The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 May 2020, 05:04 AM   #31
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
I wouldn’t say specific models. I’m more drawn to smaller watches. 44mm used to be my standard. Currently, I wear 34mm more than anything.

So, I guess you could say the modern OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 05:07 AM   #32
Tsurara
"TRF" Member

For Rolex: Sky Dweller, used to think it was too much, now I love it.
Other: Patek Aquanaut, I saw one in person and its gorgeous
Tsurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 06:51 AM   #33
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
116610ln
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 07:05 AM   #34
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Loved the Daytona and wanted one until I met it. Too small for me to read easily. Apart from the main dial, which kinda defeats the object of having a chrono function with sub dials. Still love the design. Every time I see it in an advertisement or on a website I just have to stop and look. It's so achingly cool. But I don't want one any more.

Didn't love the Sky Dweller. Then it started to fascinate me. The cleverness won me over but I knew it would be too big for me. I was wrong about that. It's perfect.

Loved the SS and PM six digit BLROs from first sight. PM is out, and AD had closed their list within days of the announcement. The silly prices being asked for the SS cooled off my admiration. I fell out of love with it, not for what it was so much as what it had quickly come to represent. Lately I've been warming to it again. I don't think it will amount to anything.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 07:07 AM   #35
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Loved the Daytona and wanted one until I met it. Too small for me to read easily. Apart from the main dial, which kinda defeats the object of having a chrono function with sub dials. Still love the design. Every time I see it in an advertisement or on a website I just have to stop and look. It's so achingly cool. But I don't want one any more.

Didn't love the Sky Dweller. Then it started to fascinate me. The cleverness won me over but I knew it would be too big for me. I was wrong about that. It's perfect.

Loved the SS and PM six digit BLROs from first sight. PM is out, and AD had closed their list within days of the announcement. The silly prices being asked for the SS cooled off my admiration. I fell out of love with it, not for what it was so much as what it had quickly come to represent. Lately I've been warming to it again. I don't think it will amount to anything.
I originally had no interest in the Daytona; now it's my favorite watch in the Rolex line-up. I now own two of them and neither is Stainless.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 07:19 AM   #36
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Yes, the MK I 116660 was something I couldn't appreciate at either in concept or the details.
That changed when I stumbled upon the MK II and noticed the details.
As I was looking for a larger Rolex than was typically on offer and the price was right so I took a punt on it.

After the adjustment period and i stopped to take more notice of the watch overall, the light went on in my head.

The rest is history and i now have both variants which totally completes the Rolex component of my current watch collection.
I don't like them. I love them
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 01:49 AM   #37
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Richard Mille generally. Couldn’t stand them. Now I’m obsessed by the 67-02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 02:24 AM   #38
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Within the Rolex brand, I used to dislike the Explorer-I and Explorer-II. Actually not so much dislike as much as 'un-interested by'. After trying spending a few days with my brother's Explorer-I, it quickly become one of my favorite watches.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 03:00 AM   #39
MRPWRPATX21
"TRF" Member

I’ve liked a number of Rolexes, and generally don’t “dislike” anything, but I surprised myself on which one I wound up with first. Love the new Daytona, but obvious issues exist; always liked the YMs, so I’m hoping to get one as soon as my AD gets their next shipment (assuming it’s in said shipment). Was on the hunt for a matte dial 16800, as I’m not a huge fan of the larger format Subs/DS, then started to consider a 90’s era give or take GMT as a more casual daily wear option until the right 16800 came along. Out of no where I decided the 16570 fit that mark perfectly, and was able to find one I liked, and got it this morning.

So, went on an interesting progression before finally landing the first (because let’s be honest...).
MRPWRPATX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 03:08 AM   #40
Johnpierpontmorgan
Banned

DateJust.

Something that I haven’t thought I would buy, other than sports stainless steel rolex

But now looking at buying one dj preowned
Johnpierpontmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 03:15 AM   #41
qua13
Banned

I looked the right way and I saw the beautiful side of my SkyDweller of which I never liked.
qua13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 05:30 AM   #42
j-watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK, BLRO, 16523
Yep, my Hulk! Hated it the first time my AD tried to get me to try it on. I simply said, "nope.....leave it in the case". Fast forward to 2017, and I happened to see one in the sun out in the real world....and POW! Had to have it after that encounter. Still do, and it puts a smile on my face every time I wear it.
j-watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 06:11 AM   #43
Spence4
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
At first I did not like the BLRO. Didn’t like the jubilee or the cyclops. Bought the Tudor GMT in August 2018 and really liked it a ton - I still do - even after trying on the BLRO, I was convinced I made the right choice. Fast forward to Baselworld 2019 and I saw the BLRO in the window and something just flipped. Jubilee wasn’t so bad and neither was the cyclops. Got myself onto an AD list and received it last week. It’s amazing. Not quite as nice as my 116520, but it is pretty close.
Spence4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 06:14 AM   #44
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Sem View Post
Over time tastes change and you might find yourself wanting something you previously didn’t.

For example I was indifferent to a BLRO until I had seen one in person and it is an absolutely beautiful watch.

I saw the post yesterday about the alleged rumors of the Hulk being discontinued and I couldn’t care less. On my drive to work this morning I found myself thinking “that’s actually a pretty cool watch” I will not go buy one but all of a sudden I don’t hate it.

Has that ever happened to anyone else?
Absolutely, I have totally warmed up to blue bezel Yachtmasters and basically all Sky Dwellers. However, I had a Kermit in early 2004, sold it a few years ago to buy my Deep Blue JC DSSD. I miss it now but I don't think I like the Hulk?!
Old 28 May 2020, 06:35 AM   #45
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
My taste in watches has evolved.

I’d say early on, I was focused solely on aesthetics. Now I’m more focused on the total package which includes wearability.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 06:54 AM   #46
MrMercedes
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many!
The BLRO; MK1: didn´t like the colour, the jubilee. But after the MK3 was released, it was pure love!
MrMercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 06:58 AM   #47
Malibuboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: SMUUURF

I don’t know why, but recently I have been considering a dress watch. All of a sudden I find myself smitten with a time only nautilus.

Who knew?
Malibuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 08:02 AM   #48
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Sold my explorer1. Still lust after it. I go and try one on every now and then to remind myself why I sold it!
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 09:23 AM   #49
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Yes, 116610LV (Hulk). Didn't like it at all initially. Saw one in the wild and that green dial popped. Picked it up the next week. This was a few years ago when they still had steel watches in the case
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 11:51 AM   #50
Joearch
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
Datejust never excited me and in the last 4 years I added 2 to my collection..
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 11:53 AM   #51
Stud Screw
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233
Ok, maybe off topic, but I was never a big fan of rubber straps, but the more I wear them in the heat and humidity, the more I love them.

“Better to have thunk wrong than not thunk at all.”
Stud Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 12:17 PM   #52
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Rainbow Daytona

Thought it was a garish mess that devalued Rolex to me but then I accepted it for the garish masterpiece it was.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 06:12 PM   #53
horseShu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Aqua Terra
Not really.
I think the Daytona and Air-King are solid watches, but they just didn't bond with me.

Years later, after seeing them in pictures and in the flesh (or in the metal)... nah, still doesn't do anything for me.
horseShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 06:19 PM   #54
LChanyungco
"TRF" Member

Yes, the Daytona.
LChanyungco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 08:25 PM   #55
fmc000
Banned

YM 40mm, the only Rolex I would consider buying today.
The Tudor Pelagos, i just need a little push to buy it.

On the contrary, I used to love the Royal Oak and now I'm completely indifferent to it.

Watches very sought after that I didn't like before and I still don't like now: Nautilus and BLRO, I consider both ugly as hell.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 01:43 AM   #56
kodak
Banned

Most definitely..I guess sometimes an experience changes our thoughts.. At first you might get disappointed after craving for a particular piece, then you finally get it but the feeling becomes different..I guess it all happens to the best of us.
kodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 01:47 AM   #57
encarter13
"TRF" Member

Daytona. Still not crazy about it, but it is growing on me.
Old 29 May 2020, 02:15 AM   #58
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
I used to have an irrational disgust for all things Patek Philippe, but something changed and I do love the Aquanaut. Not nearly enough to pony up for one, but I finally appreciate it. Still not the Nautilus, and still nothing from AP. But the Aquanaut is something I'd wear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5167A_001.jpg (27.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 5968A-4.jpg (75.8 KB, 43 views)
Old 29 May 2020, 02:19 AM   #59
HauteHorlogerie
Banned

Watch: 519LN | 64A
Aquanaaut - thought it was soooo ugly now i own 3
HauteHorlogerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 09:58 AM   #60
TimeOnHand
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Air-King
I felt the same way as Yess above... didn’t think much of the Air-King till one day I tried it on! Since then I has become my favourite watch!