The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 December 2023, 09:13 AM   #31
dseig001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Plat Dd
AD is sending some great shots

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dseig001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2023, 09:32 AM   #32
lencap
"TRF" Member

A beautiful, timeless and unique watch. Perfect for a milestone event. Wear it in good health.
lencap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2023, 11:07 AM   #33
PTCDAD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbees319 View Post
I gave up and just bought one second hand. Glad to have it, felt I got a great deal. Didn’t wind up with a new fluted bezel one but don’t mind at all.

Having said that, I don’t think it’s impossible, but will depend on your location/ local demand. They’ll probably get a coupe a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning watch!

PTCDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2023, 12:20 PM   #34
baythan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust
I hope you get the watch as it is a very beautiful watch, and it should be easier since you have an history with the AD.
baythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2023, 12:41 PM   #35
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseig001 View Post

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2023, 01:12 PM   #36
APhound
"TRF" Member

Platinum Day Date?

Quote:

Congratulations! You made it look easy.
I don’t think I’ve seen this setup on a platinum, fluted with sticks.
Gosh there’s so many day date configurations!! Like the Porsche 911 of Rolex.

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2023, 10:32 PM   #37
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2023, 10:39 PM   #38
Lacerta
"TRF" Member

It's a pity they discontinued the flat bezel DD. It looks so beautiful on Day Dates.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 02:05 PM   #39
subguy
"TRF" Member

What else can I do?

I put my name down for a Pt day date 40 two years ago when the fluted bezel first came out. I am first on my ADs list for it. I have a purchase history of three previous Rolexes from him. And: Still waiting. I also put my name in several other Ads in area - similarly, nothing. For the few who scored, you must be very lucky because I have nothing after two years. If anyone can clue me in as to what else i can do, please do so.
subguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 04:00 PM   #40
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

I am on several lists too with no responses either...last year one AD offered me a YG and/or a WG DD40, but I am holding out for the PlayDate...
Laine V38 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 SS - Baltic Aquascaphe SS - Garmin Approach S62
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune
njlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 02:34 AM   #41
subguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlam View Post
I am on several lists too with no responses either...last year one AD offered me a YG and/or a WG DD40, but I am holding out for the PlayDate...
Same for me: my AD called a few months ago for a white gold with blue dial. I wasn't interested. No comparison the royal blue vs the ice blue, to me at least. I love that ice blue.
Old 6 April 2024, 02:52 AM   #42
tramplejericho
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 228239 blue dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by subguy View Post
Same for me: my AD called a few months ago for a white gold with blue dial. I wasn't interested. No comparison the royal blue vs the ice blue, to me at least. I love that ice blue.

I’ve had both and prefer the Sunburst Dark Blue which I have now. That said the Platinum is a different thing altogether in terms of the metal.

If I could choose the perfect DD it would be a smooth Bezel Dark Blue Platinum.

Old 6 April 2024, 03:04 AM   #43
subguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramplejericho View Post
I’ve had both and prefer the Sunburst Dark Blue which I have now. That said the Platinum is a different thing altogether in terms of the metal.

If I could choose the perfect DD it would be a smooth Bezel Dark Blue Platinum.

Those are very nice! Do you find the platinum watches heavy for everyday wear? An earlier poster here said they were for him. Is this something you get used to, or simply individual preference? Unfortunately I dont have the luxury of being able to test out at the AD.
Old 6 April 2024, 03:24 AM   #44
tramplejericho
2024 Pledge Member

The platinum is much heavier, like noticeably and surprisingly so. But it never bothered me particularly, in fact I quite liked it. However you have to make sure it sized correctly otherwise it can be painful on the back of your hand.

I don’t have it anymore, needed to move some money out of Watches at that time and I’m glad I did because it’s subsequently dropped significantly in aftermarket value.

I consoled myself though with the white gold version which is in my view actually better looking at least from a dial perspective, there really is nothing quite like that platinum though in terms of the metal and what it looks like in the daylight.

Old 6 April 2024, 05:00 AM   #45
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:

This is the one I want.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 05:04 AM   #46
miamiclay
2024 Pledge Member

Congratulations!!

For those who may be interested in a neo-vintage platinum DD36 (and who are ok with having or replacing the factory diamond bezel), the 18346 double-quick platinum models seem well-priced lately (often under $25K - I’ve been sorely tempted).

As to the gold/platinum weight difference, I find it easily noticeable in the hand, but I can tell almost no difference on the wrist.

Enjoy, and we’ll look forward to some shiny pics!
miamiclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 05:09 AM   #47
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiclay View Post
Congratulations!!

For those who may be interested in a neo-vintage platinum DD36 (and who are ok with having or replacing the factory diamond bezel), the 18346 double-quick platinum models seem well-priced lately (often under $25K - I’ve been sorely tempted).

As to the gold/platinum weight difference, I find it easily noticeable in the hand, but I can tell almost no difference on the wrist.

Enjoy, and we’ll look forward to some shiny pics!
I sold the 18346 we talked about a few months back. The diamond bezel on the 5 digit shine nothing like the newer ones do and it just didn't feel all that special as a platinum piece.
Old 6 April 2024, 06:26 AM   #48
subguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
This is the one I want.
Interesting choice. I notice this ice blue DD 40 sticks is the ONLY platinum day date in both 36 or 40 that is lumed. At least that I can find in the current Rolex "configure" site. I, for one, wear my watch to bed and often consult it at night. (Thank you, BPH). So that model would be calling to me. Is that why you like it, or is the less crowded dial compared to the Romans why you prefer it?
Old 8 April 2024, 08:11 AM   #49
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

I see a lot if Platinum DD40s listed on Chrono24 offered at prices ranging from $79K to over $100K. MSRP is a little under $64K.

Are there a lot of these available/in-stock, or are these grey dealers looking to make a high-priced sale, then hoping to source the watches from ADs?
Laine V38 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 SS - Baltic Aquascaphe SS - Garmin Approach S62
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune
njlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 08:44 AM   #50
tramplejericho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlam View Post
I see a lot if Platinum DD40s listed on Chrono24 offered at prices ranging from $79K to over $100K. MSRP is a little under $64K.

Are there a lot of these available/in-stock, or are these grey dealers looking to make a high-priced sale, then hoping to source the watches from ADs?

The number of these watches in the current market that are actually bought and sold is LOW. A lot of the listings that are supper high will be old where dealers have bought them into stock at high prices and are just hoping to find someone to buy, or have listed them months ago and not updated the prices. Of course a lot also depends on the configuration, date of production, condition etc, but I don’t think paying more than 15-20% over list in the grey market is necessary when the demand is as low as it is right now.

A cash buyer will hold all the cards in the current market for a watch like this. Most gold Day dates of pretty much every configuration maybe with the exception of a rose olive dial are under retail in the grey market. This one whilst rarer is still available and has even lower demand than gold.