The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 September 2024, 09:55 PM   #31
Kiddodoc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15 and counting!
I own both and love both. The SD43 definitely wears smaller. I think the DSSD is a more beautiful watch but to me, the SD43 is the best all around diver from Rolex. With your wrist, I would say you could pull it off(DSSD) especially with a flat wrist. It all depends on what you prefer.
Kiddodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2024, 09:58 PM   #32
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I’d go 126660 from a gray dealer.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2024, 10:22 PM   #33
Jb1264
"TRF" Member

Just an aside, does anyone prefer the black dial on the Deepsea, over the JC one?
Jb1264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2024, 12:27 AM   #34
mdozier
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600, 116660
Well, for me personally, I prefer the black dial on the dssd. I’m a diver and the more simple dial appeals to me.

I will say the JC dial is beautiful and I do like it but my 16600 is a simple black dial, well used and I got the dssd for the same purpose so I chose the simple black dial. But it’s just for me.
mdozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2024, 12:29 AM   #35
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb1264 View Post
Just an aside, does anyone prefer the black dial on the Deepsea, over the JC one?
The gradient blue is outstanding. I never had an interest in the black dial, but when the blue dial came out I was sold
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2024, 01:16 AM   #36
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

I can 100% echo what others here have said about the SD43. I wanted to love it so much, but it’s straight up uncomfortable on my 7” wrist. It’s so bizarre that the DSSD fits better, but it does.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2024, 01:40 AM   #37
APhound
"TRF" Member

It’s so weird. The deepsea is I think the only watch I’ve ever woken up and still had on. You would think you can’t wait to take it off but it’s so comfortable I’ve never needed to take it off, even working out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2024, 02:34 AM   #38
Wilco68
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 / YM40 / DJ41
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon2000 View Post
These watches can fit very differently on different wrists. It sounds weird but my theory is the people who find the SD43 uncomfortable have a "lean" or less-fleshy wrist and vice versa.
I think this is a pretty accurate observation & conclusion.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with the fitting of either watch - just a case of which one works best for your wrist shape.
Wilco68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2024, 06:53 AM   #39
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb1264 View Post
No, not really.
I have both and i enjoy the simplicity and appreciate the purity of a monochrome colour scheme, but if i already didn't have my 2011 MK II dial, i would be a one and done D-blue owner in all probability.
My Black dial is and has always been a daily wearer and the D-blue is the watch that i wore on my wedding day and honeymoon as it's the dedicated special occassion watch where my Sweet Sweet and i are celebrating. It helps that it's her wedding gift gift to me as well
Naturally the D-blue will always be special in that regard but wouldn't have bought it unless i was able to see one that had come in previously for another customer.
Originally i considered it to be rather comical based on pictures on the internet in the earliest period after its release, them started to change my mind when seeing some awsome pics posted by owners on the forum.
After seeing the watch in the flesh, i had to have it as it's so unique for a Rolex diver and arguably one of the most interesting and beautiful dials on the market even to this day
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2024, 07:08 AM   #40
faz
"TRF" Member

Watch: like'em all
I love SD43 and owned one for a little while. Comfort on wrist varies from one person/wrist to another, but another thing to keep in mind is not a temporary (few minutes) of wearing the watch. After a long day of having a heavier watch on your wrist, by the end of the day you can really feel the heft and the day that started comfortable can become very uncomfortable by 6 pm.

I had a Davosa Ternos Professional 600m (thick) watch for a while to see if I could even live with a thick/heavy watch, and by around 5 pm I couldn't wait to get home and take it off.

Instagram @fazmoto
faz is offline   Reply With Quote