The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 September 2024, 06:43 AM   #31
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Put the watch on your Wedding gift registry.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 06:43 AM   #32
Mystro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Forget money as it’s not as if you gave your AD $50k and get a SS Panda anyway. The AD is out of the equation for this particular Rolex. As I see it, a trusted forum seller is the only way you’re going to get a white SS Daytona in this lifetime.
Old 3 September 2024, 07:09 AM   #33
TheDon2000
"TRF" Member

My personal idea for most people dying for the hard to get pieces is to buy the watch grey market and then offer to trade it in to your AD for their appraisal number when they get you yours. Yes, you'll lose some money in the middle; but you'll have the watch today and the AD will likely advance you along with the opportunity to make a few grand or more on your trade. Better than buying gold jewelry, junk watches you don't want, or just waiting for years. Life is very, very short.
TheDon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 07:35 AM   #34
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 September 2024, 07:42 AM   #35
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me disappear into
I went gray
No way an AD will get you one in the near future plus with prices going up,,it’s definitely a great investment
I got the black and panda
And it’s both legendary

jeffgo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 07:54 AM   #36
GotRolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by febie111 View Post
I hope you have eagle eyes as you will need them to be able to read the time on that watch. (I owned one) I would not want you to be late for your wedding.

What about wearing an Apple watch at the wedding? Wear the Daytona after the wedding. So you won't be late for your wedding.

GotRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 11:18 AM   #37
Kemer
Banned

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! If the 126500LN is a meaningful piece for you and you’re comfortable with the gray market price, it can be a great way to mark your special occasion. While gray market prices are high and there’s always a risk of price fluctuations, if you plan to keep the watch long-term, this may not be a major issue. Just make sure to buy from a reputable dealer who provides authenticity and a warranty. Ultimately, if it’s a grail piece for you and fits your budget, it is definitely a rewarding choice.
Kemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 12:31 PM   #38
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

I would good with a PM on the OF in a dial you like, even though I love the panda $30K is too much for a SS Rolex Model. But this is your wedding day and you should wear what you want.

Congrats on your wedding.

Buy what you like and will enjoy.

Cheers,
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 12:43 PM   #39
daysky1
"TRF" Member

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/rolex..._QAPnk0&pos=26 i'm not sure if this link will get you there but chrono24 has this one fully stickered brand new for a $30,400. It's a 2023 as indicated in the description but to get a fully stickered brand new one is hard to come by the seller is MVP Jewelers Miami. If I was going to buy gray and willing to go up to the $30,000 I'd add the extra $400 get a fully stickered brand new untouched and well it doesn't get much better than that i've purchased most of my watches from the gray Market used to be you could get a fully stickered watch no problem nowadays they are more difficult to come by . I have in the past gone straight to the company selling the watch and ask if they would reduce the cost by six and a half percent from what it shows on Chrono 24 because that's what Chrono 24 takes from the sale anyway so they would end up with the same profit and I would end up with a little better deal it doesn't hurt to ask.
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 03:23 PM   #40
Halifax Daytona UK
"TRF" Member

Ignore the official ADd’s price because you will have to spend £100k plus to get the watch if you’re lucky. Go grey , you only live once and it will be less expensive in reality
Old 3 September 2024, 03:53 PM   #41
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Either way congratulations on the wedding.

The premium on this 126500LN just not worth it. That's just insane to drop ~$30k for a SS watch.
kopi-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 04:33 PM   #42
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopi-c View Post

The premium on this 126500LN just not worth it. That's just insane to drop ~$30k for a SS watch.
To most, dropping $15k on a watch period is insane. But we're not normal folks, are we, haha.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 06:51 PM   #43
milgauss2232
"TRF" Member

Watch: the watchmen
I have in fact been thinking this for the past six months or so, but have yet pulled the trigger
milgauss2232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 07:07 PM   #44
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

After years of waiting, and trying to play the AD game, I went grey for my BLRO. I ran out of patience and didn’t want to buy a whole host of watches or jewellery that I didn’t want just to work my way up the list.

I’m happy now to have the watch on wrist and if you have the money available to make the purchase, I’d recommend you do the same.
nighthawk77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 07:33 PM   #45
georgekart
"TRF" Member

You're getting married so you're unlikely to sell the watch since you're getting it to mark the occasion. It's highly unlikely you're getting it before then from an AD, so to me it's a no brainer. Get it if that's really the watch you want to mark the occasion.
georgekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 07:40 PM   #46
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
If you've got the means to do it comfortably, don't look back.
Congrats on the upcoming wedding!
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 07:47 PM   #47
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Just step back a moment and say do I want to spend $30K on a $16K watch? Only you can answer that question. Congrats on your wedding.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 07:56 PM   #48
Mystro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopi-c View Post

Of course it is but that is the country club you are in owning a white SS Daytona. You don’t get to wear it unless you dropped some significant money somewhere and that isn’t ever going to change.

Some people think it’s insane to spend $100k a year to be a member of a exclusive country club (if you pass the vetting) when you can play at the public courses for $100 a round. It’s the same game played on the same grass and dirt..
Old 3 September 2024, 07:58 PM   #49
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II Evr, SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Runner View Post
I agree with the others that mentioned just purchasing an OF model instead at that price point. I love my 126500LN and wear it often but I would not consider it a 30k+ watch. It is a 16k steel rolex. I completely understand the dilemma though. I say if spending that get a little precious metal in a oysterflex model!

What he said, set a limit over the MSRP that you are willing to pay (personally I would not spend more than $2500 that is not that much more than an AD purchase with tax etc.). and shop from there.

If its your "ride and die" watch that will never be sold, in 20-30 years its a moot point. But if in 5 years you want something different you will suffer buyers remorse....
911991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 08:06 PM   #50
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member

For those saying to go OF, few questions as I’m in the market for a 116500:

1) Are you saying to get an OF from the AD? Will that likely take a year+ depending on the model?
2) I think we can all agree that grey market prices of a stainless Daytona are always going to be $5k+ retail. Currently retail is $15k. 116520 is high teens. 116500 is $24k. 126500 is a few thousand more than that. I’m talking black dial. If that’s the case, basically the market is saying it’s a $20k+ watch, not a $15k watch, right? In that case doesn’t it make sense to just buy gray and pay the premium? Sure prices can always come down, but with the amount of spend you need, it’s certain more expensive than $15k.

Thanks for the input.
bmwsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 09:37 PM   #51
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Go for it if you want the watch and have the funds.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 09:54 PM   #52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsubmariner View Post
For those saying to go OF, few questions as I’m in the market for a 116500:

1) Are you saying to get an OF from the AD? Will that likely take a year+ depending on the model?
2) I think we can all agree that grey market prices of a stainless Daytona are always going to be $5k+ retail. Currently retail is $15k. 116520 is high teens. 116500 is $24k. 126500 is a few thousand more than that. I’m talking black dial. If that’s the case, basically the market is saying it’s a $20k+ watch, not a $15k watch, right? In that case doesn’t it make sense to just buy gray and pay the premium? Sure prices can always come down, but with the amount of spend you need, it’s certain more expensive than $15k.

Thanks for the input.
IMHO, if its a $16k watch add another $2600 for taxes depending where you live, thats $18600, so $20k isn't a bad number provided its a current model (within the 5 year warranty). YMMV
Old 3 September 2024, 10:17 PM   #53
Manamana
"TRF" Member

No OF Daytona will scratch the itch for a Panda. Nothing to do with precious metal vs steel, If you want a Panda go for it as it's the icon Rolex model. AD will never give you a Panda unless you have a good spend history, friend or family, or have something they want from you.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2024, 11:55 PM   #54
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Definitely get it BEFORE the wedding.

Afterwards, it won't be our permission you'll be asking.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 12:30 AM   #55
Kiri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
Definitely get it BEFORE the wedding.

Afterwards, it won't be our permission you'll be asking.
That’s what I did with the GMT Pepsi. If I buy it before, it was “my money”.
Kiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 12:40 AM   #56
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
go grey and dont' look back, life is short
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 01:15 AM   #57
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
It’s your wedding watch, so you’re likely not going to sell it anyway. The prices are fairly stable, although I think they will continue to drop (slowly). The cool thing about the Panda is that you can’t really upgrade it. The PM are different, not necessarily better so you’re buying arguably the best in class everyday chronograph on the market.

007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 01:18 AM   #58
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
Get a oysterflex gold model. Much better use of your money
Old 4 September 2024, 03:57 AM   #59
MannyMann
"TRF" Member

Hence you can afford the gray price, then you can go gray no much price difference, just make a good research and buy from a reputable seller.
MannyMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2024, 04:07 AM   #60
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Just step back a moment and say do I want to spend $30K on a $16K watch? Only you can answer that question. Congrats on your wedding.
Exactly, especially for a newlywed, since" your" spending now becomes "our spending", don't let a watch ruin that special day and relationship going forward.