The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 February 2018, 11:30 AM   #31
JTL31
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Looks great Chadri! I sooo hope Tudor makes a smaller version for the ladies someday.
Unrelated - you did the mock up for me w/LVc on jubilee. Thanks again, I might add! AD said they nor Rolex would touch the watch since band isn't original to the model. Does that imply all you talented WIS folks have to reinstall original bands/straps for servicing? Or was I being told a "ya know what my AD told me" line?
Regards!
JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 12:25 PM   #32
PLNYC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Damn! Sorry to hear Peter. As I said, this totally changed the game for me. I’ve always loved my B.B. but it was starting to lose some serious wrist time cause I had a hard time finding a solution that both looked great and fit like a glove.

I wear my BB mostly as a “beater” for lack of a better term. It’s my work watch. Which means I wear it liberally, but it also means it MUST be comfortable.

Hope you can get another. To me this is the number one way to wear it, and I’ll
Occasionally throw it on leather or bracelet for a bit of fun.
I’m really thinking about picking another one up! Especially now since the everest band is available.
Old 14 February 2018, 01:03 PM   #33
Polarbears
Banned

Watch: 16570
What’s the expected lifetime of a Rubber Everest Strap?
Polarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 01:04 PM   #34
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLNYC View Post
Wow looks amazing, Chadri! I had the same problem with my Black Bay and that’s why I sold it. I wish these straps were available before I sold it...
Time to reunite!
Old 14 February 2018, 01:05 PM   #35
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbears View Post
What’s the expected lifetime of a Rubber Everest Strap?
I’ve owned mine for 3 years now and it’s holding up great. I switch between strap and bracelet regularly.
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 01:18 PM   #36
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb69 View Post
I’ve owned mine for 3 years now and it’s holding up great. I switch between strap and bracelet regularly.
That’s great to know! Thank you.
Old 14 February 2018, 01:21 PM   #37
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
It does look great Chadri!

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 01:27 PM   #38
HogwldFLTR
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Too many to list!
It does look terrific; It would be super nice with a deployant clasp!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 01:32 PM   #39
ap1

Thanks for the effort. Did you give thought to the Pelagos rubber with bb end links. That’s my preferred setup as I like the endlink look. Fits me great too.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 01:32 PM   #40
Rjongco
"TRF" Member

Definitely need to get one soon
Rjongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 01:55 PM   #41
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Thanks for the effort. Did you give thought to the Pelagos rubber with bb end links. That’s my preferred setup as I like the endlink look. Fits me great too.
Definitely! I’d like to try it. I haven’t gone crazy trying to find one but I do keep an eye on the classifieds. I don’t think I’d be able to buy one from Rolex unless I had a pelagos.

I may have seen it before but share some pics if you have em!
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 01:58 PM   #42
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
It does look terrific; It would be super nice with a deployant clasp!!!
Totally agree. It would be so much fun. The whole strap design would have to change though I think. The bracelet clasp is pretty wide. My guess is wider than the width of the strap where it’d meet the clasp.

But if they could make it work that’d be killer!

When I bought my first Everest I wanted the buckle. I figured I’d like to keep the bracelet together for quicker change-ups. After a while I got used to tinkering with my watches, boughtt the right tools and now I’m all about using the oem clasp. To me it’s a much more pleasing way of wearing the watch, plus it looks cool :)
Old 14 February 2018, 05:30 PM   #43
RolexEDC
"TRF" Member

Keeper

Just to let you guys know I also ordered the Everest Band for my BBB, I was unhappy with the large keep that it came with. Emailed them and told them about how big it is and keeps sliding off the band throughout the day. They sent me ONE, I emailed them back and ask to another one so both would even in size. They sent me another one. Now I'm happy with the results. I wish they have a option to use my deployment clasps tho..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4529.JPG (78.6 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4656.JPG (53.3 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4657.JPG (99.5 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4658.JPG (119.2 KB, 130 views)
RolexEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 08:30 PM   #44
ap1

Quote:
Definitely! I’d like to try it. I haven’t gone crazy trying to find one but I do keep an eye on the classifieds. I don’t think I’d be able to buy one from Rolex unless I had a pelagos.

I may have seen it before but share some pics if you have em!

I purchased pelagos rubber only with tang from AD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 08:57 PM   #45
Rex-mars
Banned

Very nice, thanks for the review
Rex-mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 09:25 PM   #46
dr35mm
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58
Think this makes it a even more attractive watch. I’ve never been a fan of the nato nor the bracelet it comes with, but this combo looks solid.

Great review and awesome photos as usual, you always deliver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Present: BB58 | BB36 | GMW-B5000D-1JF | 6900-PT80

Past: 16610LN | 16622 | 116610LN | 214270
dr35mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 09:28 PM   #47
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Looks good, I like it.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 11:20 PM   #48
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I purchased pelagos rubber only with tang from AD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You didn’t have to present your pelagos in order to make the purchase? I looked into buying the leather strap and deployant buckle for my BB and was told I’d have to bring the watch in.
Old 14 February 2018, 11:21 PM   #49
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexEDC View Post
Just to let you guys know I also ordered the Everest Band for my BBB, I was unhappy with the large keep that it came with. Emailed them and told them about how big it is and keeps sliding off the band throughout the day. They sent me ONE, I emailed them back and ask to another one so both would even in size. They sent me another one. Now I'm happy with the results. I wish they have a option to use my deployment clasps tho..
Wow that’s great to know! I also find them to be too big. Probably the only negative in design. I might reach out to them. Thank you!
Old 14 February 2018, 11:25 PM   #50
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Wow looks great Chad and excellent photos!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 12:15 AM   #51
Soarer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LV
Looks like the perfect strap for the BB!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 15 February 2018, 02:45 AM   #52
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

Great Pictures! I do agree with SemperFi on rubber b. I also like the way the vulcanized rubber matches the texture of the dial with the rubber b. My only real concern with the Everest is that if you look closely too many bands look squeezed in although I don't see it much on yours. That extra 150 bucks to get the original Tudor clasp I think its well worth it to get that OEM feel. Im surprised you went this route from previous posts I've seen from you and how meticulous you are about OEM! Here's the Rubber B straps that I'm talking about
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tudorbbred .jpg (112.1 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg tudorbblue.jpg (172.8 KB, 115 views)
alex_moreno111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 03:14 AM   #53
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_moreno111 View Post
Great Pictures! I do agree with SemperFi on rubber b. I also like the way the vulcanized rubber matches the texture of the dial with the rubber b. My only real concern with the Everest is that if you look closely too many bands look squeezed in although I don't see it much on yours. That extra 150 bucks to get the original Tudor clasp I think its well worth it to get that OEM feel. Im surprised you went this route from previous posts I've seen from you and how meticulous you are about OEM! Here's the Rubber B straps that I'm talking about
Awesome photos, those are both your watches?

Clasp is $255, just got the price from Rolex last week. Ouch!

Rubber B looks good, as far as looking OEM though, I give the edge to Everest, hands down. Obviously with rubber B you’d use the existing OEM clasp, which would be awesome... IF I owned the clasp lol, which I don’t. Also while the splash of color is awesome, it’s not for everyone and definitely strays from that “OEM” heritage look.

I’m definitely interested in it, but after adding the cost of the clasp you’re looking at way more than twice the price ($500+) of the Everest, which I already find to be perfect. When rubber B comes out with a strap that has the buckle included or one that can use the bracelet clasp, I’m in!
Old 15 February 2018, 04:38 AM   #54
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

No not at all my watches, I get their promo emails from when I bought my strap. This is my setup. "Give the edge to Everest hands down" is an overstatement lets be real. I'm not saying your strap is bad at all but it's just not in the same playing field as Rubber B. TBH with you I feel Everest should sell at a lower price for their rubber straps. Their leather straps are a different story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batnobrac.jpg (71.5 KB, 111 views)
Old 15 February 2018, 05:39 AM   #55
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_moreno111 View Post
No not at all my watches, I get their promo emails from when I bought my strap. This is my setup. "Give the edge to Everest hands down" is an overstatement lets be real. I'm not saying your strap is bad at all but it's just not in the same playing field as Rubber B. TBH with you I feel Everest should sell at a lower price for their rubber straps. Their leather straps are a different story.
So wait do you have a black bay with the rubber b? Your review sounded like you have experience with it.

I never said, I “give the edge to Everest hands down” in general, just regarding what looks more OEM. The rubber be is a very modern take on the look of the watch. I like it, but I was just replying to your OEM comment.

I can’t say unequivocally that I give the edge to Everest overall, because I’ve never worn the rubber b on my BB. But since the deployant clasp costs $255 and the rubber B strap costs $250, I don’t think I ever will. Unless someone sells the entire setup cheap in the classifieds.
Old 15 February 2018, 06:26 AM   #56
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

ooh! got-cha.

Quote:
So wait do you have a black bay with the rubber b? Your review sounded like you have experience with it.

I never said, I “give the edge to Everest hands down” in general, just regarding what looks more OEM. The rubber be is a very modern take on the look of the watch. I like it, but I was just replying to your OEM comment.

I can’t say unequivocally that I give the edge to Everest overall, because I’ve never worn the rubber b on my BB. But since the deployant clasp costs $255 and the rubber B strap costs $250, I don’t think I ever will. Unless someone sells the entire setup cheap in the classifieds.
Old 28 February 2018, 04:50 PM   #57
stlwx21
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR & 79220N
I recently acquired my Tudor Black Bay with bracelet and nylon strap.

Now it's time to delve into aftermarket straps and I'm deciding what to do.

1. Everest rubber strap
2. OEM black distressed leather with Tudor clasp (like other variants of the BBB)
3. Pelagos rubber with BB end links

Thoughts?
stlwx21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 05:02 PM   #58
HogwldFLTR

Watch: Too many to list!
Quote:
Totally agree. It would be so much fun. The whole strap design would have to change though I think. The bracelet clasp is pretty wide. My guess is wider than the width of the strap where it’d meet the clasp.

But if they could make it work that’d be killer!

When I bought my first Everest I wanted the buckle. I figured I’d like to keep the bracelet together for quicker change-ups. After a while I got used to tinkering with my watches, boughtt the right tools and now I’m all about using the oem clasp. To me it’s a much more pleasing way of wearing the watch, plus it looks cool :)
Quote:
Awesome photos, those are both your watches?

Clasp is $255, just got the price from Rolex last week. Ouch!

Rubber B looks good, as far as looking OEM though, I give the edge to Everest, hands down. Obviously with rubber B you’d use the existing OEM clasp, which would be awesome... IF I owned the clasp lol, which I don’t. Also while the splash of color is awesome, it’s not for everyone and definitely strays from that “OEM” heritage look.

I’m definitely interested in it, but after adding the cost of the clasp you’re looking at way more than twice the price ($500+) of the Everest, which I already find to be perfect. When rubber B comes out with a strap that has the buckle included or one that can use the bracelet clasp, I’m in!
The thing I like about the deployant clasp is that it really reduces the opportunity of dropping the watch and damaging it while donning it. The strap and watch always make a complete loop.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 05:20 PM   #59
timeldn
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the great review, the strap versatility is amazing and the Integrated Everest Band works well.
timeldn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 09:56 PM   #60
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
The best rubber strap for the black bay is the rubber b easily.the fit between lugs lugs and the taper is so much cleaner looking.its also less bulky and sleek.and the texture is nicer.but the fact of having to buy your own clasp is disgraceful imo.
Another good vulcanised rubber strap for the bb is the brand new strap from crafter blue .It's cheap and looks like the rubber b.but fits between the lugs like the everest band here is a link to the crafter strap.the winner is the rubber b by miles but it's crazy expensive and no clasp.but for the price the crafter is probably better deal than the everest

https://www.crafterblue.com/tudor-blackbay-strap
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black bay , black bay black , everest , tudor , tudor black bay