The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 May 2006, 10:16 AM   #31
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman8
Actually you need to have owned 17 Rolexes to be Senior Member..
ROFLMAO
Old 12 May 2006, 11:37 AM   #32
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
NO, you need to be a bald nut job to do that. JJ, you resemble my remark.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 03:40 PM   #33
Flick
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD
Quote:

Man, that's gonna take me another 50 years or so.

On a side note. I have a question about my certificate. I purchased from Ben Bridge as I post earlier and anyway the certificate doesn't have the 3 digit number preceeding the serial number. Is it suppose to be there or am I missing something.

Thanks in advance.
Flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 03:40 PM   #34
Flick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
Congrats Matt and welcome to TRF. I graduated from UH in the mid ninties as we are about the same age. I grew up in Seattle and live in Dallas now, though I miss Hawaii bad. Both my folks are from the islands and most all of my family still lives there. I was home visiting is January, good lord I miss it.

I was actually listening to some Hawaiian jams in the car today.
Hey Daren,

Been here 10 years and love it.
Old 12 May 2006, 04:28 PM   #35
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
That's it, Steven...one way of getting into the swing of things!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 04:55 PM   #36
Flick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
That's it, Steven...one way of getting into the swing of things!!
Hey JJ know anything about the 3 digits not being in front of my serial number by chance.
Old 12 May 2006, 04:59 PM   #37
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick
Hey JJ know anything about the 3 digits not being in front of my serial number by chance.
Sorry, could you rephrase that, Flick...not sure what you mean.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 12 May 2006, 05:02 PM   #38
Flick
"TRF" Member

The 3 digits that are suppose to be before the serial number on the certficate to tell you what the country of origin is. It's in the Rolex faq sticky about halfway down. Gives 3 digit country codes to tell you where your Rolex originated from. Mine only has the serial and no 3 digit code on the warranty certificate.
Old 12 May 2006, 05:10 PM   #39
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
The 3 digits that are suppose to be before the serial number on the certficate to tell you what the country of origin is. It's in the Rolex faq sticky about halfway down. Gives 3 digit country codes to tell you where your Rolex originated from. Mine only has the serial and no 3 digit code on the warranty certificate.
Ah, okay, I get what you mean. Seems watches sold in the USA don't have perforated serial numbers on their certificates and no 3-number code to denote country of origin. Don't know why!!

My certificate has 810 which denotes Australia. We in NZ get all our watches from Rolex HQ in Melbourne.

JJ

Old 12 May 2006, 05:22 PM   #40
Flick
"TRF" Member

Ahh, so since it's sold in the US, it's not a big deal, and I shouldn't worry about that it's not there. Is that what your saying?
Old 12 May 2006, 05:24 PM   #41
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Ahh, so since it's sold in the US, it's not a big deal, and I shouldn't worry about that it's not there. Is that what you say?
Yes, Flick. Also you will notice that your serial number is merely typed out on the certificate....not peforated.

Old 12 May 2006, 05:31 PM   #42
Flick
"TRF" Member

Yes exactly, ok I feel a lot better. I know I purchased from an AD, but was a little worried about the lack of 3 digits. Thanks for the conformation JJ.
Old 12 May 2006, 05:33 PM   #43
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Yes exactly, ok I feel a lot better. I know I purchased from an AD, but was a little worried about the lack of 3 digits. Thanks for the conformation JJ.
No worries, pal...if you're happy, then I'm happy too!!

Old 12 May 2006, 08:10 PM   #44
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
No, no, no, Steven - that's senile, not senior.
Old 13 May 2006, 06:53 AM   #45
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken
No, no, no, Steven - that's senile, not senior.
Now, that was funny!!

Old 13 May 2006, 06:58 AM   #46
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
No worries, pal...if you're happy, then I'm happy too!!
Wrong bottles JJ
Old 13 May 2006, 03:53 PM   #47
Atl

Watch: GMT II, new Subbie
Quote:
Do you have to own four watches to be a full fledged member of this forum?
It depends, either four watches, or one watch and three sheep, preferably slow moving ones, JJ can fix you up.
Atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2006, 04:07 AM   #48
AdamSD-DC
"TRF" Member

Flick,
yes, definitely a great purchase! I too just bought my first Rolex this week (from Tiny Jewel Box in Washington D.C.). So far, I am really happy with it. However, I notice you rec'd an anchor key-chain in your kit. I don't really care about the swag, but didn't get the anchor in my box. Does anyone else know whether this is typical? Should I go marching over to TJB and demand an anchor? Could the lack of an anchor harm my watch's resale? Thanks gang! This is a great group!
AdamSD-DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2006, 04:17 AM   #49
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSD-DC
Flick,
yes, definitely a great purchase! I too just bought my first Rolex this week (from Tiny Jewel Box in Washington D.C.). So far, I am really happy with it. However, I notice you rec'd an anchor key-chain in your kit. I don't really care about the swag, but didn't get the anchor in my box. Does anyone else know whether this is typical? Should I go marching over to TJB and demand an anchor? Could the lack of an anchor harm my watch's resale? Thanks gang! This is a great group!
First Adam welcome to TRF Anchors are no longer supplied in the USA on new model Subs or SDs now.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2006, 04:28 AM   #50
AdamSD-DC
"TRF" Member

Thanks Padi

Thanks for the quick response! I just realized that I committed a newbie error and, had I spent two more mins. searching the site, I would have learned about the anchor elsewhere. Thanks for the info however!
Glad to be here!
AdamSD-DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2006, 04:37 AM   #51
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Welcome Adam, to this great forum. The dumbest question one can ask is the one you DON'T ask! Everyone started out a noobee, only some people tend to forget this. Not here
Old 14 May 2006, 05:37 AM   #52
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Flick,
Hi Adam,

A BIG welcome to TRF!! The anchor seems to have been discontinued with the Subs, but one of the guys (Flick) who bought an SD just a few days ago did receive the anchor.

One more thing....if you do manage to somehow get your hands on an anchor, please don't use it as a keychain and put it in your pocket. You might impale your jewels!!

Cheers - JJ

Old 14 May 2006, 07:41 AM   #53
Flick
"TRF" Member

Yeah, kind of weird about the anchor thing. Do you think they made a mistake and pulled an anchor from another box or something? It really sounds like I shoudn't have gotten one.
Old 14 May 2006, 09:14 AM   #54
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Flick,
Welcome to TRF Adam.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2006, 10:56 AM   #55
Lol-x
Facilitator

One thing you come to learn about Rolex is there little anomolies.

This means that there is no real answer about the anchor, you go to an AD and you might or might not get one, maybe the AD has a stock of them, maybe Rolex included one, maybe the SD was sitting in a safe for 12 months reserved for a customer who never came through and you got it and that watch just happened to have an anchor.

You just can't tell for sure, but it does appear to be true that Rolex is not now issuing anchors with their Subs or SDs, but maybe that was just because they didn't have stock of anchors for a short time.

There does seem to be a lot of "D" serial as new Subs and SDs for sale on auction sites that do and do not have anchors, so again go figure....

Anyway, enjoy the watch, the watch is the main thing and a SD is one of the best!

Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2006, 11:54 AM   #56
C.J.
"TRF" Member

edt

Last edited by C.J.; 25 May 2006 at 05:23 AM..
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2006, 12:17 PM   #57
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Welcome to TRF both Flick and Adam. You have just joined an elite bunch of nut cases.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2006, 04:43 PM   #58
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-AJ
Welcome to TRF both Flick and Adam. You have just joined an elite bunch of nut cases.
"Elite" is correct...but some nuttier than others!!

Old 14 May 2006, 05:07 PM   #59
Flick
"TRF" Member

Hey guys,

Just figured out that my spot on accuracy(4 days now, now slightly off, 2 sec fast or so, didn't put it in the winder last night) is being caused by my nightly position and normal day time where. Duh. If I leave it in this position at night, running only 3 minutes/hour:

It loses about 2 seconds over a 6-8 hour period. During the day(16 hours or so) it almost gains 1.5 seconds. So comparing the first 2 days lead me to believe it was spot on, but actually it probably gains about 2 secs a day(24 hour period), which is still outstanding precision for this brand new fine SD. All this found by luck, which I'm happy about because I know how to regulate it by position.
Old 15 May 2006, 01:57 AM   #60
Flick
"TRF" Member

Did a check this morning after leaving it on the winder overnight and it's less than half a second fast. Lost almost 2 full seconds in an 8 hour period, which I'm not worried about because the position it needs to be in to lose the time is not a normal wear position by any means. I'm really happy about this as now I can defiently regulate probably within a second or two everyday without having to worry about setting it, except for changing the date on 31 day months and February. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!