likely to get a watch. Does anyone have any actual insights? Maybe you know a SA at WOS and they mentioned it to you. No need to post assumptions..
I have heard that the head office is the one who decides who gets the high end pieces like platinum DD etc. I have a friend that got a PM from WOS but his SA had to actually build a case for him getting it. It took nearly a year but he finally got the piece. His SA told him it had to go thru the head office for approval.
Really just AMAZING these games.
DAC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 05:40 PM   #53
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
This is exactly why people choose grey dealers. By the time you establish a “relationship” with an AD, you’d have spent money on unwanted pieces, while still waiting for the one that you actually want. In the end the premium you’d pay on the grey market might actually be less that all the unwanted watches and jewellery you had to buy from an AD, AND you get the watch you want immediately.

AD game is lame and I for one can’t be bothered to play it.
Old 5 February 2023, 09:41 PM   #54
Bluemooner87
"TRF" Member

I struggled with WOS spent a good hour in mappin and Webb manchester with David in August, he was pleasant and made me feel like I was in with a chance of getting an op41 and maybe a explorer II, tried to keep in touch via email, no joy, won't even take calls. I dont have spend history with them, therein lies the answer why. I will not out of principle spend with a company who treats their clients this way.
Bluemooner87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 10:13 PM   #55
RogerOP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemooner87 View Post
I struggled with WOS spent a good hour in mappin and Webb manchester with David in August, he was pleasant and made me feel like I was in with a chance of getting an op41 and maybe a explorer II, tried to keep in touch via email, no joy, won't even take calls. I dont have spend history with them, therein lies the answer why. I will not out of principle spend with a company who treats their clients this way.
I’d say it’s good customer service for a Citeh fan :p

Jokes aside I’m going to the Leeds game on Wednesday and I previously told my SA I got my stuff from that I’ll be up at some point, but honestly I feel it’s a fucking waste of time even going in and being pleasant.

I still can’t find a Pelegos 39 anywhere to even try let along buy. After W&W this year I think things will get a bit better, but doubt WoS will be more flexible.
Old 5 February 2023, 10:25 PM   #56
Bluemooner87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerOP View Post
I’d say it’s good customer service for a Citeh fan :p

Jokes aside I’m going to the Leeds game on Wednesday and I previously told my SA I got my stuff from that I’ll be up at some point, but honestly I feel it’s a fucking waste of time even going in and being pleasant.

I still can’t find a Pelegos 39 anywhere to even try let along buy. After W&W this year I think things will get a bit better, but doubt WoS will be more flexible.
Lol! Guilty

It's crazy how things are, ultimatly the salesperson said people are only buying OP's as a stepping stone into a sports model, funny thing is I love the OP, I'm a big fan of 3 hands no date simplicity. Can't bring myself to go grey though!
Bluemooner87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 10:45 PM   #57
Hulkhunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
You have done well picking up those pieces OP. Both great!

Sounds like you are making the correct impression.

The problem must people have is that they take the whole thing personally.
There are hundreds of people at your AD all asking for the same pieces, each individual feels entitled that they should be getting the watch.
Just because they have purchased a £2k Tudor and waited 6 months they should have the steel Sub. There are long established customers who have spent way more and waited way longer in most cases people need to understand this. Having a sense of entitlement won’t get you anywhere.
I work with a few ADs and have had reasonable success in getting what I want but it took a few years to make traction with some ADs and quicker with others. There are many variables
**126518LN Daytona - Gold with black subs**
Hulkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 09:09 AM   #58
rockysw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkhunter View Post
You have done well picking up those pieces OP. Both great!

Sounds like you are making the correct impression.

The problem must people have is that they take the whole thing personally.
There are hundreds of people at your AD all asking for the same pieces, each individual feels entitled that they should be getting the watch.
Just because they have purchased a £2k Tudor and waited 6 months they should have the steel Sub. There are long established customers who have spent way more and waited way longer in most cases people need to understand this. Having a sense of entitlement won’t get you anywhere.
I work with a few ADs and have had reasonable success in getting what I want but it took a few years to make traction with some ADs and quicker with others. There are many variables

i am not sure I agree with you. The whole process of tying rolex purchase with other purchases is immoral and unethical. Even in banking, there are regulations that bank cant offer favorable deals to clients in return for other business. So its surprises me that there are no regulations to safeguard consumer (but there are to safeguard large corporates).
rockysw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 09:26 AM   #59
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwood_ View Post
Adding my experience.

Bought a Tudor from WOS a year ago and had other watches serviced through them. Yet to be allocated the sub / DJ I registered interest for. I drop past every couple months, seem to get along well with my SA, they’ve invited me to a few events. Haven’t been offered anything.

In the meantime I went to another AD, bought an engagement ring and got a sub 6 weeks later. Have since been offered a few different steel DJ variations.

I don’t bother wasting my time with WOS anymore.
I agree, don't pin your hopes on one AD. You might be pleasantly surprised when you shop around (kinda like dating...ha!). Repeatedly banging your head against the same door can be futile. Some folks advocate small gifts to your SA, but I don't agree with that. Good luck in your search. Cheers!
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 11:37 AM   #60
RogerOP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTockChuck View Post
I agree, don't pin your hopes on one AD. You might be pleasantly surprised when you shop around (kinda like dating...ha!). Repeatedly banging your head against the same door can be futile. Some folks advocate small gifts to your SA, but I don't agree with that. Good luck in your search. Cheers!
But the question is, which other AD?!

I Only know of Loupe and Bucherer who aren’t under the WoS umbrella.