The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 November 2020, 12:36 AM   #31
REFZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Rolex Way
IMO every Rolex watch looks the best with the original bracelet, so throw away those cheaps straps and enjoy it with the bracelet.
Old 7 November 2020, 03:16 AM   #32
doramas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
Different angle
Forget it.
That watch looks good on your wrist
doramas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 05:40 AM   #33
Big Sexy
"TRF" Member

Thanks guy...it sure is comfortable.

I think I will forgo the straps, keep it on the bracelet and let it get beat up...I didn’t buy it to preserve it after all...I bought it to use it.
Big Sexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 05:45 AM   #34
TTalk
Banned

Quote:
Thanks guy...it sure is comfortable.

I think I will forgo the straps, keep it on the bracelet and let it get beat up...I didn’t buy it to preserve it after all...I bought it to use it.
Sounds like a plan.
TTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 08:46 AM   #35
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Quote:
Ok...got it back on the bracelet damage free with the help of a judicious amount of masking tape and my newly acquired spring bar tool.

What do you think
This
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 09:28 AM   #36
iTreelex
"TRF" Member

Bracelet or bust, although I will be eating my words because I have my Exp2 on a nato while I type this lol.
iTreelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 09:39 AM   #37
zengineer
"TRF" Member

My wrist is only slightly smaller but maybe not as flat as the OP. I throw this picture around as my idea of how a watch should fit. I see these 44mm Panerai and Skydwellers on 6 inch wrists get the thumbs up here all the time...clearly I don't have mainstream taste. To me, big watches are the big cowboy trucker belt buckles of the day. I will say the OP could easily pull off a bigger watch. I couldn't pull off a Deepsea, he probably could. I never thought the Exloprer should be a big statement watch. Many wear the smaller 36mm version.

zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 10:14 AM   #38
StillTrying
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, black
Looks great on you!! Bracelet best, but straps have their place. (I wear my exp 2 on a nato when backpacking.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StillTrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 03:52 PM   #39
iTreelex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
My wrist is only slightly smaller but maybe not as flat as the OP. I throw this picture around as my idea of how a watch should fit. I see these 44mm Panerai and Skydwellers on 6 inch wrists get the thumbs up here all the time...clearly I don't have mainstream taste. To me, big watches are the big cowboy trucker belt buckles of the day. I will say the OP could easily pull off a bigger watch. I couldn't pull off a Deepsea, he probably could. I never thought the Exloprer should be a big statement watch. Many wear the smaller 36mm version.

Looks great on you OP. Love the Exp I
iTreelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2020, 10:19 PM   #40
winst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Well Rolex has previously called it an Explorer I, albeit with a Roman "I" not an Arabic "1". We've been through this many times.
I don’t see a problem calling it the Explorer 1 as it avoids confusion for some people. It’s not like it’s a silly nickname that some of the models get!
winst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2020, 11:29 PM   #41
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Well Rolex has previously called it an Explorer I, albeit with a Roman "I" not an Arabic "1". We've been through this many times.
I remember you posted that a long time ago and I was looking for it. Glad you posted again.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2020, 11:30 PM   #42
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winst View Post
I don’t see a problem calling it the Explorer 1 as it avoids confusion for some people. It’s not like it’s a silly nickname that some of the models get!
Sure. Exp I and Sub No Date only exist informally for practical reasons. When we had watches to buy at ADs, if you asked for an Explorer you'd probably have in front of you an Exp II, and if we were looking for a Submariner the sales guy would bring a Submariner Date. I don't have a problem with members pointing out to others the correct names though. Learning is a wonderful thing. However, people here do that even on incoming threads, clearly to rain on the guy's parade, when all you should do is say well done, congrats, enjoy your new watch and not criticize or teach anyone anything. IMHO of course.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote