The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 August 2024, 06:55 AM   #31
saltyandwet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greene View Post
Had a dy to myself recently and stopped by the mall, did some window shopping at the different watch places. Stopped by the Panerai boutique and had a good conversation with a staffer, looked at the various models for sale, went by the Omega shop same thing. Oh by the way, I was treated very nicely at both places, then stopped by the Rolex shop, all watch’s had a sign “exhibition only” absolutely nothing for sale. Oh and even though I was wearing my Submariner the staffers seemed very snooty toward me. Now this isn’t the first time the staff at a Rolex store have treated me like this, on a recent trip to Vegas they had 3 yes 3 people in the shop and wouldn’t let me in. So not only am I displeased with no products to buy but the way they treat customers. Makes it easier to pick my next purchase and it’ll probably be at a shop where my money is appreciated. Anyone else have this happen?
So you were wearing your submariner, did you expect them to grovel at your feet b/c of that? You are making it sound like your submariner is your "all access" pass to their vault. And what if they have 3 person in the store but only 1 sales rep, if they let you in and no one was serving you then you will b*tch that they are ignoring you. You sound a bit entitled. "Oh I'm wearing one of yours, better roll out the red carpet for me".
saltyandwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2024, 07:01 AM   #32
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
No but i am tired of hearing ppl complain about ADs not having anything for sale when there are hundreds even thousands wanting the same typical pieces. It’s getting better but demand is still > than supply. Atleast for most ss sports pieces.
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2024, 01:01 PM   #33
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
One time I went into a store with my DD40 onyx and asked about a model and they said, “we won’t even put you on a list.”

It was AP.

I have Rolex for days, their treatment is top notch!
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2024, 01:03 PM   #34
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seddyspaghetti View Post
No but i am tired of hearing ppl complain about ADs not having anything for sale when there are hundreds even thousands wanting the same typical pieces. It’s getting better but demand is still > than supply. Atleast for most ss sports pieces.

Well said. ‘There’s nothing to buy’ blah blah blah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2024, 01:05 PM   #35
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I am a man with no AD, no horse, wandering the secondary hills of the Grey Market Village.

So funny!

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2024, 01:10 PM   #36
Rolexforthewin
"TRF" Member

Age old complaint…no watches for sale. There’s ALWAYS watches for sale!
Rolexforthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2024, 01:24 PM   #37
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Yes, Op most of us have experienced this in one form or another. Find another AD that would like your business in the future. They are out there. Luck and timing is very important too. Like I’ve said before, I just don’t let it bother me anymore, it just a watch a material possession not the air we breathe.

There are many brands out there! Hopefully this will all change soon!

Cheers,
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2024, 01:41 PM   #38
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Had a dy to myself recently and stopped by the mall, did some window shopping at the different watch places. Stopped by the Panerai boutique and had a good conversation with a staffer, looked at the various models for sale, went by the Omega shop same thing. Oh by the way, I was treated very nicely at both places, then stopped by the Rolex shop, all watch’s had a sign “exhibition only” absolutely nothing for sale. Oh and even though I was wearing my Submariner the staffers seemed very snooty toward me. Now this isn’t the first time the staff at a Rolex store have treated me like this, on a recent trip to Vegas they had 3 yes 3 people in the shop and wouldn’t let me in. So not only am I displeased with no products to buy but the way they treat customers. Makes it easier to pick my next purchase and it’ll probably be at a shop where my money is appreciated. Anyone else have this happen?
Which reference did you want to buy at the Rolex AD? If it was either the stainless steel GMT or Daytona, that would probably need some spend history.
kopi-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 03:18 AM   #39
thenewguy2023
"TRF" Member

FWIW over the weekend, my wife and I visited an AD that had recently launched a whole new showroom and had re-obtained their Rolex dealership license. Very courteous staff and took a whole hour to show us the showroom and let us try many watches. When we were at the Rolex section of their showroom, the SA was straightforward and told us the watches that were available for sale that day - a handful of TT / PM DJ and DD models.
thenewguy2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 04:04 AM   #40
MannyMann
"TRF" Member

I've had good experience with my AD over the years, but will advice you stop visiting any AD that does not treat you good.
MannyMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 04:14 AM   #41
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
No but i am tired of hearing ppl complain about ADs not having anything for sale when there are hundreds even thousands wanting the same typical pieces.
True, and there are hundreds even thousands visiting ADs every week to collect their new Rolex watches.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 04:23 AM   #42
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
You probably needed to walk in with a gold submariner. Ask to buy that to start.

Or a ladies day date or datejust with diamonds.

Quote:
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 05:59 AM   #43
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
Quote:
So why do you click on a thread named nothing from AD'S?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 06:50 AM   #44
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

My AD staff are the best
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 07:33 AM   #45
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
Quote:
Oh and even though I was wearing my Submariner the staffers seemed very snooty toward me.
No offense, but what were you trying to do, impress the AD with your Sub? Bear in mind, they sell Rolex watches, including Submariners, for a living! Lol.

A Sub could perhaps impress the sales staff of the lower-tier brands, but hardly the Rolex AD. To impress a Rolex AD, you will need something that's rare or top of the line like the diamond-dial DD or the diamond-bezel Daytona.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 08:17 AM   #46
MDR143
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
I was able to get a BLNR after a 23 month wait. Bought my wife some $2k diamond earrings I was going to buy for anniversary anyways shortly after getting in the list in 2021 with no prior spend. Just stayed in touch with quarterly texts and was cool about it and got the text one fine Friday afternoon.

Asked about an OP34 silver for wife 2 months ago and he said year or two. Went to new AD that I hadn’t visited wrote. Got the text with no spend on that one 8 weeks to the day later.

My advice: just be cool and know there are hundreds if not thousands wanting those watches. Desperation is a stinky cologne so don’t wear it.
MDR143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 09:57 AM   #47
Nova1
"TRF" Member

Not really. It’s affording me the opportunity to be smart with my money and exercise patience in my spending. It also prevents impulse decisions. I went on the list for a day date that, shocker, I really don’t have any feelings for 3 years later.
Nova1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 10:08 AM   #48
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Most ADs have been fine with me, minus a one off that was exceptionally bad. With no availability and no real excitement in the range, I've moved on to other brands.
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 10:25 AM   #49
Mr. Greene
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko 7A28 7049
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnceofpersia23 View Post
Was this Hyde Park?
One was the other one was in Vegas at the forums. I wouldn’t be miffed if it wasn’t multiple places.

Submariner 16610
Explorer II 1655
Panerai 915
President of the Royal Commanders Club
Mr. Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 10:27 AM   #50
Mr. Greene
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko 7A28 7049
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyandwet View Post
So you were wearing your submariner, did you expect them to grovel at your feet b/c of that? You are making it sound like your submariner is your "all access" pass to their vault. And what if they have 3 person in the store but only 1 sales rep, if they let you in and no one was serving you then you will b*tch that they are ignoring you. You sound a bit entitled. "Oh I'm wearing one of yours, better roll out the red carpet for me".
I didn’t expect them to bow to me, but I did think they should at least see I’m not a time waster.

Submariner 16610
Explorer II 1655
Panerai 915
President of the Royal Commanders Club
Mr. Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 11:33 PM   #51
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Patience is a virtue.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2024, 06:38 AM   #52
prnceofpersia23
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500LN
Quote:
One was the other one was in Vegas at the forums. I wouldn’t be miffed if it wasn’t multiple places.

Hyde Park is a tough place for walk ins. A couple of big changes in the last few years have contributed to that. The entire management and staff has turned over. I’ve spoken with former SA’s as well as managers and their stories of corporate mismanagement are a common theme. This seems to have stabilized now, but the turnover has disrupted client relationships. The move from Biltmore to Fashion Square has not only increased walk in traffic significantly, but has forced them to stay open for longer hours. Now they deal with more of the general public with SA’s constantly having to explain the current state of retail Rolex. They are also a diamond and jewelry retailer, with those high margin products being the priority for them.

These are by no means excuses for your poor experience, but I hope it gives you a bit of insight as to why you had it.
prnceofpersia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2024, 06:44 AM   #53
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

I got 3 watches last month from 3 different ADs. I'm starting to see the market soften big time.
IFlyPlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2024, 08:24 AM   #54
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
No. My AD doesn't allow big numbers in the shop at a time for security reasons but they've never been rude to me. If they had I wouldn't still be going there. Lots more ADs out there and they're not all snotty, plus a vast number of other models from other brands. You won't have to suffer.

Same here. I think My AD has a limit of 5-6 in the store at a time. Sometimes I have to wait in line outside for someone else to leave before I can get in. I can understand their precautions considering there have been uptick in mob looting in some major cities.

rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2024, 08:32 AM   #55
raips
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I am a man with no AD, no horse, wandering the secondary hills of the Grey Market Village.
Yours will be the cheaper path to acquire most references soon with dignity preserved.
raips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2024, 09:44 AM   #56
0nly5iv3Digits
"TRF" Member

Watch: What is "watch"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raips View Post
Yours will be the cheaper path to acquire most references soon with dignity preserved.
Amen!
Old 16 August 2024, 10:01 AM   #57
teome
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately far too common. I live in a big metro area and my experiences have been basically identical to yours. Unless you want a full gold skydweller then you're out of luck. That's why i just go grey if I really like the piece.
teome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2024, 11:18 AM   #58
Mountains868
"TRF" Member

My AD has been absolutely amazing, obviously it all comes to some individuals with very poor customer service, they literally behave like you are not welcome. I understand your experience, but we still have some good ones out there.
Mountains868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2024, 12:38 PM   #59
Barbara_C
"TRF" Member

My AD in the Woodlands....if you live around Houston you know who it is...he really almost sold me a gold DD last fall. I told him if I was not so damn old and closer to 50 I would by it.
But now a big chunk of my money is going to help homeless cats in no kill shelters.....which to me is way more important than me having to worry about getting robbed for my gold Rolex, I have 4 and that's plenty and should sell off 2. The older I get more stuff means Less and less to me. I know I'm in the 4th qt and the 2 min warning is coming.
The (my) salesman is semi retired and lives in my over 55 condo community ....I was playing golf with him a few weeks ago....hellva nice guy.
Barbara_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2024, 01:24 PM   #60
Gearjockey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara_C View Post
My AD in the Woodlands....if you live around Houston you know who it is...he really almost sold me a gold DD last fall. I told him if I was not so damn old and closer to 50 I would by it.
But now a big chunk of my money is going to help homeless cats in no kill shelters.....which to me is way more important than me having to worry about getting robbed for my gold Rolex, I have 4 and that's plenty and should sell off 2. The older I get more stuff means Less and less to me. I know I'm in the 4th qt and the 2 min warning is coming.
The (my) salesman is semi retired and lives in my over 55 condo community ....I was playing golf with him a few weeks ago....hellva nice guy.
Appreciate your philanthropy.

Closer to 50? 😂

You’re only as old as you feel.
Gearjockey is offline   Reply With Quote